Dexter's Dilemma

Posted by Dexter

I'm really aggravated right now. I came home from grocery shopping to find my older sister at my place. She was panicked, she was rushed, and she seemed to be in some trouble. I couldn't talk to her much but she needed me to take her two children and take care of them while she goes to take care of things (w/e that means). She said I was the only one she trusted with them for so long. I asked her how long and she wasn't sure. Knowing my sister, this could be a very long time. In the state she was in, I told her I was glad to take care of them, gave her a huggle, and told her that everything was going to be fine. I love my nieces and sister and would do just about anything for them. If she would have done this at any other time, I would be ecstatic! However, she could not have picked a worse time.

You see, I had a trip planned to go to Winnipeg, Canada to visit my friend and VGC member Angelwing on October 5th to the 10th. I was looking forward to the pleasant, gregarious company and the cold temperature and she was going to take me to the reptile expedition on the 7th and make me watch gargoyles. The trip can be re-planned easily for me, but I feel bad for Angel. She took the weekend off for me and she just got her own place so for her to take days off with all the new payments is a big deal. I really do feel awful about this, but I got the girls now and I am seriously stuck. I want to do something special for Angel to make up for it, but idk what to do. Any ideas would be helpful.

I'm also worried for my sister. It couldn't have been a financial difficulty because she knows I would help her out if it got really bad. I wanted so bad to know what was wrong but she didn't tell me and told me she'd call me as soon as she can. It's a complete mystery and my family can be just as strange as the next but I'll keep you informed.

As for the girls, we get along wonderfully. One's only 5 and the other's 11. I'm the best uncle ever! Great company, plenty of anime, pajama parties, lots of Nintendo, pets, bedtime story-telling, cosplaying (kids love it!). I'm going to teach them my dexterous sewing skills. They're going to have a fun time with me, but no doubt are they going to miss their mother. I remember how awful Fairy and I felt when our parents left us unexpectedly. It was like in Artificial Intelligence, when they made the robot boy love unconditionally and then the mother leaves him there in the forest.

Thoughts? Advice? Encouragement? Anything? :amy:

Posted by Poco

do what any man would at this point in time: masturbate.

or just bring the kids to anglewings and have a blast.

Posted by Raptor

Is there any chance of bringing the kids to see Angelwing, or were you going to fly there rather than drive?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

find a paralegal job for me up there and I'll babysit, but also only if you score me a few dates with your sister. BAM problem solved.

Posted by Dexter

I was going to fly to visit Angelwing. I had my ticket prepared and all. I still have not been able to talk to Angelwing about this because she's at work, I only left her a message. I really do feel awful. We were just talking about how much fun we were going to have last night. I hope she won't be too upset with me. There's really nothing I can do.

BJ, I'd hook you up with my sister, Fairy. That would be interesting. I'll warn you, though, that they're all crazy. I truly believe that I'm the only one who can handle their ways. The number of divorces for my older sisters is ridiculous and very sad. Maybe they expect too much from their boys or are confuse about themselves and their feelings. Fairy's different because she becomes incredibly loyal and falls in love and simply can't escape once she does.

Artistic, creative females tend to have more difficulty with men. I believe they are far more picky. They tend to notice trivial details about their boys and they dwell upon them and turn them into something bigger than they truly are, making something from nothing. They alter the boy's intentions. Maybe because they like to constantly have some form of drama in their lives or maybe because they like the conversations and they learn about them more through that process. Their insecurities gets them to believe that their boys don't love them enough. They can be too self-conscious for their own bloody good. Anyone know the lyrics to "Just Stop" by Disturbed?

Take sex, for example, why is it that when we reject them they get all insecure and start with the 'you don't want me' attitude, yet they reject us frequently and for less reason. When we want sex, we have to work them up for it, using the gradual cuddle action or whatever. When they want sex, they don't bother to work us up for it, amirite? They just go wild and we better know better and not hesitate for in instant because they're fragility often gets the best of the situation. And they play so many games. I tend to actually enjoy the games, unlike most guys, but I better pretend I don't know it's a game and do what I know they want or suffer dire consequences.

Opps. Sorry about this. Gregory Larkin for the win.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

ah nevermind then. I'm creative and overanalyze stuff enough as it is. If she's too much like me, personality wise, which she is, then it's doomed before hand. But hell, I'll still babysit if you get me the job, because fooked if I can get one on my own.

Posted by Ant

I think, you should send her money. I'm sure she won't mind spending your money while you aren't there :cool2:

Posted by sniper

I would drive down and watch them if I was compensated for it.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Dexter: I was going to fly to visit Angelwing. I had my ticket prepared and all. I still have not been able to talk to Angelwing about this because she's at work, I only left her a message. I really do feel awful. We were just talking about how much fun we were going to have last night. I hope she won't be too upset with me. There's really nothing I can do.

Since there is nothing you can do, I doubt she will be that upset with you. And if she does become upset, she should rationalise herself out of it. **** happens, and sometimes for the better. You shouldn't feel bad for circumstances beyond your control.

Posted by Klarth

It's human nature to regret not being able to carry out your plans, though.

If you call me out on the first three words of that sentence I'LL KILL YOU

Posted by Fate

It's unfair for you to be placed with such a "burden" (I mean that in light terms considering you love the kids) and not know what it's really about. I'm sure it's important, but your sister didn't give you a chance to say no. Assuming you had no chance to say anything, your plans were immediately thrown out the window and not given any consideration. Seems like you got the short stick.

Posted by bazariah

dude you should be ok, i've been in a similar position and it's only lasted a few days, your plans for the start of october should be ok

Posted by Dexter

I discovered that she went to Puerto Rico today and it could be a very long time until she returns. Looks like Dexy's going to be bringing up two young girls. Time to start an army of cosplayers! Just in time for the holidays, too. :cool:

Quoting Ant: I think, you should send her money. I'm sure she won't mind spending your money while you aren't there :cool2:

This is probably a good idea. She would easily find an excellent way to use it, with her new place and taking off the weekend for me. I would feel like such a jerk, though, as if I believe money would solve the problem. Maybe I could do something else special for her too? I'd like to surprise her with something. We're allowed to talk about it because she won't have computer for another month or two. Maybe I can go back to Jesse's and make him give VGC a "Welcome Back, Angelwing" theme. :-D

Posted by Killer Jordo

That really sucks for you Dex. Having your neices around will probably take your mind off of it. Atleast for a little while.

Posted by NES Queen

You can send Angelwang a homewarming present of sorts, all the little things she'll need for her new place that she probably forgot about. Or a few fun and interesting things to decorate her place with. My apartment was barren for the first few months until I had friends get me knick-knacks and toys to decorate with as xmas gifts.

As for your sister.... keep close tabs on her. You don't have to pry or be overprotective, but you also don't want any sudden bad news surprises. I just found out an old childhood friend of mine passed away, and I didn't even know he was in any sort of trouble. I'm not sure I would have been able to help him or save him from doing what he did, but at least if I had known what was going on there's a possibility I could have made a difference. Especially in your situation where there's two younge children also involved.

Posted by Dexter

Life just got a whole lot more complicated. Two more girls just moved in. They could help with babysitting and all, but it's only a matter of time until the bathroom is overcome with feminine products. Trust me, I remember how it used to be when I still lived with my 7 sisters. Action-packed, constant noise, hide your favorite cereal!

Help! The past is coming back to haunt me!

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: she went to Puerto Rico tod-

****, did she say at what part of PR she'd be?