Scary Moments

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I wanna hear people's real life scary stories about anything. Even if it's about stuff you don't believe in like UFO's, ghosts, apparitions, whatever. I don't believe in any of that, but they can still scare me so if it scared the crap out of you, post about it.

I remember more than 10 years ago when i was still living in Peru, i was alone in the house since everyone had gone out. I went outside to a nearby store to buy something so i locked all the doors of the house. When i was coming back from the store, i looked at the window from the main room on the 2nd floor and noticed a dark figure walking around the room and looking out the window every once in a while. I wasn't looking from too far away, so if it was a person inside my house i would have noticed it's face. But all i saw was a dark figure, it didn't even have facial features. I didn't go inside the house until my dad came back like an hour later. All the doors were still locked like i left them and there was no sign of breaking and entering. I was terrified of anything ghost-related after that and i never stayed alone in that house again.

I'm sure i've had more scary experiences like that which i can't remember right now.[/COLOR]

Posted by Ayu

Well, a few years ago, I became ill from the flu, or something, and had to stay home by myself. I had just taken some medicine, so I was drowsy and really out of it, so I went to bed. I kept waking up to hear small creaking noises all through out my house but I thought I was hallucinating, so I forced myself to sleep. After awhile though, the noises got louder, so I got up to look around. I searched my house to find the source of the noise, but I couldn't find it. I went back to bed, and when I did I felt someone touch my shoulder.
Shocked I flipped over to see my grandmother. The only weird part about it, though, was the fact that my grandma had past away three years ago. She told me at this moment, "Everything will be ok." After having the **** scared out of me, I jumped up and ran out of the house. I refused to go back until my friend came over, and when she did there was no trace of anyone being there, but me. Still, a little scared I stayed at my friends, and the next day I was fine. It was like I had never been sick.

I know, it seems far fetched, and I might have been hallucinating, but it's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me.

Posted by Klarth

I was nine, and I had one hell of a fever. I had a bizarre, horrifying nightmare - I was in an art gallery, and the people in the paintings were watching me and slowly deforming. One screamed at me, and I woke up. I stumbled down the hallway to get a glass of water, and started to hallucinate. A huge chasm opened up in the floor, and I was deathly afraid of stepping over it. Eventually it spread and I was up against the wall on the last remaining piece of floorboard - I screamed and my mother dashed out of her room and she was all like "what the hell are you doing?". I was grounded for a few days for waking her up.

Posted by NEMI

I remembered one night a couple of years ago when I was in the kitchen drinking water 'cause I had hiccups (I was drinking the water heads down) when suddenly I saw a blueish shadow go from my mom's room to mine, I freaked out. My mom was in the kitchen with me, I looked at her, but she didn't said anything a couple of seconds after she looked at me and whispered:"I saw it too." My heart and my blood froze to death.

I also remembered one night that I was talking with my boyfriend on the phone when suddenly I felt that something touched my head, I got scared but I tried not to think about it. A couple of days later, I was with my grandma and I told her what happened to me that night and she told me this : "Nemesis, do you know who used to do that? your uncle. And my uncle died in the year 2000. Scary, huh?

I wish I could keep talking about my other experiences and my boyfriend's experiences but, I'll never finish.

Posted by Linkman

I can recall long ago, when I was in 1st grade (1992-1993), there was this girl named Megan in my class that I really liked. Specific details are hazy because it was so long ago, but I do recall that she didn't like me too much. The next year (2nd grade), there was no sign of her, not in my class, never at recess, lunch, etc.. Being still very young, I didn't think too much of it.

