The Daily Show

Posted by Bebop

This programme is awful and needs to be taken off the air. When they're not taking things out of context they're telling crap jokes. I hate this show. I'm glad I haven't witnessed an entire episode of it. 15 minutes of this incredibly embarrasing nonsense is enough.

Posted by Roger Smith

You need to watch more Colbert Report.

Posted by Bebop

Why? Will that make me hate Daily Show more or love it more?*

*[spoiler]It is impossible for me to love the Daily Show.[/spoiler]

Posted by Roger Smith

Neither. Watching Colbert will make you love Colbert.

Posted by WackoHater2

I agree that The Daily Show sucks majorly. The Colbert Report is good though. It's the same thing, but funny.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I love the Colbert Report. But I still watch the Daily Show. Jon Stewart is a good sit-down comic.

Posted by WackoHater2

He isn't a good comic at all. I normally agree with you on almost everything Jordo, but not this. Definatly not this.

Posted by boomstick

The Daily Show is just stupid, bubblegum for your mind humor, you either like that kind of thing or you hate it.

Posted by Bebop

No, it's not even that. It's low cheesey cliche crap annoying humour. It's not even good on a basic level.

Posted by Bebop

I just [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqrxs29zVvk]watched a clip[/url] from the Colbert Report. Why are these people laughing so much?

Posted by Crazy K

I don't watch the show much. There has been times when I did watch the show, but it's not on my list of "shows to watch"

As for the Colbert Report, it's not that bad. Stephen Colbert messes up quite a bit though, so I generally hate it when he does that.

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't like the name of Colbert Rebort. I don't like it how it's pronounced. Like "Colbear Repor."

Posted by Killer Jordo

Indeed the Colbert Report is better. But I still watch the Daily Show. Indeed he isn't hte funniest person. But he does have his humurous times.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Of course the Daily Show takes things out of context, it's a fake news show. It's not supposed to be informative, just funny. I love the Daily Show and Colbert Report so screw you.

As Colbert would say, a wag of the finger goes to you Bebop.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]As Colbert would say, a wag of the finger goes to you Bebop.[/COLOR]

A wag? That catchphrase alone proves how awful that show is.

Posted by Roger Smith

There any shows you do enjoy watching, Bebop?

Posted by Bebop

Ones that are funny. Ones that arent people saying crap stuff like wag.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: Ones that are funny.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Well that rules out British comedies. Oh snap![/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Well that rules out British comedies. Oh snap![/COLOR]

Lol thats so witty. That wit it so good its on par with these type of comedy shows. Oh schnapp! Way to admit you have no taste in television shows. Serioulsy it would have done more for the stength of your opinion if you just stayed with "I LOVE DA DAILY COLBERT SHOW WAG YOU". Seriously how can you like this show? Its diabolical. America is known for having low programming qulaity but perhaps cancelling these shows would help rebuilt that repuation. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR24vl1FLm8]LOOK AT THE CLIP. IN COMPLETE AMERICAN FASHION PEOPLE CLAP AND LAUGH FOR NO REASON![/url] Whats wrong with you people?

HA HA A HUNTING STORY STARTING WITH BEING IN YOUR CAR? IMAGINE THAT! PURE COMEDY GENIUS!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

People take TV to seriously.

gees

Posted by Bebop

I only take it seriously when awful shows stay on the air.

lol subjectivity ftw

It's still on the air for a reason... people love it. How about avoiding Comedy Central during the 11:00 PM hour? Simple enough. Plus, you gotta realise this show is for Americans who aren't really interested in politics but want to feel smart. If it's retarded to watch it, it's even more retarded to hate it.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting Vampiro: lol subjectivity ftw

It's still on the air for a reason... people love it. How about avoiding Comedy Central during the 11:00 PM hour? Simple enough. Plus, you gotta realise this show is for Americans who aren't really interested in politics but want to feel smart. If it's retarded to watch it, it's even more retarded to hate it.

lol, anybody who takes The Daily Show seriously has a problem. The show pretty much badmouths all political views. It picks on liberals as well as conservatives. Like South Park, nobody is safe from being ripped on. It does it in such a funny way, that you cannot help to laugh. Also, if you are a Bush fan, I would suggest avoiding it. Because Bush is his (Jon Stewart) number one victim.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: lol subjectivity ftw

I don't get comedy central. One channel does air it in the Uk and as said before thankfully my run in with the show is limited. I don't hate it because of the politics side. I hate it because it quite simply is not funny. I find the comedy actually embarrassing to watch. It may not take itself seriously in the politics side, which i couldnt care for, but it does so in the comedy bit. It's not retarded to hate a comedy which thinks it's great.

