Terrorism isn't a big threat

Posted by Arwon

I think I've started this thread, or something similar before, but let me put something to you. A few inter-related points:

1 - There's not much risk of being killed.
The actual direct risk of being killed by a terrorist is very low. About on par with dying in the bathtub or falling down the stairs. And of course it's much lower than the risk of dying in a car accident.

2 - Terrorist attacks are easy.
They're easy. Anyone with a slight background in engineering or mechanics or access to the internet could do it. If there were an intelligent and massed enemy they would have hit, and hard. September 11 was done with box-cutters. Two guys in a van with a gun terrorised Washington DC for weeks. Some guy mailed anthrax all over the place and was never caught. Your average place of business, bus, school, etc, is so poorly defended that they're easily attacked by anything from bricks to bombs.

One example: Small explosions at a gas station f*ck sh*t up. It would be ridiculously easy for a disciplined group of, say, 50 people, to organised and carry out hundreds of such attacks. And the resulting panic at the rest, and security panic in general, would cause such widespread disorder that it would bring the US economy into serious crisis.

3 - There are very few terrorists.
As established above, it is not hard to orchestrate a decent terrorist attack. Yet they only strike/get caught very occasionally. This is not due to the governments of the world secretly battling a widespread, strong, nebulous threat. This is due to the fact that there are very few people with the will and capability to organise a terrorist attack. The fact that attacks don't occur more speaks to the fact that there are very few terrorists.

4. Anti-terrorist laws are, through any rational analysis, virtually unnecessary.
Virtually all crackdowns on civil liberties and the legal system in the name of security are byproducts of an unjustified panic and populist governments playing to unfounded fears. Shoot-to-kill policies are insane. Internment without trial is nuts. And the "Persecution of Muslims" component is actually contributing to the fanning of the flames as per 5.

5. The war on terror is creating a threat where not much existed. We're giving the jihadists what they want.
After September 11, it would have been easy to ride the wave of revulsion and, with a little cunning, isolate Bin Laden and his tiny organisation as bloodthirsty lone fanatics. He was already something of an unwelcome guest in Afganistan, after all.

Instead we did his job for him. We panicked and complied with bin Laden's wish for a big ole civilisational war. We declared war on something we called "terrorism" but was easily definable as "Islam" to anyone watching from the outside. We declared a crusade against evil. We restored Taliban credibilty in the Muslim world by making them resistance fighters once more, made Iran a sworn enemy, invaded Iraq, persecuted Muslims across the western world, and backed Israel's invasion of Lebanon. We gave them what they wanted. Suddenly every Muslim discontent could claim al Qaeda as their inspiration, and a pan-national jihadist phenomenon was born.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: 1 - There's not much risk of being killed.
The actual direct risk of being killed by a terrorist is very low. About on par with dying in the bathtub or falling down the stairs. And of course it's much lower than the risk of dying in a car accident

First of all. Speak for yourself.
Second, theres a reason the odds of being killed by a terrorist are so low. And that reason has to do with national security, forien policy and the GWAT.

Quoted post: 2 - Terrorist attacks are easy.
They're easy. Anyone with a slight background in engineering or mechanics or access to the internet could do it. If there were an intelligent and massed enemy they would have hit, and hard. September 11 was done with box-cutters. Two guys in a van with a gun terrorised Washington DC for weeks. Some guy mailed anthrax all over the place and was never caught. Your average place of business, bus, school, etc, is so poorly defended that they're easily attacked by anything from bricks to bombs.

Ok, go build a bomb thats as powerfull as a couple of 155rounds daisy chained together, or a 20lb brick of C4, using only easily rendered supplies and internet instructions. Terrorists have developed a series of advanced training facilities through out the world. It is at these camps the terrorists are taught skills ranging from basic, to advanced in terms of bomb making, and small arms engagement. After these camps indoctrinate them they are pushed down the pipeline and into terrorist cells around the world.
Of course our homeland will appear undefended. Its not the front line of the battlefield.

