New iPods!

Posted by Klarth

There's a new (****ing tiny!) iPod shuffle...

And a newly-styled iPod Nano. The new Nanos are near-identical to the Mini, and you can now get them in capacities up to 8GB.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/8GBipodnano.JPG[/img]

Also, the standard video-playback iPod is now available in an 80GB capacity. The 30GB model's price has been dropped to $249.

Time to finally adopt one.

Posted by Aeshataro

would someone mind lending me some money to buy one? a few hundred will be perfect, thank you very much :)

Posted by Klarth

No.

Posted by higbvuyb

The nanos are designed and shaped the same as minis, except they're about the same size as the original nano.

The only new feature is that there's a volume limit feature, which lets you set a maximum volume, so you cant set the volume any higher. You can also set a code to lock this feature, so if your friend gets their hand on your ipod, sets the maximum volume to zero, and sets a code, you're ****ed.

This feature is also availible as a firmware update to owners of older ipods.

And they all have far longer batter life, the nano has been upped from 12 hours to 24 hours.

Posted by muffla

Whats up with the new shuggle? It looks like they took the old shuffle, and folded it in half

Posted by Klarth

So, I just got back from town. I padded around in Dixons - They had one of the new black Nanos on display. It's got the brushed aluminium look, but it isn't anywhere near as shiny or glossy as the surface of the silver/coloured models. Very nice.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I figure about eight months after these launch, a 100 GB version is going to hit the shelves. So I'll probably wait until then to buy a new one (lawd knows I need that much music on me at any given time.) Plus, there will be more improvements I'm sure.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm not much into iPods. I don't want to deal with iTunes. About how many songs would a 100GB memory hold though?

Quoted post: About how many songs would a 100GB memory hold though?

I have 97.51 GB of music, which is about 14,000 songs.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I want an iPod to come out with a hi-res camera phone it it. That would be a convienence.

Posted by WackoHater2

Pretty awesome. I have 512 MB, which is about 130 songs. I really want more room, but I gotta save up some money. Is there anyway to convert .mp3 or .wma files to go onto iTunes? I'll buy an iPod then.

Quoted post: I want an iPod to come out with a hi-res camera phone it it. That would be a convienence.

So you want an itunes compatible cell phone?

Quoted post: Is there anyway to convert .mpc or .wma files to go onto iTunes? I'll buy an iPod then.

Drop the files into iTunes and it'll automatically convert. Though, you don't even need iTunes. You can use winamp or pretty much anything.

Posted by WackoHater2

They have those, don't they? I think I saw one advertising Taking Back Sunday the other day.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Vampiro: So you want an itunes compatible cell phone?

Not really into the whole cell phone part right now. But if you said that in about a year I'd be like yeah. I don't care much for cell's at the moment. However when I get a job I may get one. But then again I could buy an MP3 phone. But they cost alot. No doubt the iPod phone would cost more.

Quoted post: No doubt the iPod phone would cost more.

... an "iPod phone" is a phone that's iTunes compatible. That's the whole point of phones with iTunes in it.

Posted by Arcadios

I had a bad exprience with the iPod.
Most overrated mp3 player, I say.
iTunes were so slow compared to the Toshiba Gigabeat and the Creative Zen.

Quoted post: Most overrated mp3 player, I say.

No, really? You can get bigger hard drives and many more features from other companies, but no one cares. I'd rather have the touch-wheel for 400 bucks than an FM player for $250

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Klarth: There's a new (****ing tiny!) iPod shuffle...

And a newly-styled iPod Nano. The new Nanos are near-identical to the Mini, and you can now get them in capacities up to 8GB.

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/8GBipodnano.JPG[/img]

Also, the standard video-playback iPod is now available in an 80GB capacity. The 30GB model's price has been dropped to $249.

Time to finally adopt one.

Did anyone but me notice how crooked the guys pointer finger is int he first picture?

Does anyone really care?

Posted by WackoHater2

Probably not. I was just pointing something out is all.

Posted by Apathetic

Ack whens here going to be a new model of the big ones?

Posted by higbvuyb

The good thing about the old shuffle was that you coudl jsut plug it in anywhere, without having to bring a cable, etc. I'v ratehr have a shuffle a few centimetres longer with , say, a slide-out usb plug (not one with a cap) for convenience, like my USB flash drive:
to

Quoted post: Ack whens here going to be a new model of the big ones?

in about eight months or so when the 6G lineup comes out.

