MMBN changes you missed

Posted by Red

as you all know, through MMBN 1-6 the game had alot of changes. perticularly in 4,5,and 6, but what are some of the changes you missed most.

I really missed the original MMBN theme music :(

the original net and the music that played through it

the sprites >=( **** them for reducing the size and such!

being able to half charge your buster

the chips buster shield,buster sword, buster punch, buster bomb.

there's probably plenty more I can think of.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: I really missed the original MMBN theme music

the original net and the music that played through it

Yeah, those 2 are the ones I miss.

Posted by CS Ryan

Charging you buster to two levels was stupid to get rid of. You can do it in EVERY MegaMan platformer.

Posted by Pit

It's not a megaman platformer.

Posted by CS Ryan

No, I mean that all the other Megamans can charge the buster to two levels, so why did they get rid of it for Battle Network?

I think I'd know it's not a platformer.

Posted by Red

yeah I found it dumb to get rid of too, in battle network 3 though if you use the program advamnce Deux Hero or 2x Hero, you can seee Megaman charge it to tow grade. I found that weird.

Posted by Pit

Because in battlenetwork 1, it took forever to get to the second level charge. I found myself hardly charging in one, rather, I used more advances and chips and strategy to defeat the enemy, as opposed to the rest of the series in which I spammed my buster all the time since the charge was quicker, dealt better damage, and was overall faster.

Posted by CS Ryan

Really, because I hated the buster in 2 and 3. In BN1, if your speed is maxed, you can shoot EXTREMELY fast.

And besides, the max damage the buster could do in BN1 is 80, 96 against the LifeVirus (for some reason, when you get Hub.bat in Story mode, your buster stats go up by 1 for the final battle, even if it's already maxed!)

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Red: as you all know, through MMBN 1-6 the game had alot of changes.

They did?

Seriously, though. I only own 2 and 3, so I'll comment on those: The leveling/add-on system in 3 was ridiculous. They should have kept it simple like in 2. Also, 2's extended travel to other countries was fun. It seemed to be a more complete and well-thought-out game overall, whereas 3 just seemed like the same thing over and over - kind of the "Harry Potter 4-6" syndrome.

Posted by MrQuicksilver

hey red, you can download the music hear http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php?r=43466

Posted by Red

haha wow, this is the first, time I've come on vgc in awhile. but thanks Mr.QuickSilver xP

Posted by sonic hedgehog

what I missed the most is the ability to get battle chips from story battles

Posted by Red

Quoting sonic hedgehog: what I missed the most is the ability to get battle chips from story battles

sorry not quite sure I get what you're talking about?

Posted by Zeta

I think he means geting a Navi Chip right after fighting a boss the first time. In the later games I think you could only get Zenny from the first encounter with them.

Posted by Red

oh yeah, that whole " having to run around the net and get into random encounters with them to get there chips" thing was annoying

Posted by sonic hedgehog

what I ment is we used to be able to get battle chips from event battles such as boss battles and battles when you are challenged by some random guy to a net battle but you only get to fight some virses while as now the game skips over the reward script for all but the random battles

Posted by Red

ohh I know what you mean now, yeah that ****ed me off also. like come on some of the viruses you fought in the event battles were tough, I want my friggin reward for em!! =/

Posted by Apathetic

The soul system, I bought 5 and man that thing sucks.

Posted by Zeta

The entirety of 5 sucked, except those little strategy battles. Soul sytem in 6 is much better.

Posted by CS Ryan

Yep. They're stronger, and you don't have to toss chips to activate them.