.... I was gonna keep knocking your points down one after another, but they are redundant, and ignorant. You are making unfounded observations. There is no fact or research in any of your points and quite frankly you are making an idiot of yourself.
... Let me ask you this, what were the odds of the average American civilian being killed by a Nazi during WWII? Just because civilians are not, at this time anyways, likely to be harmed, doesnt mean the enemy isnt out there and wont jump on any slack we give him.

You know nothing of GWAT policy, recent operations, or the centiments of the middle eastern people who have been effected by the GWAT.

You need to rename this thread "I THINK TERRORISTS ARENT A THREAT, HERES WHY BUT PLEASE BE ADVISED THERE IS NO FACT TO SUPPORT ANY OF MY POINTS"

Posted by Arwon

You know, shouting a lot doesn't make you right.

Posted by Arwon

Seriously though, it's not hard to make bombs and stuff. I've got a mate in petroleum engineering, a mate in photovoltaics and another who's in another type of engineering. There's your knowledge. I know two people who work in something vaguely industrial, there's supplies. Gimme a year and I could probably kill several dozen people just with the half dozen of us. More if I get access to some place with a high concentration of people... come to think of it I know someone who works with lighting in the music industry and my flatmate works at a football stadium. Wonder if I could pursuade them to let me kill fans of a band or team they don't like...

And this is assuming we bother with high explosives instead of just trashing a series of gas stations or shooting people or something. What's stopping us? Same thing that stops virtually everyone. No desire to kill people. It's just not on the radar. And the tiny few people who do desire it tend to be dumb as rocks. The point is you don't need big fancy bombs. You can do it with guns, you can do it with knives, you can do it with crude, easily built explosions.

So if there's this big threat, why aren't they killing us with frequency? Why weren't they in the 1990s before the "GWAT" and the invasion of Iraq apparently made us safe? A half-dozen incidents in a decade hardly counts as a real threat.

So why do we need to destroy our civil liberties and persecute people in foreign torture prisons? Why do we need to go destroy tangentially related countries?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=specopssv44]Ok, go build a bomb thats as powerfull as a couple of 155rounds daisy chained together

Petrol is easy to come by and it explodes. A quick search on Google will find you instructions on how to make bombs. It's not rocket science, man. It's really not hard to kill a lot of people if you're willing to sacrifice yourself.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Petrol is easy to come by and it explodes. A quick search on Google will find you instructions on how to make bombs. It's not rocket science, man. It's really not hard to kill a lot of people if you're willing to sacrifice yourself

Of course its easy to kill someone. But do it effiently.

Im just amazed that someone can sit here, and try and say terrorists hardly pose any threats, becuase they seem to think its easy, or even convient to build bombs and kill people.

Quoted post: So if there's this big threat, why aren't they killing us with frequency? Why weren't they in the 1990s before the "GWAT" and the invasion of Iraq apparently made us safe? A half-dozen incidents in a decade hardly counts as a real threat.

Thats because you werent on the reciving end of those incidents. Terroists arent really a threat to Americans because weve tied them up in their own land. Dumbass

Posted by Arwon

But you haven't (Iraq was a terorrist homeland?) and they weren't a serious threat before that either. You didn't actually answer the questions even slightly.

Posted by Fate

I live next door to a kindergarten. It would be ridiculously easy for me to walk in there and stab a couple of kids before I would get caught. Terrorists aren't only in other countries, ***hole.

Posted by Bebop

I'm just going to mince on in hear and make the point that 'terrosism' has certainly been turned into a moral panic by governments.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=specopssv44]Of course its easy to kill someone. But do it effiently.

YOU RECKON WHAT THEY DO IS EFFICIENT!?

Posted by Lord of Spam

most of the "weapons of mass distruction" that we were after (i.e. chemical/biological" are actually pretty inefficient:cookie:

Posted by specopssv44

you guys are seriously ****ing sheltered. It all comes back to the same ****ing thing. A bunch of dumbass kids that assume something doesnt exist because they cant see it, or havent been affected by it.
Are you guys so retarded that you cant realize your government has been sheltering you from terrorists.
Iraq is like a giant fly trap for terrorists. As long as they keep going there to get a pot-shot at some Americans, people Like me will be happy to pump 7.62 rounds into them at the cyclic rate.... alll while people like you sit here and say theres no real threat from terrorists. Go tell that to any familiy members who lost someone in 9/11. Or go tell my buddy jason that his purple heart came from a nonexistant threat.