People may love it, *** knows why, but people also watch and vote for Big Brother and My Hero. BTW My Hero is one of the worst British comedies to ever surface.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Well Bebop, whatever comedy show you may see as a comedic masterpiece is considered crap by other people. Taste in comedy and other things varies from person to person.

Take your new sig for example. You may think its hillarious, but people living outside little Bebop world might think otherwise[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Wow, thanks for reminding me about the existance of opinion.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]You're welcome.[/COLOR]

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Bebop: Wow, thanks for reminding me about the existance of opinion.

AH! A TRANSGRESSION! Burn him at the pyre!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Malevolence: AH! A TRANSGRESSION! Burn him at the pyre!

Shut up. Shut up and never come here again.

Posted by Ant

Eh, that clip wasn't funny. But the very few times I have watched The Daily Show I got a chuckle here and there. Not my kind of show though.

Posted by Raptor

I really wouldn't expect most British people to find the Daily Show funny, especially considering the general nature of British comedy.

Posted by Klarth

I like The Daily Show and Mr Bean. :(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Raptor: I really wouldn't expect most British people to find the Daily Show funny, especially considering the general nature of British comedy.

What's wrong with Mr Bean? :( The show is better than the movie.

British people dont find the Daily Show funny because its crap and have a better sense of humour. Klarth is just lying to make you guys feel better.

LOL DIFFERENT CULTURES FINDING DIFFERENT THINGS FUNNY?! NO WAY

Posted by Apathetic

I like the daily show more than the colbert report. Eh.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: What's wrong with Mr Bean? :(

[COLOR="Yellow"]Other than not being funny? Not much. ;D

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Brv-TIb70b0"]I dare you to not laugh.[/URL]

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=0maDvSzDX90&mode=related&search="]I double dare you.[/URL][/COLOR]

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Bebop: What's wrong with Mr Bean? :( The show is better than the movie.

Did I ever say anything is wrong with Mr. Bean? I'm a fan.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: LOL DIFFERENT CULTURES FINDING DIFFERENT THINGS FUNNY?! NO WAY

MY CULTURE IS BETTER THAN YOURS SO MINE IS RIGHT :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

[quote]Other than not being funny? Not much. ;D

I dare you to not laugh.

I double dare you.

Lies. Mr Bean is too high brow for you is all. His name is Bean lololo!

The first link is lol

The 2nd got old.

Quoted post: MY CULTURE IS BETTER THAN YOURS SO MINE IS RIGHT

My culture is basically yours, just a cheap knock-off. lol canadians.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

[QUOTE=Raptor]I really wouldn't expect most British people to find the Daily Show funny, especially considering the general nature of British comedy.

Why is that? I have been on several forums dedicated to the Daily Show and have found some British fans. It is also very popular in Canada and Australia.

Posted by Bebop

Thats because the Daily Show's humour is too cheesey, typical and broad for British tastes. Your obviously going to find some UK situated fans but then again, for some unknown reason, these people alo enjoy watching My Hero. The Daily Shows is just run of the mill and typical comedy.

Serioulsy I've seen holoacaust documentaries funnier than the Daily Show.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting Bebop: Serioulsy I've seen holoacaust documentaries funnier than the Daily Show.

There are a lot of Americans who do not like the show. I would think that the political subject matter would offend certain people more than what you call it's lack of humor. Some people cannot find humor in politics. I believe that The Daily Show is more popular in Canada than it is in America. Some Americans, mostly conservatives, are totally offended by the show.

Posted by Bebop

I don't hate it because it uses politics
I dont hate it because of its political jokes
Its everything else to do with it's 'comedy'. It takes the traditional American chat show stance of "YELL STUFF REALLY LOUD WITH ANNYOING CHARACTERS" while the audience yell and clap like baboons for no reason.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting Bebop: "YELL STUFF REALLY LOUD WITH ANNYOING CHARACTERS" while the audience yell and clap like baboons for no reason.

