HELP

Posted by muffla

Ok so I have a ps2 that I bought off of ebay, its garenteed to work, blah,blah,blah. anyways whenevery i put a cd in (silverback or mini) i get an error that sais "please insert your playstation or playstaion 2 format disk" so i called up gamestop and they said there was not such thing. If your gettin that message your lens is probloby broken. However when I went to my friends house last night he said that he had one, had the same proble, and fixed it (then he lost the disk :( )

can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Posted by Knight_Blazer

I've never heard of a PS2 format disk, but I had a problem like that before. Before I give any advice I need to know if you have one the old fat PS2s or a new thin one?

Posted by Vg200x

well what game are you putting in? did ya ever see if it had scratches on the cd or the lens.. and clean the thig out or just try puting in music,dvd's and games if it still doing I would send it back with a bag of poo .

Posted by Last Fog

What do you mean they said "there is not such a thing"? A PS or PS2 format disc? Its just what it sounds like. I got that message when I tried playing a burned DVD. When you put a damaged disc it just says "disc read error". So it sounds like you used an unreadable format, which isnt the case. If they said the lens is broken then they owe you an exchange, simple as that.

Posted by Knight_Blazer

If it's a think PS2 you need to just take off the top cover and use a cold air spray can to blow out all the dust. That happened to me before and it started working after a good cleaning.

Posted by .batata

i don't know
but i remember when my ps2 tell INSERT PS2 DISK not fourmat disk.......