most definately a complaint

Posted by Lord of Spam

Well, a complaint based on teh answer to a question really. Did my threads about my road trip get bumped off normally, or were they a victim of OMG WE GOTZ TA MAKE TEH PLACE PRESENTABLE!!1!

If its the latter, i hope you rot in hell. The threads are ****ing gone, and I just realized that I dont have a backup of what I wrote as a description (thankfully I wasnt relying on vgc for hosting, otherwise i'd be truely ****ed). In otherwords, the story that I wrote out about the best weekend of my life, that I wrote out while it was still fresh since i knew the details would become cloudy, has been ****ing lost forever just because some stupid whore decides that teh limitless storage capacity of the internet is somehow being missused by storing a few megs of ones and zeros. Well, ****ing die, you ******* ****. I put more of myself into that weekend and that resulting story than pretty much anything else ive ever done. and now its ****ing gone, and for no ******* reason other than the fect that you felt the need to flex your ****ing epenis. you are a vapid ******* moron, and i wouldnt trust you to care for a ****ing dog. so **** you, **** your OMG WE GOTTA CLEAN HOUSE idiocy, and **** vgc. im so ******* angry right now its not even funny.

Posted by Delilah

I say a witch burning is in order. But that's just me.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm guessing the former...

Posted by Raptor

You should always keep multiple back-ups of everything you write that you consider valuable and would be loath to have lost, especially when it comes to a place like VGC. There are lots of naughty hackers out there and even more incompetent moderators.

Posted by Lord of Spam

QUICK SOMEONE DELETE THE ENTIRE BOARDS ITS FILTHY WITH POSTS AND FOND MEMORIES PLUS ITS TAKING UP TOO MUCH SPACE ALSO IM A ****ING MORON LOL.

Posted by Delilah

You know, there is a name for heartless, dememnted people like those. I, however, call them, "Denida's." (see: http://www.gametalk.com/talk/mods/lord_denida/profile.htm)

Posted by NES Queen

*sits back and waits for the BS excuse someone will come up with this time*

Posted by Iris

Here's my excuse, but it's not BS:

Wasn't me. :-x

Posted by Lord of Spam

yeah, figured that. i dont really agree with a lot of stuff you do but "OH HEY THIS THREAD THAT PEOPLE LIKED THAT WAS SEVERAL PAGES LONG SHOULD BE DELETED FOR ABOSLUTELY NO REASON LOL" seemed too stupid even for you.

Posted by Delilah

Oh? You don't know who did it? Gosh, that sucks. It wasn't me- I would never do that. Ever. Besides, I like you (a little, anyway)- you didn't yell at me when I pm'd you, at least.

Posted by Iris

Of course you would never do it. :)

Ask Jesse to check the moderator logs. I'm not even sure what thread you're talking about.

Posted by Poison

How do you think I felt when I owned a certain someone in my maple story thread?

That’s right, you guys don’t even remember it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It was a thread i made about th road trip to new orleans sometime earlier this year. I had three threads; one was a thread where i wrote out what happened, one was a picture thread where i posted the cooler pictures of what happened, and the third was a thread of the rest of the pictures that people wanted to see.

in other words, it was popular enough that people wanted to see even the crappy pictures of the weekened. and now i dont remember all of it, since i was stoned off my *** the whole weekend, and its pretty much gone forever except what i remember now (which ive written down elsewhere to preserve as much as i can). And all because (im assuming) felt the need to prove that she was a worthwhile mod.

backfire get, you ****ing *****. you owe me an awesome pot fueled weekend.

Posted by Iris

Are you sure they weren't all merged?

Edit: teehee, they were all merged. I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to keep all of your pictures in one thread, so I guess that's why it was. The stuff you're looking for is in your other picture thread.

Posted by Ant

[QUOTE=Poison]How do you think I felt when I owned a certain someone in my maple story thread?

That

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Iris: Are you sure they weren't all merged?

