Re: Lets talk launch

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: Monkey Ball is very overrated.

Monkies can never be overrated. GTFO Nazi.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

No such word as monkies; you fail.

Posted by Speedfreak

No such thing as a being in possession of a soul hating Super Monkey Ball.

Or at least someone with friends.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: No such word as monkies; you fail.

For words ending in 'y', isnt it dropped for 'ies' for plural? Like babies.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]A. Souls are as real as Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny.

B. Monkey's Balls is fun for a quick play. But after 11 minutes and 38 seconds, you start wondering what's on T.V.

If you don't like Chrono Cross you just flat out don't like video games. LOL, two can play that game.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=yellow]A. Souls are as real as Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny.

B. Monkey's Balls is fun for a quick play. But after 11 minutes and 38 seconds, you start wondering what's on T.V.

If you don't like Chrono Cross you just flat out don't like video games. LOL, two can play that game.[/COLOR]

Monkey Ball - accessible multi and single player fun.

Chrono Cross - inaccessible hardcore RPG with tons of FMV.

Seriously though, maybe you're just not used to the concept of playing videogames with your friends because of PlayStation :cool:

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I play Smash Bros with my friends all the time, i'm the Smash Bros master. That's what i call real multi and single player fun. Monkey's Balls is overrated/mediocre monkey poo.[/COLOR]

Quoting Bebop: For words ending in 'y', isnt it dropped for 'ies' for plural? Like babies.

Monkey is a special case. I'm not even sure that's a proper rule.

Posted by Speedfreak

If you applied the rule to "monkey" you'd get "monkeies". Monkey is an exception, along with "donkey" and "honkey".

Posted by Hyper

Jeez, making me do work.

Posted by s0ul

You've got to be trying to hate Monkey Ball if you don't like it. The game's so fun that it's not even subjective. You have to like it or you are Hitler.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bebop: For words ending in 'y', isnt it dropped for 'ies' for plural? Like babies.

That's unless it's "ey", meaning you just add an "s" to it.

Posted by Bebop

I don't see how it's overrated. Unlike Halo their aren't cults saying it's one of humans greatest creations. In all honesty the only person I've heard call Monkey Ball something higher than I think is Soul.

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, it's a good game and I thought most people didn't like it :(

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Bebop: I don't see how it's overrated. Unlike Halo their aren't cults saying it's one of humans greatest creations. In all honesty the only person I've heard call Monkey Ball something higher than I think is Soul.

I thought it was pretty apparent that I was exaggerating when I said people who didn't like it raped children and were Hitler, and that I was going to viciously rape anyone who isn't a fan. :cool2:

In all honesty, I can't imagine what there is not to like about it.

Posted by Ant

I've...never played the game. It never seemed all that amazing. :/

Posted by Hyper

It isn't amazing, but it sure is fun.

Posted by Kit

I found it loveable, I enjoyed playing multiplayer racing.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting s0ul: I thought it was pretty apparent that I was exaggerating when I said people who didn't like it raped children and were Hitler, and that I was going to viciously rape anyone who isn't a fan. :cool2:
Still though, my points stands that you're the only person I've heard have a much higher thought opinion of MB than I. Even if you were joking. :p

[quote]In all honesty, I can't imagine what there is not to like about it.

I felt the 2nd one relied too much on gimmicky obstacles, like jumps and ramps and all sorts, rather than the 1st which used creative map design more. Plus I felt adding a story to it took away alot of the bizzareness. Like, what the hell is going on?

MB:BB seems to focus on map layout more than obstacles which is something I prefer. Also, some of the muli games were crap. There were great ones like Monkey Target and golf but then there were some naffy poo poo games like 'shooting' or whatever. Also it could be incredibly frustrating to play. Aside from these negative things I still feel it's a great title and defiently doesnt deserve an 'overrated' sticker.

Posted by s0ul

I was exaggerating but I honestly would put it in my 5 favorite games ever. It's very easily accessible but is still one of the hardest games I've ever played, and it takes hours and hours to get old. It's such simple fun I can't imagine not liking it.

Posted by Linko_16

Monkey Ball is actually quite underrated, if you ask me. Sure, it got kind of old for me, but it was a GREAT game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's overrated on this board, apparently. I've had some fun with it at a friends, but I'd never spend money on any of the games.

Posted by Bebop

It's one of the few puzzle games I enjoy. And who buys Moneky Ball for the multi? I thought it was a game where the single player mode dominated.

I'm going to have to dig out Adventure and see what's so fun about it. You will rue this day.

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble > Monkey Ball

Posted by GameMiestro

The game is very frusterating, to say the least. The fact that you can play the entire thing from start to finish in less than an hour makes this game seem like a one trick pony, and the whole "tilting the screen" aspect just never felt that polished.

[quote][FONT=Book Antiqua] Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble > Monkey Ball

Marble Madness > Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
[/FONT]

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Wings: I'm going to have to dig out Adventure and see what's so fun about it. You will rue this day.

Adventure isn't a real Monkey Ball game and you **** well know it.

[quote]The game is very frusterating, to say the least. The fact that you can play the entire thing from start to finish in less than an hour makes this game seem like a one trick pony, and the whole "tilting the screen" aspect just never felt that polished.

Wow, way to prove you never actually played it. You can't even beat story mode in less than 2 hours, and that's a fraction of the amount of levels in the game.

It's a ******* remake of the first one with bits tacked on.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=s0ul]Wow, way to prove you never actually played it. You can't even beat story mode in less than 2 hours, and that's a fraction of the amount of levels in the game.

I've played Super Monkey Ball, and I can indeed beat Basic, Advanced and Expert mode in less than an hour. As can many others.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Wings: It's a ******* remake of the first one with bits tacked on.

It's an adventure game!

[quote]I've played Super Monkey Ball, and I can indeed beat Basic, Advanced and Expert mode in less than an hour. As can many others.

Lies. There's like 120 levels.

He's just that good at Monkey Balling. Insane!

Posted by s0ul

Unless he's really bad and ends up using continues (hence, not getting extra stages) he'd have to do about 120 levels in 60 minutes. That's 30 seconds a level if he does them all first try, and there are a TON that are pretty much physically impossible to do first try.

Good try, gtfo. You're not going to convince me because it's scarcely mathematically impossible without astronomical luck. If you are actually trying to convince me you can beat Master Extra with the time bonus on every level without repeating any of them once, then congratu-****ing-lations: you're a liar.

p.s. this is not for vampiro ;)
p.p.s! don't bother coming up with a snappy "i didn't mention master or extra stages" because if you are actually beating these this fast then you're not dying and therefor not using continues, which means you get extra stages. Even if you're talking the first one it's still insanely unlikely that you can do that, and does not reflect the length of the games in the series as a whole
p.p.p.s. you have failed

Quoting s0ul: It's an adventure game!

From what I've played of it, the levels are exactly the same as the first one. I may only have been playing the Classic mode, though, and I can't ven remember if it HAS that.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: It's a ******* remake of the first one with bits tacked on.

I read 'bits' as 'tits' and got this image of monkeys rolling around inside boobies. I loled.