Posted by Arwon

Iraq is a separate issue. You cannot justifiably claim that the reason there aren't terrorist attacks in the West is because all the "terrorists" are in Iraq. First, there have been--London and Madrid, and those kids in Canada that got arrested. Those guys had nothing to do with Iraq and were essentially "home grown". And most security types would tell you home-grown threats are by far the bigger, allegedly.

What you're saying implies that all the militants in Iraq, if they didn't have people to attack there, would go to the West and kill people, which is absolute fantasy. Invading Iraq was not about fighting terrorists, and it has stirred up a lot of people into taking up arms against an occupying force. Fighting against an occupying force is very very different in these peoples' minds from setting off bombs or otherwise killing random people in western countries.

I'm not saying people aren't going to die in terrorist attacks and that it's a "nonexistant" threat. Of course some people die. But some people get murdered, some die of preventable diseases, some die in cars too. and we don't go all "moral panic" about that. I'm saying that an their infrequency and small scale mean they're not serious threats to society as a whole unless we make them so. I'm saying that our inability to effectively stop them means our sacrifice of civil liberties is unjustified due to the lack of returns on the cost we pay. I'm saying that attacking Middle Eastern countries with a marginal relation to western terrorist attacks does nothing to make us any safer either.

Fundamentally, what keeps us safe is not any "sheltering" from teh gubermint, but the sheer numerical infrequency of committed, dedicated people devoting themselves to blowing us up. It's just something not many people set their minds to.

I'm sorry man, but HUR I'M A MARINE UR ALL DUM is not an effective argument. Hell, lots of people who serve or have served in Iraq would agree with what I'm saying too. Iraq is not making the West safer from terrorists.

Cheap emotional appeals to OMG THE FAMILIES OF S 11 aren't effective either. You don't get a monopoly on invoking their memory to make your arguments, and frankly it's insulting. Sacrificing civil liberties and the persecution of Muslims are not making us safer. Attacking other countries isn't making terrorist attacks less likely.

Posted by higbvuyb

Specopss: National security can't stop some guy from thinking 'I'm going to go out and shoot people because I'm a terrorist', go buy a gun (legally or illegally), and mass-shoot people, and then commit suicide.

National security can't stop someone from grabbing a lighter and a gun, and blowing up their local petrol station.

National security can't stop someone from making a bomb abd blowing it up in a public square.

In any of these scenarios, there is very little or nothign that can be traced to stop the attack, and it could be done by any terrorist. Becuase this isn't happening, it's evident, according to Arwon, that there aren't that many terrorists, becvause there aren't that many attacks.

And Specopss, an American born citizen can become a terrorist too. They dont' have to come from Afghanistan, or anywhere else.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting higbvuyb: And Specopss, an American born citizen can become a terrorist too. They dont' have to come from Afghanistan, or anywhere else.

Indeed. I wouldn't like an occupying force of my own country's soldiers in my town protecting me against local terrorists, and I bet most other people wouldn't either. In fact, I bet they'd fight back and provoke lots of fights much like is happening in Iraq. Much like what happened in the years leading up to the American Revolution. I wouldn't feel safer. I would feel oppressed.

Posted by Random

Quoting Lord of Spam: most of the "weapons of mass distruction" that we were after (i.e. chemical/biological" are actually pretty inefficient:cookie:

Technically a simple airliner could be a WMD if you think about it. And those were used effieciently.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Random: Technically a simple airliner could be a WMD if you think about it. And those were used effieciently.

well then obviously we should invade any country with a nationally owned airline since its really just a big ol' wmd program.

you are an idiot, shut up.