I know the kind of shows you are talking about. But I guess that is why some people think Americans are obnoxious. A very typical American stereo type.

Posted by Bebop

One of those 'kind of shows' is the Daily Show. I've seen Americans do it first hand. It's dumb, annoying and uncalled for.

Quoted post: But I guess that is why some people think Americans are obnoxious. A very typical American stereo type.

Americans are obnoxious. Wtf?

Posted by rivercitytecmo

a few things i gathered reading this:

-there is large amount of hatred for the daily show here, which surprises me, because i thought i was the only one who didn't really like it (especially with people my age).
-the entirety of britain hates the daily show.
-apparently, it is now common practice for people to watch and seek out clips of shows they do not like.

am i the only one who used to watch the daily show when it was craig kilborn's? i loved it then.

Posted by Zac

It's the best show on TV

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Zac: It's the best show on TV

That really says alot of the quality of the entire American Televison programming :(

Posted by Zac

sorry for being a fan of people making fun of politicians

Posted by Bebop

You clearly don't understand. I wa stopped to think someone who enjoys this show would be anything more than an idiot.

This show isn't funny. It's embarrasing. Most American 'comedy' shows are. It's like watching a drunk father in law at a wedding tell a joke.

And that ****'s hilarious.

Awkward though.

Posted by Zac

I clearly understand

Clear like a mud lake, amirite?

Posted by Zac

nourwrong

Posted by Bebop

You seem to think I hate the show because it uses politics in someway.

I hate the show because its not funny. It has nothing to do with the political subject it uses. it simply isnt funny. Any mild joke is streched out, or is predicatble, or is badly delivered, or ruined by the annoying audience, or ruined by the annoying presenters, or badly written, or dragged on to long, or badly timed. Everything comedy avoids doing the Daily Show does. Whats worse is that people don't seem to notice.

I can honestly see no attraction to this porgramme. If people honestly find this funny that must either a>have a very small range of programming avaible but considering this is 2006 as I write it MUST be b>they are idiots.

This show needs to be taken off the air.

Posted by Zac

So you don't agree with my sense of humor, why does that make me an idiot? By the way, I was kidding about it being the best show on TV.

Posted by Bebop

The same reason I think anyone is an idiot for eating fresh crap or cheering and chanting like a baboon on fire.

Posted by Iris

Anyone who lives in Britain must be mentally retarded. The weather's not all that great and what the hell is up with those accents? I mean, seriously now! Since my opinion reigns supreme, I refuse to believe that there is any possibility that some one living in Britain is anything beyond a half-wit, crumpet-loving, tea-obsessed, drive-on-the-left-side-of-the-road moron!

I think The Daily Show's funny and the guests are usually pretty cool. Also, John Stewart seems attractive for some reason. It may not be as sophisticated as British television, but it's a fun watch when not much else is on.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Iris: Anyone who lives in Britain must be mentally retarded.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Can i put that in my sig?[/COLOR]

Posted by PROF CHAOS

This is getting old fast. Nothing like opinions based on stereo types. The Daily Show is not an example of what Americans are like. It is a satire on how news is presented in the United States. If you have never been to a country, you basically know very little about it. Also, if you base your opinion, of the United States, from it's movies and TV, you will learn absolutely nothing. To be honest, you learn more about people by chatting with them on the net.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

There was an advertisement for the Daily Show where Jon Stewart said:

"I recently read a survey that said that 70% of Americans get their news from late-night comedy news shows. And I just have one thing to say to those people. DON'T DO THAT! WE MAKE THINGS UP!"

It's a comedy show. Jon Stewart has been offered gigs on news channels (Sort of like what Dennis Miller had going), but he turns them down because he doesn't like how seriously everyone takes everything. And he seems to be slanting left politically, but he does his share of making fun of Democrats and other lefties.

Comedy is relative. I've seen things like Monty Python that people tell me are so hilarious, and I can't find any humor in them. If you dont' like The Daily Show, then don't watch it. I do like it, and so do a sh*tload of other people, so we will continue to watch it.