A couple of years later (4th or 5th grade), I had long since forgotten about her. At the beginning of recess, we had to all run 2 laps around a soccer field before we could go play. Considering it was the whole grade running at once (like 80-90 kids), you rarely ever ended up in a gap where there were no other kids around you. Somehow, though, I did. There was probably about 30 feet of clearance between me and the kids in front of me, I stopped to look over my shoulder to see if my friend was behind me. After I turned back around I noticed out of the corner of my eye a little girl standing in a softball field at the bottom of a hill near the soccer field. I stared at her for a second, knowing she looked very familiar. I remembered her being the girl I liked from 1st grade. She looked exactly the same, like she hadn't gotten any older. After staring for maybe 3 seconds my friend came up behind me, and said, "what are you doing?" Already stunned, I turned around really fast, and said, "waiting for you." We both started running again. I glanced out the corner of my eye at the Softball field, and the girl was gone.

Ever since then, I've never been able to forget it. What's even more creepy is as I'm typing this, my Winamp (on random, on a list of about 1250 songs), starts playing Nightwish - Ghost Love Score.

Posted by WackoHater2

I have four stories. I don't think that they are better than anyone elses though. Anyway, here they are.

One day, I decided to skip school. I got my mom to let me stay home by saying that I was sick, and begging until she finally got tired of hearing me and just agreed to let me stay home. She went to work a little while later and I was home alone. It wasn't the first time, and I thought nothing of it. About noon, I heard something in my room. I went to see what it was. My TV was on. I turned it off and thought nothing of it. It was an old TV, and I figured it just spazzed or something. A while after that, I came out from the bathroom and the kitchen sink was on. I turned it off, and I was getting a bit freaked out. So I went to sit outside. I didn't got back into the house until my mom got home. When I went in everything was fine. Just like I left it. I don't know what it was, but that freaked me out. That house always had a really creepy feeling to it.

These next two stories are more or less about my sister. I was involved in one of them though.

One day, my grandmother, my sister and I were sitting on the couch in the living room. My sister said to my grandmother "can you tell that man to leave?" and my grandmother said "what man?" my sister said "The man standing behind the TV" and my grandmother was like "Alright... whoever is standing there, can you please leave?" A few minutes later my grandmother asked my sister "Did he leave?" and my sister responded "He is still standing on the steps."

My great grandmother died when my sister was only two. My sister had never really met her. My sister used to take showers with my mother when she was younger. A few times, my sister would have these conversations with herself in the shower. One day, my mom said "Who are you talking to?" and my sister said "grandmom."

This next one isn't really a ghost story or anything, but it scared me.

I had rode my bike to the park to see if anyone I knew was hanging out there. I was riding and I saw someone I knew. He said "David, come here!" so I went over. He was a friend, so I thought nothing of it. When I got there though, there were a few of my friends and a bunch of guys I didn't like. There was also a duffle bag, some boxing gloves, and a video camera. The one dude that I didn't like said "You wanna make some money?" and I said "No, not really" and he said "Come on man. All you gotta do is go a few rounds with me. Win or lose you get the money" and I still said "No." While he was distracting me, another kid I didn't like crept around my other side, and said my name. When I looked, he punched me in the face with a boxing glove on. The kid was week, plus he had the glove on, so it didn't hurt at all. I tried to ride away, but the kid that was talking to me grabbed my handlebars to stop me. I said "Can I please just go home? I don't wanna fight" so he let me go. I was so scared I was gonna be beat up by all of them and left there. It was getting dark so no one would have found me, and I would have probably regained conciousness in the middle of the night, not knowing where I was.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I jumped out of a truck once. **** near killed myself. that was pretty scary.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Once, I was in my house in Edmonton. And no one was home. It was about 11:00 PM. So I was on the computer and suddenly I hear this loud *** bang from the garage. Then I hear this bang again from the deck. I freaked out and hid under my bed with my pellet gun for an hour and a half. I still don't know what that was.

Posted by Delilah

Two and a half years ago, when an f-5 tornado (it was f-4, but only one MPH below f-5) destroyed my town. There's just something bout clinging to the railing on your basement staircase so you don't get sucked into your death that really scares the **** out of you.

