Kingdom Hearts 3 -- Too "Generic"?

Posted by niglet

The trailer really struck me as a generic trailer trying to look cool. Look at it. A bunch of people in armour in the desert for no reason....

Discuss.

Posted by WackoHater2

What do you mean by generic? Like basic? Nothing special?

Posted by jefferey shalome

For all we know, the game can end up looking completley different. Remember the early clips from kh2?

Posted by niglet

Quoting Panic: What do you mean by generic? Like basic? Nothing special?

No..just... it seems like I've seen the same thing too many times... Over-clad armour, desert \ middle of no where... "Special super weapon"..very little dialouge..

Posted by jefferey shalome

cant please em all i suppose.

Posted by WackoHater2

It could be like Jeff said. The second game was pretty different than the early clips in most parts.

Posted by Arcadios

Well without creating suspense then people won't look at it with appeal so much. Deep Dive was creating questions here and there so they answered all of them in KH2, no we have this ending to theorize about. It'll all be answered in KH3.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting niglet: The trailer really struck me as a generic trailer trying to look cool.

I'm Sorry.

Quoting niglet: Look at it.

I did.

Quoting niglet: A bunch of people in armour in the desert for no reason....

Really? Seemed to me like they were either stealing, claiming, or retrieving the keyblades...

Posted by DarkBadmoonlight

Well, Nomura never stated that KHIII was the final chapter, nor that it was a trilogy (not counting CoM mind you). Im thinking all the armor and whatnot fits in with what it said. which was 'Keyblade war' (or somthing along the lines). Is it not fitting that you'd wear armor to war? The game is once again taking a darker and older turn, so despite the fact you dont like the armor, it does fit to what we know.

And its fun to get all hyped up about it, dont spoil our fun. :P

Posted by Tiptoegecko

From the trailer I hope we all know that KH3 is going to be online? I have no clue what "generic" means, but the trailer looks awesome, and I cant wait until 3

Posted by Silent Echo

I hope it won't be too generic. And I hope it won't turn into some MMORPG or anything. That would probably kill the franchise if it's executed poorly. When this game comes out, it's going to turn a glance into a stare.

I have high hopes for this game; Square has a lot to live up to.

Posted by Riku

to me it just looked like that they were taking kindom hearts, a mix of creativity and innovation of final fantasy, and falling back into its final fantasy roots. they definately should not do that. but however, like the other trailer, we didnt get nearly what we had expected to see.

Posted by Fate

Considering that Kingdom Hearts was made for Disney, I don't think the series is that bad. If the characters of the series had never been attached to Disney, they would've been nice additions to the Square universe in an FF-for-preteens scenario. It's cute for what it is.

Posted by UncleYaris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Yellow"]Yeah, but the reason a lot of people were turned on to Kingdom Hearts in the disney characters, so by taking that away, isnt that eliminating a certain fanbase? After seeing the trailer, I did feel kinda "empty..."[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Breakman

well with this huge revival of a thread i suppose i might as well go out and say that the 'super secret special trailer' at the end of KH2 is actually referring more to this silly new psp game, 'Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_by_Sleep

"It is an installment in the Kingdom Hearts series that focuses on Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, characters briefly featured in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+. Birth by Sleep is a prequel to the first Kingdom Hearts game and features many previously unexplained plot elements from the original Kingdom Hearts trilogy. "

"Birth by Sleep is a prequel to the first Kingdom Hearts game, taking place ten years prior, and focusing on the story of knights that wield Keyblades before the series' main protagonist Sora"

"The story was speculated early on to be connected to the unlockable trailers at the end of Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.[12] Nomura has since confirmed a connection to the trailers.[13]"

"Birth by Sleep is being developed by the same team behind Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and will use the same graphical engine as Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.[13][18][19] Development of the game began before the release of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+.[2][8] The plot was completed, but development was halted due to development of Re:Chain of Memories. Birth by Sleep is named after the unlockable trailer at the end of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix"

it seems they're making three silly spinoff games; 358/2 days for DS focussing on roxas' life between his 'birth' in KH and the beginning of KH2; birth by sleep for PSP focussing on the 'knights' and taking place before KH1; and 'coded' which is some funky puzzle game thing for mobile phones focussing on some silly sidestory taking place after kh2

so it's like chain of memories times three

any word on the actual kingdom hearts 3 is probably speculation right now, though i'm guessing the 'knights who wield keyblades' may not be the main characters of birth by sleep itself but the guys they're on a rescue mission for, " Master Xehanort and his apprentice"-- and then maybe the real KH3 will be a further prequel that deals with the adventures of those guys and their pals even further before birth by sleep? i.e. how every other zelda game is a prequel even further back in time from the earliest game plotwise?

yeah i dunno

Posted by sonic hedgehog

It may be a bit off topic, but didn't Master Xehanort's heartless look alot like an older version of Riku in his dark form with a fancy helmet on?

Posted by Pikamon

They need to hurry up and announce something about KH3 already. I don't really care about these handheld games. I'm sure most would agree that we want a console game instead.

Posted by techpro

Quoting Pikamon: They need to hurry up and announce something about KH3 already. I don't really care about these handheld games. I'm sure most would agree that we want a console game instead.

Actually they now have. It has now been announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released March 11, 2010. It has also been announced that a real Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer will be released this April.

Posted by Red

Quoting techpro: Actually they now have. It has now been announced that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released March 11, 2010. It has also been announced that a real Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer will be released this April.

I'm going to need to see a source for this information.