Furthermore, when you take a stab a nightly comedy show, you've gotta realize how difficult it is to come up with 30 minutes of funny stuff, 4 days a week! It's not a like a sit come where they can plan weeks/months ahead of time. They throw their show together a couple hours before it airs everyday. I can see why it would be difficult to come up with fresh material, but they do a d*mn fine job of it. Jon Stewart is hilarious. He knows his stuff, too. I saw him on Crossfire, when he wasn't being all funny and stuff. Tucker Carlson kept encouraging him to be funny, and Jon said he didn't come there to be funny. And it was awesome how he played them (Tucker and the other guy). Tucker kept railing on him for not asking the hard hitting questions when John Kerry was on the show. He was saying that Jon Stewart was soft in his interview. Jon simply responded that it's not his job to ask the hard hitting questions. He is supposed to make people laugh, not keep people informed.

As I said, it's relative. If you don't like his show, that's okay. There's plenty of other junk on TV to watch.

Bebop, why should a show be taken off the air because you don't think it's funny? Television shows are all made for one reason. To make money. Ratings will do that for you. For a cable non-network show, The Daily Show has a ridiculously high viewer base. I freaking hate a lot of the stupid shows on NBC, and I absolutely loathe anything that airs on MTV. But hell, they're doing it for money, and they're making money doing it. So why should they take a show off the air because some people dont' like it? Do you know that their book (America: The Book) outsold Bill Clinton's "My Life" on the NY Times Bestseller list? That means that a lot of people must like the show because we all went out and bought the book, myself included. And I loved the book! So obviously, most people who have watched the Daily Show actually like it, therefore, it has good ratings, therefore, it makes money, therefore, it should not be taken off the air because it is accomplishing its goal of making money!

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Great post, Castor. Jon Stewart has said several times that The Daily Show is FAKE news. The key word is FAKE. The show is not meant to be real. Yes, the show grosses a lot of money. So it is not going to be taken off the air because a few people do not like it or find it offensive. Besides, our neighbors to the north, need something to watch on TV. ;)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't watch fake news. I read the onion to know what's going on in the world.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I don't watch the Daily Show to find out what is going on in the news. (Usually The Daily Show is behind anywho). I watch the Daily Show to see what they are going to do with it.

Pretty sure Bebop doesn't have a problem with the fact that it's fake news or whatever else, he just hates it because he finds the comedy itself low-brow and highly retarded. Nothing more.

Good post anyways, Fei.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Iris: Anyone who lives in Britain must be mentally retarded. The weather's not all that great and what the hell is up with those accents? I mean, seriously now! Since my opinion reigns supreme, I refuse to believe that there is any possibility that some one living in Britain is anything beyond a half-wit, crumpet-loving, tea-obsessed, drive-on-the-left-side-of-the-road moron!

I think The Daily Show's funny and the guests are usually pretty cool. Also, John Stewart seems attractive for some reason. It may not be as sophisticated as British television, but it's a fun watch when not much else is on.

It's not though. I'm sure there are better televison shows on the air. I just don't understand why people would chose to watch it over something else.

There is opinion and fact.

Daily Show is not funny. That is a fact. just like Van Helsing was an awful movie. That is a fact.

And to Fei. Thanks for reminded me of the obvious. It has a large fanbase? No wai. Ratings make monmey? DOUBLE NO WAI.
I don't care how long someone has to write something. If it sucks it sucks. If it takes 2 seconds or 2 decades time doesn't make it funny. That's a poor defense. I've seen shows written on the same time basis and it's funnier.

And I'll tell you why I want it taken off the air. it's ****. TV is polluted with too much crap. I hate Big Brother because it's just a cess pool of wannabe Z list celebrities which everyone will care about. I know people watch it (somehow) and I don't care. I don't care if people enjoy crapping on each other during intercourse, I think it's wierd. Other people's opinions isn't going to stop me from having one. Want to see an actually funny news and politcal comedy show? Watch 'Have I Got News For You'.

I can't beleive you people are ****ting your pants over my hate filled rantings.

Quoted post: I can't beleive you people are ****ting your pants over my hate filled rantings.

Except no one really seems to care.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: Except no one really seems to care.

Of course which is why no one has posted in this thread.