Edit: teehee, they were all merged. I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to keep all of your pictures in one thread, so I guess that's why it was. The stuff you're looking for is in your other picture thread.

one of them wasnt on a picture board, and was nothing but text. also, i found at least two or three picture threads on there, so someones still not doing their job right:cookie:

Posted by Lord of Spam

just went through 17 pages of my old threads. Two things I noticed:

1) its now a huge pain in the *** to find any specific thread i started, since its now all unsearchable thanks to fates idiocy
2)the thread i was looking for wasnt there, thanks to fates idiocy.

in conclusion: i dislike fate.

Posted by Iris

If you can't tell which thread's which with the search function, then you clearly can not use it properly. As for navigation, it shouldn't be a huge concern to month-old threads.

If you didn't find the thread you were looking for, then it just might not have been merged. Search through the rest of Off Topic with the keywords "road trip" or "New Orleans." You'll probably find the thread you were looking for if it wasn't in the picture thread.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I looked through every page of off topic already. I wouldnt have just gone off saynig OMG U DELETED MUH THREAD if it was still there.

And its a ****load easier to find threads iof they're seperate, rather than one big jumble of threads.

Posted by Iris

Do you mean you checked off topic the category or board? You might want to check Community Board as well.

And you're supposed to keep it in one thread. 6 different threads for one person isn't necessary when it's all one topic. Though, I don't really think a road trip album and another thread for general pictures are really the same topic.

Posted by Lord of Spam

yeah, except that me moving into and out of college, a few pics of my cat, my dorm room, a sunburn i had, and a few other things are hardly one topic.

and i checked off topic by searching through each page, and used search feature on community board. its gone. it was probably one of those "old inactive worthless threads that nobody will miss". only, WHOOPS, someones missing it. but hey, dont worry. im sure you still think you did the right thing.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, when was da last time you saw the thread??!!!!!

Posted by Klarth

THERE'S DUST UNDER THE FLOORBOARDS! TEAR THEM ALL UP AND GIVE THE FOUNDATION A GOOD HOSING!

Posted by S

It's your responsibility to save it, you can't blame someone for doing their job - even if you don't agree with it. If it was a mistake, it was a mistake. Just remember that the first mistake was you not saving your own work. Don't take your anger out on someone else.

Posted by Lord of Spam

oh well i made a mistake clearly then nobody else should be held accountable.

shut up.

Posted by S

You have no one to blame for this but yourself, it was your own carelessness.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yes, very clearly we can all see how my careless lead to fate deciding to delete threads that didnt need to be deleted.

Oh, wait, youre a moron.

Posted by S

Slander gets you no where, just proves further you have nothing to quantify your argument.

It is not Fate's job, or anyone else's job for that matter, to preserve your work for you. If it meant that much to you, you should have saved it. But you didn't, so did it really mean that much to you or were you just careless?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I didnt expect someone to go through months olkd threads and delete things for absolutely no reason whatsoever. So if thats careless, if its careless to not forsee someone taking it upon themselves to completely mangle a forum for no reason other than they feel like it, then yeah, i was careless.

Seriously, I have nothing to support my argument? You're in essence blaming me for fates actions. Think about that.

Posted by S

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I'm telling you that you are at fault for losing your work. You did not take the needed measures in order to preserve it, and now you reap the seeds that you've sown.

What it seems like to me, is that this is just being used as fodder against Fate in a round about attack of character. And I don't honestly care enough to bother with it.

As an artist, and as a writer, I save most of my works in three forms: Internet, Word Documents saved to my computer, and Hard copies that are stored together and sometimes mailed to myself to preserve their authenticity. I've attempted to make sure that I will not lose my works because they are that important to me. And if I still fail to protect them, who's fault is that?