Posted by specopssv44

hey how bout this./... **** you stupid *** boot mother f uckers.... no f uck that, you dont f ucking even rate to be called f ucking boots, mother f ucking shower shoes..... you stupoid fu cking civilians are f uckni9g sheltered from the world by peoiple like me so f ucknig go to hell, you have no f ucking say in s hit man. You see things through a f ucking spinned media word. Its people like you that make me wonder sometimes why we do what we do.... fu ck you guys, fuc k all of you. you dont f ucknig know WTF its like, yuou dont know what life is like outside of your protected little world, and I wis DOUCHEBAGS like you could.... my familiy and friends is a different story, because they at least understand or respect what I do, but you are f ucking ignorant and arrogant about the whole thing so go to hell..... spend a day in my f ucking boots and then youd know;.l;.....

FUC K YOU STUPID AS S PU SSY MOTHER F UCKERS.... my blodd isnt worth yours, youre lucky there are some people that peoiple like me care about enough to die for.... you just ride the f ucking coattails.,...

yeah f ucki you guys im drunk... so the fack what... I havent drank in three months its about f ucking time. F uck you all. please come see me when and if I get back to America in January so i can punch you in your fu cking cumholes for being so f ucking inconsiderate of others you selfish stupid b ithes.... Simi Valley California, contact :The judge" for further information on where ot find me, ill be home late january hoperfuflly and will be glad to knock your f ucking retarded *** lights out/...

i kno your prolly sitting there lauyghing saying "WTF look at this rant haha, lol, rofl, etc etc.... wtf ever man your f ucking responsible for creating me, you stupid mother fu ckers are the reason for war, I am just the product of a nation that doesnt care and doesnt appricate.... so f uck you

Posted by Hyper

Quoting specopssv44: hey how bout this./... **** you stupid *** boot mother f uckers.... no f uck that, you dont f ucking even rate to be called f ucking boots, mother f ucking shower shoes..... you stupoid fu cking civilians are f uckni9g sheltered from the world by peoiple like me so f ucknig go to hell, you have no f ucking say in s hit man. You see things through a f ucking spinned media word. Its people like you that make me wonder sometimes why we do what we do.... fu ck you guys, fuc k all of you. you dont f ucknig know WTF its like, yuou dont know what life is like outside of your protected little world, and I wis DOUCHEBAGS like you could.... my familiy and friends is a different story, because they at least understand or respect what I do, but you are f ucking ignorant and arrogant about the whole thing so go to hell..... spend a day in my f ucking boots and then youd know;.l;.....

FUC K YOU STUPID AS S PU SSY MOTHER F UCKERS.... my blodd isnt worth yours, youre lucky there are some people that peoiple like me care about enough to die for.... you just ride the f ucking coattails.,...

yeah f ucki you guys im drunk... so the fack what... I havent drank in three months its about f ucking time. F uck you all. please come see me when and if I get back to America in January so i can punch you in your fu cking cumholes for being so f ucking inconsiderate of others you selfish stupid b ithes.... Simi Valley California, contact :The judge" for further information on where ot find me, ill be home late january hoperfuflly and will be glad to knock your f ucking retarded *** lights out/...

i kno your prolly sitting there lauyghing saying "WTF look at this rant haha, lol, rofl, etc etc.... wtf ever man your f ucking responsible for creating me, you stupid mother fu ckers are the reason for war, I am just the product of a nation that doesnt care and doesnt appricate.... so f uck you

Wow, you're totally right man. Really. I had no idea. All of it makes sense now. Listen, if there's any way I can make up my ignorance to you... I know how to get you into AA. Because you drinking, that's no good. You come on here and spew out stuff like that and it just plain isn't pretty.

----------------
On a more serious note, if THAT is the epitome of a U.S. Marine, I'm afraid.

Posted by Arwon

Somebody needs a hug.

Spec, my dad's in the military and my sister's joining up. Dad's actually been in Iraq, and he essentially agrees with me about what a counterproductive and pointless f*ckup Iraq is. He came home in March 17 2003 when the invasion started and said "well it's a bloody stupid idea but lets hope they pull it off". He volunteered to go to Iraq anyway. He thinks they didn't pull it off, and he's seen it first hand. He did his **** job without abusing people who thought the war wasn't a good idea because, well, he was one of them. I don't like invoking my background and my father because, well, it's f*cking cheap and weak argument tactics.