Posted by Apathetic

So wait for that I assume? Man thats way to long >.<

I know eh? A WHOLE eight months. But it's better to wait for a decent improvement rather than "oh hey, games and 80 gigs yay"

Posted by Apathetic

Yeah, well have any idea what will happen to them?

no clue. Probably 100 gigs, better support for games, maybe widescreen (i think.) Other minor improvements, slimmer, smaller maybe. Not sure.

Posted by Klarth

I initially asked for one for my birthday in 2003. Right now I'm seriously glad for having a deadbeat dad, actually, because I'd still be using a 2G to this day otherwise :(

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Panic: Did anyone but me notice how crooked the guys pointer finger is int he first picture?

No, I didn't notice. I guess I don't pay much attention to such insignificant, trivial little things that are a complete waste of time to even point out!

My 40 GB iPod is starting to crap out, but I don't intend to get another iPod. I've grown tired of all the hullabaloo surrounding iPods in general, and my next player will more likely than not be of a different brand.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Vampiro: no clue. Probably 100 gigs, better support for games, maybe widescreen (i think.) Other minor improvements, slimmer, smaller maybe. Not sure.

Well I cant wait for some news :)

Quoted post: I've grown tired of all the hullabaloo surrounding iPods in general, and my next player will more likely than not be of a different brand.

I've noticed the "OMG IPOD" craze dying down now that other brands have "established" themselves more within the market. Though it still kind of irks me when people say "turn off that iPod" when it's a walkman or something.

Posted by Apathetic

Really, Ive never heard someone mistake it yet lol.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Raptor]My 40 GB iPod is starting to crap out, but I don't intend to get another iPod. I've grown tired of all the hullabaloo surrounding iPods in general, and my next player will more likely than not be of a different brand.
Had problems with it? From what I've heard of the old ones they do tend to fizzle and die unexpectedly, which is never nice, but eh. I recommend going for a Creative-brand player; I'd say they're easily the best competitor on the market.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro: I've noticed the "OMG IPOD" craze dying down now that other brands have "established" themselves more within the market. Though it still kind of irks me when people say "turn off that iPod" when it's a walkman or something.

Same thing with the "turn off your Xbox" when someone is playing their PS2 or GC.

Yeah...just thought I'd throw that out there.

Posted by Klarth

Hell, I got that one when I was using my PSP on a flight. A ****ING PSP.

:(

Quoted post: Same thing with the "turn off your Xbox" when someone is playing their PS2 or GC.

Remember the good ol' days when everything was either a nintendo or a gameboy?

Posted by Random

iPod shuffles are a waste of time...

ZUNE>IPOD

Posted by Random

ZUNE>IPOD

Posted by G-Sides

i'll buy a new ipod once they come out with a better video or a shuffle with a 30gb capacity :S

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Klarth: Hell, I got that one when I was using my PSP on a flight. A ****ING PSP.

As if an Xbox would even fit in the plane.

Basically, I got an iPod nano because they were the only high-capacity flash players around that I know of at the time (I went for flash, because hard drives can fail more easily if they're not used on a horizontal nonmoving surface, and I'm cheap), and the click wheel is a good control method.

I'll buy the best 60+ gb flash video + music player when one comes out, which will be in like 3 years.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Klarth: Hell, I got that one when I was using my PSP on a flight. A ****ING PSP.

Haha, I hope I get that on a plane flight.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Klarth: Had problems with it? From what I've heard of the old ones they do tend to fizzle and die unexpectedly, which is never nice, but eh. I recommend going for a Creative-brand player; I'd say they're easily the best competitor on the market.

Yes, and considering some of the wild and rugged outdoor adventures I've taken it on (including my month-long expedition to Canada last year), I'm not surprised it's going screwy. Already, it seems overly large and bulky compared to the newer technologies. Creative was one of the brands I was seriously considering.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Apathetic: Really, Ive never heard someone mistake it yet lol.

Teachers in school consider everything to be either an iPod or a cell phone, mostly because that's all most kids have. My history teacher last year thought the iPod was the first brand to have video capabilities and made a huge speech about how America is getting lazy blah blah blah. He's fresh out of college and 400 pounds. =/

Posted by Apathetic

Lol owned.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Raptor: Creative was one of the brands I was seriously considering.

I would suggest a Creative over an iPod.
My friend has owned a creative for sometime now and it still works well evewn thou it fell alot of times.
It's a very reliable brand.