**Edit**
And, years ago, when I read in a book that a house I had previously lived in was haunted. It was big, old, and aver creepy house. My friend had told me about the myth, before, but I did not believe him. One thanksgiving, in the house, I was helping cook when I smelled blueberries. But there were no blueberries in any of the dishes. Later, I read in the book, that when the 'ghost' of the house is near, blueberries and/or grapes can be smelled.
I know that sounds utterly INSANE, but it scared me so much. I moved away from the house, before I read this, but I still get goosebumps whenever I pass by it.

:bounce:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Nothing says "wow this is scary" like knowing that 1)you're already a pint of blood short due to medical tests 2)you've lost enough blood to completely coat your face and soak an entire tshirt and 3)you're going to have to pay for your own hospitalization

Quoting Killer Jordo: Once, I was in my house in Edmonton. And no one was home. It was about 11:00 PM. So I was on the computer and suddenly I hear this loud *** bang from the garage. Then I hear this bang again from the deck. I freaked out and hid under my bed with my pellet gun for an hour and a half. I still don't know what that was.

it was probably just a raccoon, you stupid ****.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I've never seen a racoon around my house ever. It might of been. But maybe not.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OOOOOOOOOOO SPOOKY NOISE HEY LETS GO HIDE UNDER A BED

Seriously, how is it that you wonder why people called bs when you said you were in a fight that left someone with a cracked rib?

Posted by billards

Probably the scariest for me was when I fell of a car doin about 15-20 mph. That effin hurt like a *****. Ant was driving, Corrup was in the backseat. Phantom, The Judge, Darksong where all sitting on the trunk and I fell off. That was a ****ty weekend my friends.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, mine was like that. only I did it intentionally, and landed on my head (nto intentional).

Posted by mis0

One time about two years ago, a few friends of mine wanted to go wander around in the open, undeveloped desrt behind my house. Besides a few roads, many unpaved, there were litterally miles and miles of empty land there. I lived on the very edge of town. So, we set off on bikes at about 1:00 am or so into the darkness, with nothing more than the light of two cellphones and the half-moon. We ditched the bikes in a pinon-tree once it was too hard to ride. It was an eerie illumination out there, walking down in the car-tracks the made "paths". It was very quiet that night, but the air was so alive. Anyway, one friend decided it would be fun to tell some ghost stories, so we did for awhile, and it really got my other friend shaken up. In fact, he started acting very strange, looking over his shoulder, and looking as though he was excessively cold. As we neared the top of a pretty steep hill, near where we left the bikes, he just bolted full-speed without a word down the hill, tripping and rolling. My other friend grabbed onto me in terror, and I carefully followed the rolling friend to where he was now scrabling to get on a bike. I asked him what was wrong, and he looked at me, eyes full of tears. I thought he had hit a cactus on the way down, but he just looked as though I wasn't even there, and said with a trembling voice, "the children. The children are watching us." I was mildly alarmed by this, because he seemed totally serious. We got on the bikes, and ride towards a well-lit subdivision, putting distance between us and "the children". We stopped under a streetlight at a middle school, and sat under a bench. The friend wasn't hurt, but could barely move as he was so terrified. A few minutes later, he looked up and said one had "followed us". Then, something I will never forget him saying is "he touched you" to me, and before he even started saying it, I felt the coldest feeling of terror and hopelessness ever. We gathered the bikes, and made for home quickly. I've never been so freaked out in my life.

Second to that, I was in a car that did a 180 and smashed through some cacti and eventually hit a wall, and almost flipped. Even though I had my seatbelt on, I was nearly ejected from the car, and also almost hit by cacti as they reached in through the windows (they are quite large here). I wasn't driving, it was my very, very stupid friend. We were going 50+mph at the time of impact. I've got the whiplash to prove it. :(

Posted by NEMI

Wow and I thought mine were scary!!!!

Posted by Phantasma2

@ Miso:
Listening to A Memorable Fancy Plates 6-7 from Ulver while reading that is **** win. FIRES OF HELL FIRES OF HELL. But yeah, that **** is ****ing scary.