Is it the fault of the lightsocket that sparked and destroyed my hard-copies? Is it the server's fault for having a massive shut down with huge losses of data(See VGC's crash a few months back. Lots of my writing was lost due to the hacker.)? Or is it Dell's fault that my computer corrupts due to a flaw in their basic design? Hey, maybe it's Microsoft's fault for having a crappy OS system! No, it isn't any of these. All of these things are my fault. My fault for not taking preventive measures against. Saving on the internet in multiple spaces, relying on an external hard-drive, as well as my main computer, and making sure that my hardcopies are in a safe place.

Stop shifting the blame, grow up, and take responsibility for your own actions.

Posted by Lord of Spam

hahaha oh wow. yeah, clearly I should have stored everything that I ever wrote in triplicate with the forknowledge that someone might decide to wipe things out for no reason. Riiight. My fault entirely.

For the record, I am partiually to blame for not backing things up, but to claim that it is ENTIRELY my fault is just flat out wrong. What was done had no real logical reason or merit, and was compeltely unforseeable. It then falls upon that person to share in said blame. When you combine that with the fact that the persons responsible are supposed to make the site enjoyable, and in fact did the exact opposite, that person becomes even more culpable. And if you're honestly suggesting that I physically write out and then mail copies to myself, then you are a ****ing nutjob.

And hell, I dont even know if it was fate. I'm assuming it was since it was on boards she mods and nobody else claimed responsibility for it. If it wasnt her, than the things I've said apply to whoever did delete it.

Oh, and yes, it is dells fault for building a faulty computer, just as much as its the hackers fault for wiping the server, just as much as its the lightsocket manufacturer for building a faulty lightsocket. All of these things are things that you could very easily sue for and win, assuming you had suffered actually monetary loses on them. So nyah nyah nyah.:P

Posted by S

Monetary losses or not, your prized possestions are all now gone and irreplacable as you so keenly pointed out. Completely irrelevant, as we are not talking fault of products, we are talking the fault of safely storing something that you cherish. The fault of products is what can jeopardize it only, it does not justify relying on them completely. Don't defer the subject.

[quote]hahaha oh wow. yeah, clearly I should have stored everything that I ever wrote in triplicate with the forknowledge that someone might decide to wipe things out for no reason. Riiight. My fault entirely.

[quote]The threads are ****ing gone, and I just realized that I dont have a backup of what I wrote as a description (thankfully I wasnt relying on vgc for hosting, otherwise i'd be truely ****ed). In otherwords, the story that I wrote out about the best weekend of my life, that I wrote out while it was still fresh since i knew the details would become cloudy, has been ****ing lost forever

Taking my words out of their inference and context isn't an advisable argument, it holds no weight. The bolded text is exactly why you wanted to preserve it. I never said anything about everything that you write being saved, I simply said that anything you hold valuable enough should be. But again, it is your choice to make. However, don't cry when you are a victim of it because it will fall on deaf ears.

Again, I reiterate: You are fully to blame for this. If the forum is in such disarray, as you say, it gives you even more reason to save what you wrote. It was only your own irresponsibility that failed you. You can be angry at Fate, or whomever, but they are not to blame for you losing your work. They may be at fault for doing something they shouldn't have, but they are in no way responsible for your fault.

Posted by GameMiestro

Shouldn't Jesse have a backup of all those posts? You made it quite a while ago...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pretty sure he would have to roll-back the whole forum.

Quoted post:
Again, I reiterate: You are fully to blame for this. If the forum is in such disarray, as you say, it gives you even more reason to save what you wrote. It was only your own irresponsibility that failed you. You can be angry at Fate, or whomever, but they are not to blame for you losing your work. They may be at fault for doing something they shouldn't have, but they are in no way responsible for your fault.

That's so ****ing retarded.

Posted by S

K, thanks for that.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Look Mom, I can be snide ******* who thinks he's worth something, too!
[/COLOR]

Posted by Hyper

LoS: VGC isn't reliable and it isn't your personal harddrive. Lunair's right, should've backed it up yourself. I can see why you're mad at whoever did it, but the situation would be the same if the forums got wiped again by a hacker.