Wait. OH SHI-

Except I said "No one really cares." As in "No one cares enough to '**** their pants' over some British kid's opinion"

:cookie:

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop:

There is opinion and fact.

Daily Show is not funny. That is a fact. just like Van Helsing was an awful movie. That is a fact.

[COLOR="Yellow"]And does anyone outside little Bebop world agree with that?

You missed the point where Fei said that the reason the show has a huge fanbse is because people find it funny.

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Comedy is relative. I've seen things like Monty Python that people tell me are so hilarious, and I can't find any humor in them.

I forgot about Monty Python, i've heard so many people rant about how funny the show is so i saw it and was absolutely dumbfounded tha anyone would find it funny. If brits think [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_Gn6a3WbYw&mode=related&search="]this[/URL] is funny then they really have no business arguing what good comedy should be like. Why are they laughing?[/COLOR]

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Bebop, you remind of Eric Cartman. He so much wanted Family Guy off the air. He felt his opinion of the show valued so much that he actually went to Fox studios to direct the show's death.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

eric. . . cartman . .. is a fictional... nervermind

Posted by Fate

I don't watch it all the time, but when I do I find myself laughing. It is pretty low-brow, but I think it's funny so whatever.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: eric. . . cartman . .. is a fictional... nervermind

True. But Bebop's demanding that the show should be off the air, reminds of the Family Guy episode of South Park.

[quote=Bebop]And I'll tell you why I want it taken off the air. it's ****. TV is polluted with too much crap.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I don't watch fake news. I read the onion to know what's going on in the world.

The what?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Bebop, I think you're missing the point of TV.

It's not there to keep people informed or to accomplish any other goal than to make money. You're right. TV is way polluted with stupid shows. In my opinion, the overwhelming majority of television shows are really, really stupid. Ironically, the Daily Show is probably the only show that I count on to be consistantly good. Any other show (excepting Saved by the Bell) has let me down, a number of times.

So yes, TV is polluted with garbage. TV is terrible, overall. For the most part, Television sets are only good for playing video games and watching porn/Star Wars. Or Star Wars themed porn. Either way, not for watching Television shows.

But for some reason, despite this fact that we agree on, the people who run NBC and CBS have more money than either of us will ever see. If a show does need to be taken off the air, they'll know before you do because a bad show means a smaller paycheck for those guys. For you, bad TV is an annoyance. For them, it's a smaller yacht. See where I'm going with this?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]
You missed the point where Fei said that the reason the show has a huge fanbse is because people find it funny.
Yes and you miss the point where that is unbeievable. I watch the show and I honeslty wonder how someone can enjoy it. Ever time he does an impression a little bit of vom comes into my mouth.

EDIT: Ooo yellow writing.
[quote]I forgot about Monty Python, i've heard so many people rant about how funny the show is so i saw it and was absolutely dumbfounded tha anyone would find it funny. If brits think [URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=k_Gn6a3WbYw&mode=related&search="]this[/URL] is funny then they really have no business arguing what good comedy should be like. Why are they laughing?[/COLOR]

Let's try to keep the racism to a minimal shall we?

[quote=Fei-On Castor]But for some reason, despite this fact that we agree on, the people who run NBC and CBS have more money than either of us will ever see. If a show does need to be taken off the air, they'll know before you do because a bad show means a smaller paycheck for those guys. For you, bad TV is an annoyance. For them, it's a smaller yacht. See where I'm going with this?

You write that as if I'm supposed to suprised. As if I didn't know about it already. I place this show with other run of the mill American comedies. Hope and Faith may pull in the advertisers but I'll still think it's crap and not understand why people like it. Ratings and popularity don't make me like a show, it's content does. The network may love it for it's fanbase but I hate it for it's content. That is the vicous cycle of televison but I'm still going to say a show needs to be taken of the air if it needs to.

Posted by Fate

It's an oft-proven stereotype that Brits have a dry sense of humor, so it's not either loud, obnoxious, blatant, or silent, it's no good. Blame it on a cultural difference and leave it at that.

Posted by Bebop

I blame the fact it sucks on the comedy content. Not the stereotypes. It's comedy reminds me of the MTV Movie Awards where someone comes up and reads a scripted 'joke' which in istelf isnt that funny but then they deliver it in such a crap way that makes it truly cringe worthy.