As for me, when I was little, there was this window. I heard different voices calling me from that same window, and I could feel heat, like body heat when I got close to that window.

Another one, but it didn't happen to me.
My neighbour went to race with his friends, he got home at 2am and he has to go to the back of his house to then get up the stairs to reach the second floor.

While he was going up the stairs, he heard a noise and it paralized him. He looked back and saw this white dressed old woman, he took out his switch blade but when he looked again there was nothing, he went to sleep and kept hearing noises.

At the next day he told me about it, then we went to ask his grandfather who lived before them.(he has like 85-90 years) And he said that some nun's lived before them. And so we solved a mistery.

Posted by GameMiestro

I really don't get scared that often, but one thing I do remember was when I was about 5 and my dad let me mess around with his car (that's a cool thing to do if you're 5). It was parked on the top of a steep hill, and my dad was busy mowing the lawn in the back yard. I was under the impression that I could do anything with the car- so I just started randomly hitting buttons and turning knobs. Eventually, I started messing with the stickshift, and the car actually started to roll down the hill. I looked behind me and realized the car was going to smash into the garage. Not knowing what else to do, I quickly slid down the seat (literally) and slammed on the break.

The car stopped about a foot from the garage. It doesn't seem like much, but it scared the hell out of me at the time.

Posted by Malevolence

About 4 years ago, I was playing Diablo 2. It was pretty late, maybe 2-4 in the morning, and I was just doing nothing really in it. I went to go in my kitchen to get a drink, and my computer was pretty close to the kitchen, bout 5 feet. I got up paced quickly only to get terrorified by seeing a dark figure in front of me. Sounds surreal, but I could see its outline. It looked so defined, and It terrified me. I ran out as soon as a I saw it to my living room, where the stairs were to the upper level of the house. I started to call for my mom, because I needed someone to comfort me, anyone could.

Posted by Aeshataro

neh. well, this one isn't scary enough to give you goosbumps but when you think about how it might have felt then...well, I think you get the idea.

See, it was late out and i was hanging out with my friends near this park. Then my friend J had this notion to play hide-and-go-seek, just like we used to do when we were little. So we all agreed and started running around and hiding. Me and my friend Angie were together and we were sneaking down the sidewalk to a big clump of bushes that looked large enough to hide behind. So when we neared it we saw a shadow approaching us from the opposite side and we were like "Hey, is that you, J? No fair! You didn't even shout Ready or Not!"

But the shadow didn't answer. Instead it just kept walking towards us. At first me and Angie thought it was just Angie's brother trying to freak us out, so we were like "Stop messing around Tommy. Go find somewhere else to hide."
And then the shadow said "Sorry, guys. Hey, can you come here for a sec? I've got something to tell you." And then we saw it was holding something shiny and thin in one hand. It might have been a knife,it might have been a set of keys, but whatever it was it was enough to tell us that that shadow wasn't our friend. As the person started walking closer me and Angie got scared so we ran in the opposite direction and the shadow started giving chase. About 5 minutes later we met up with Angie's brother and J and we were all disheveled and hysterical. We told them that someone weird was following us and that they had a knife and stuff. We looked around but it was too dark to really see anything even with the street lamps. so that meant that guy could have been anywhere, watching us or something. Then we heard some rustling noises and that scared the **** out of us and we all ran to J's house, which was the closest, and locked ourselves in for the rest of the night.

Haha. I was pretty much paranoid for about a week.

Posted by Fate

I don't think I've been scared to the point of remembering it, but blame that on my lack of the ability not to remember important events.

To this day, I freak out when all the lights are off. I swear I see something in the shadows. I don't know why I'm afraid of the dark.

aaaaaaa
:(

Posted by TendoAddict

I remember when I was 8-9 being in the backyard. I was fooling around on the swing set and then seeing some thing odd neer the front corner of the grade.