Quoted post: I can see why you're mad at whoever did it, but the situation would be the same if the forums got wiped again by a hacker.

Except that's completely different.

Posted by Hyper

Not at all. Both situations deal with the unpredictableness of an online forum. Doesn't matter if the person was malicious or not.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I call BS.

Posted by muffla

I feel sorry for you Lord of Spam

P.S. would have said this in a rep but have to spred it around first

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Hyper: LoS: VGC isn't reliable and it isn't your personal harddrive. Lunair's right, should've backed it up yourself. I can see why you're mad at whoever did it, but the situation would be the same if the forums got wiped again by a hacker.

At which point I woul;d complain about the hackers primarily, and jesse's lack of decent security secondarily. I already said that I should have backed it up and share some of the blame, but that doesnt mean that other parties are not also partially culpable.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: Shouldn't Jesse have a backup of all those posts? You made it quite a while ago...

Last thing we want is all threads and new members that registerd after da thread...deleted. aka...a month or two of stuff deleted!!!!!

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Lunairetic: Slander gets you no where, just proves further you have nothing to quantify your argument.

It is not Fate's job, or anyone else's job for that matter, to preserve your work for you. If it meant that much to you, you should have saved it. But you didn't, so did it really mean that much to you or were you just careless?

It is a moderator's duty to perform decent mod work that people more or less find satisfactory, is it not? It quite obviously isn't entirely LoS's fault, as someone else made the conscious decision based on logic (and bad logic most likely) to mess with his threads. The moderator who did such a thing is at least partially to blame, and if that fails to register to you somehow, you must be an idiot.

QUIT TRYING TO SOUND SMART.

Posted by Lord of Spam

...I hate agreeing with raptor:(

Posted by S

When it comes to preserving your work, no, there is no one to blame but himself. And that's the basis of my arguement. You may be able to dictate the end of an arguement with others, Raptor, especially those of a younger crowd, but projecting that onto me will do you no good. Your comprehension of my original premise is off, and your attempt to close it all with captilized text has failed respectively.

VGChat is not a reliable information data base. When he posted it here, and solely here, he took that risk. Whoever deleted it is at fault on a completely different issue(Assuming that they were wrong, at the time or even now.). It's merely a cop-out and a tool to shift blame onto another person. They are seperate issues.

Quoted post: When it comes to preserving your work, no, there is no one to blame but himself.

Just shut up.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Lunairetic: When it comes to preserving your work, no, there is no one to blame but himself. And that's the basis of my arguement. You may be able to dictate the end of an arguement with others, Raptor, especially those of a younger crowd, but projecting that onto me will do you no good. Your comprehension of my original premise is off, and your attempt to close it all with captilized text has failed respectively.

VGChat is not a reliable information data base. When he posted it here, and solely here, he took that risk. Whoever deleted it is at fault on a completely different issue(Assuming that they were wrong, at the time or even now.). It's merely a cop-out and a tool to shift blame onto another person. They are seperate issues.

Excuse me, sir, do you have any Grey Poupon? I love the way you make your posts three times as long as they need to be by being pompously wordy. Who shoved that cigar up your ass and lit it? You sound like me when I was at my absolute worst.

Anyway, my point is the LoS has every right to complain, not for losing his work per se, but for bad moderating. It appears to me as if that was the issue he was complaining about, not the one you're rambling on about, regarding him supposedly blaming others for not saving his work. I hope you comprehend that premise.

Posted by S

[quote]In otherwords, the story that I wrote out about the best weekend of my life, that I wrote out while it was still fresh since i knew the details would become cloudy, has been ****ing lost forever just because some stupid whore decides that teh limitless storage capacity of the internet is somehow being missused by storing a few megs of ones and zeros.

He has no right to complain about his writing being lost, at all. This is my point. Above is his main arguement, the summation of his complaint. The basic jist of it is not about bad moderation, that is only an added effect. The bold is what he is complaining about, or at least that's how he said it.

