Why can we not read other users' reps?

Posted by Delilah

Or is that just something that comes with a high post-count? I think that would be sweet if we could. It's not private information. So, why not?

Posted by GameMiestro

Because it is private information.

Posted by Delilah

How is it private? It is only what people say about the person.

Posted by Arcadios

What's the point of bothering?

Posted by Iris

It's not really private, since you can read them on their posts.

I don't know. I'm not sure if members want all of their rep comments to be so easily accessible. Still, I think it could be a nice feature if there was a link to it in the user's profile, like checking all of the posts they've made. I'm pretty sure we had something similar to it, like a place in the profile where members can comment on that person and the comments can be viewed by anyone.

Posted by Delilah

So we can know what people think of others.

*sigh* I can see this thread is going nowhere...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: So we can know what people think of others.

That's really easy to tell without seeing someone's rep comment history.

Posted by Xero

I agree with vampiro. Certain posts made about other members clearly show who is a n00b and who is not. I don't think jesse should bother making a link so we can see a member's 10 recent rep comments.

Posted by Arczu

It would probably cause some sort of popularity war. Not what VGC needs more of.

Because seriously, there are always people who seem to care about their reputation points more than their ability to post.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arczu]http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=15866

Ooppsie!

Posted by G-Sides

i think it's kind of nosey to be able to read other peoples' rep comments. you already have so much to go on a person by (rep #, post #, personalized signature and avatar, and the ability to view every single post the person has made) that i think a rep comment viewing would just over-do it.

Posted by Poison

Why don't we go for something more simple?

Rep Blocks!