I walked over and stood over it. I swear I saw what looked like a Oil stain ( you know after a rain where it gets a but rainbow like) only it was moving like a amoeba. Cept it was dry as a bone that day and no one had parked in the back for a fresh oil stain.

Suddenly (atleast in my mind) the thing started chasing me. I ran and yelled in a humorous fashion (if you were to see me, I was scared ****-less). I quicky ran inside and locked the door.

Its sound corny and made up but it honestly happened, atleast in my mind.

Posted by Hyper

I used to have dreams about driving vehicles and not being able to control them. I'd be in my grandfather's old truck (sold it years ago) and I'd be going downhill, unable to apply the brakes and barely managing to make turns properly. So, the first time I had to drive downhill on a highway in real life, I was pretty freaked out mentally when I got to turns. Up until that point I thought they'd be extremely difficult. Good thing I was able to stay calm enough to drive though.

Not all that scary, I guess. I can't think of anything else really.

Posted by NEMI

My boyfriend had some weird experiences. When he's in his room somebody knocks his door, and when he goes to check who it was, there's no one there. He is a security guard in some park that has museums, a zoo and a planetarium and he has seen and experienced some creepy ****.He was on his shift one night and suddenly another guard from "another" company came and started talking to him.This guard spend almost all night with my bf (his shift is from 11:00 pm-7:00am)That same day, in the morning, my bf talked with other guard about this other "guard" and the guard said, "what guard?" my bf told him the whole thing. There wasn't any guard of other company there....actually that guard was a guard in a shopping center that is near of this park that actually died from a shot while he was pursuing some bandit (who died too and it has been seen in the park too along two other ghosts)My bf has seen them all.Pretty **** scary and he still working there.*Sigh* He sure has guts.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]One day, 4 months ago i slept late because i didn't have to go to work that day. It was 2:00 pm and i had already woken up but i was still laying on the bed with my face on a pillow, too lazy to get up. I have 2 dogs and they were laying next to my bed. Out of nowhere i heard a strange voice yelling my name, but the voice sounded like it was really close to my ear. I would've thought that it was just my imagination (since it's normal for stuff like this to happen) if it wasn't for my dogs who started barking like crazy, which means they heard the voice too. And the scariest part was that they weren't barking at the window or front door like they normally do, they were barking straight at the corner in my room where the wall meets the ceiling. So i could tell that whatever they were barking on they could see it! They hadn't done anything like that before and haven't since.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Not much but the first thing that came into my head.

It was late in the evening and I was in this pub slash discoteque amd this guy dropped his drink and blamed it on me. It said I bumped into him when I was dancing but I was actually talking to my friend. The guy was small, Irish, covered in tatoos and completely drunk. I heard stories about him hitting his girlfriend and getting arrested so this guy wasnt shy to violence. I was in underage at the time and at the fear or getting kicked out literally by the biker bouncers and getting stabbed by some pyscho I took the cowards way out and was down 1.60 that evening.

Posted by Noir

I remember I was visiting the Gorée Islands (where they used to take slaves before shipping them off to other countries), and I took several pictures of my cousin in this one chamber that didnt even look big enough to support one person. When I saw the pictures, a few of them had this glowing white streak through them. It looked almost metallic. At first I thought it was perhaps a bike handle, untill I realised there wasnt a bike in the way when I had taken it.
Freaked me out just a bit.

Posted by Slade

Last time I was scared was when an earthquake hit here. The only reason it scared me is because I had no clue what it was. I was sitting right here at the computer at about midnight when I heard this far off rumbling. I thought, "Huh, must be a big plane flying kind of low," but then a few shockwaves swept through my house. That was pretty scary, but it was a lot worse the second time because as soon as I could hear the rumbling I started listening really closely to see if I could hear it getting louder. Because I was paying so much attention to it, when the house started shuddering again I was pretty freaked out.

So the fact that I was really confused about what it was scared me ****less for a little bit until I realized, "Oh, it was an earthquake, and it's done now."

Note: We get about one good-sized earthquake every three years or so here.