And besides that, you can make fun of me all you want for the way I write all you want. Fortunately for me, the world isn't under your control and you can only make flawed, obviously biased judgements based on me and it still won't make you correct. Do you understand the concept of projection? Because that's obviously what you're doing, if you're contrasting me to you.

Let me ask you this though, how would you like me to talk? You want me to be chum-chum with you? Buddies? Best friends for life? Honestly, people need to get it through their thick skulls that not everyone is the same. Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not E-thug, I'm not an Emo/goth kid that slits his wrists, and I'm not someone who condones idiocy. You want me to be an ******* because people don't understand and they're "idiots" because they don't understand your frame of reference, which you horribly fail at conveying to them?

Grow up.

Vamp: Go to page two. Look at my last post regarding you. Then, hit CTRL+A and read my little message left for you a few hours ago. That about sums up any comments you will ever make if they lack any sense of intellect.

Quoted post: Vamp: Go to page two. Look at my last post regarding you. Then, hit CTRL+A and read my little message left for you a few hours ago. That about sums up any comments you will ever make if they lack any sense of intellect.

Why the hell should I put any thought behind my posts when it's about something I care dick-all about? LoS has just as much right to complain as you do to make long-winded posts no one gives a **** about.

Posted by S

[quote]I care dick-all about?
Contradictions are fun. Then why are you posting here if you have nothing to gain what-so-ever?

Quoted post: Contradictions are fun. Then why are you posting here if you have nothing to gain what-so-ever?

Because I have abolutely nothing better to do with my time. I'm quite capable of tpying words without actually caring or putting any weight behind them. Though, what exactly do you have to gain?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Lunairetic: When it comes to preserving your work, no, there is no one to blame but himself. And that's the basis of my arguement. You may be able to dictate the end of an arguement with others, Raptor, especially those of a younger crowd, but projecting that onto me will do you no good. Your comprehension of my original premise is off, and your attempt to close it all with captilized text has failed respectively.

How's life, Sean?

Posted by S

No one does anything for lack of personal gain, even if it is pleasure recieved through watching others be happy. There is still pleasure gained.

I personally feel better when people are forced to think for themselves, or against their typical line of thought. That's my reason.

Don't know how Sean's life is actually, he bailed on an obligation awhile ago and haven't seen him in a while now.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Lunairetic: No one does anything for lack of personal gain, even if it is pleasure recieved through watching others be happy. There is still pleasure gained.

I personally feel better when people are forced to think for themselves, or against their typical line of thought. That's my reason.

Don't know how Sean's life is actually, he bailed on an obligation awhile ago and haven't seen him in a while now.

I'm sure fourth-grade philosophy class is fun and all, but since LoS is pretty ****ed off about losing posts right now, you can take your lame, childish rhetoric and shove it.

Posted by S

It's hilarious how people get defensive the moment someone says anything intellectual at all. Vultures, I tell you, vultures.

C'est la vie, no?

Klarth, when your balls drop, give me a PM. Maybe you'll be worth my time. Until then, unless someone has something worth my time, I'm out of here. Out of all of you though, I only think Raptor would come close.

Oh man, this **** is hilarious. There's nothing intelligent in what you're saying. You're simply being a jac[COLOR="White"]ka[/COLOR]ss. Quite the source of entertainment however. Very cute.

Posted by Klarth

Wait, so you're equating yourself with someone like Raptor? Sorry, but you're sadly deluded. You're on the level of - if below - Sean the Dark Angsty Ninja, and I'm pretty sure you're the sort of person to repeatedly lose a battle of wits against particularly dull piece of granite.

As for "being defensive", I'm merely stating that you're several miles away from the point of this thread, and you're drifting further every second. Give the **** up, kid. Nobody thinks you're intellectually superior or amazingly intelligent just because you can come up with pseudo-profundities in a situation which doesn't warrant them.

Suck my cock.

Posted by Hyper

wtf, lunair isn't and has never been sean :(

also, locked. this is getting stupid.