Moreover, the use of soldiers as political capital to win arguments by both pro and anti war people disgusts me (SUPPORT OUR TROOPS vs BRING OUR TROOPS HOME are as bad as each other in their cheap exploitation of emotionalism)... I love and respect him too much to want to use him to win a f*cking argument on a message board and besides which, the fact that I kinda actually do know my stuff on international affairs and so forth (hell, it's what I bloody study) means I don't need to... but hey, if you wanna get personal about it I feel the right to defend myself.

I grew up around military people and military bases, I know how to respect the military while still arguing politics... f*ck, that's one of the essential features of living in a bloody democracy. The military and politics are DIFFERENT THINGS. Once they start to combine things can get nasty. Do NOT act like I'm disrespecting the military by arguing my political views, do NOT act like questioning the war on terrorism or the war in Iraq is disrespectful to men and women in uniform. Do NOT act like your political views are legitimised by your job as a marine. The fact that you're very right-wing and the fact that you're in the military are two different things. Try to separate them.

Let's be simple here. You're not defending me from anything, you being in Iraq has no impact on my personal safety whatsoever. That's partly because I'm f*cking Australian but it's mostly because the Iraq war simply isn't making us safer from anything.

Reconcile all this with your choice of lifestyle how you will, because part of military life is doing your job and looking out for your mates in situations which are essentially pointless (see also WW1), or situations which you actively disagree with (see also Vietnam). It's the plight of the soldier to be stuck in the middle and abused by both sides of a political argument (as well as being in physical danger from the enemy, and often further danger from the dumbness of their own political leadership), and I sympathise with it... but don't think that shouting about it and haranguing people who don't tell you how awesome and right you are impresses anyone.

And the fact that you're in the marines certainly has no bearing on my argument that the "home front" of the war on terrorism (persecution of muslims, overzealous security, loss of civil liberties) is unncessary. And can we please maybe talk about this so-called "domestic front" for a bit, people?

Also Hyper, f*ck off. Drinking and ranting is part of life and I for one support it.

Posted by Random

Quoting Lord of Spam: well then obviously we should invade any country with a nationally owned airline since its really just a big ol' wmd program.

you are an idiot, shut up.

Not necessarily but Terrorists used an airliner as a WMD. It doesn't mean we can go into every country that has airliners and **** them over, but it just goes to show that even countries without WMDs can be threats.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Spec, my dad's in the military and my sister's joining up. Dad's actually been in Iraq, and he essentially agrees with me about what a counterproductive and pointless f*ckup Iraq is. He came home in March 17 2003 when the invasion started and said "well it's a bloody stupid idea but lets hope they pull it off". He volunteered to go to Iraq anyway. He thinks they didn't pull it off, and he's seen it first hand. He did his **** job without abusing people who thought the war wasn't a good idea because, well, he was one of them. I don't like invoking my background and my father because, well, it's f*cking cheap and weak argument tactics.

I am sorry, but I dont really give a **** what your dad did, what your sisters going to do, or WTF some stupid **** in australia thinks.... your country never got attacked by terrorists. Your people didnt bleed on your own soil. Therefore YOU HAVE NO F UCKING SAY.

And furthermore, noone gives a f uck about the "Domestic front". half you a ssholes forget theres even a war going on unless you feel like its time to take some shots at good ol W.

and, for the record, I dont need AA... Marines drink, its good to go, thats how we let steam off, theres nothing wrong with that.... so i get drunk and rant a little, deal with it.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I feel that the government crackdowns on civil liberties and other methods (profiling, the BS at customs in the airports, counter-terrorist operations and raids in afghanistan/iraq, and the general apprehension and widespread focus of the people in regards to thwarting terrorism) ARE at least partially responsible for #3. I also think that #5 is stretching it a bit

oh, and spec. . . as a conservative military brat who once tried to join the marines, I respectfully ask you to stfu

Posted by Arwon

Yeah, Spec, see now you're just being a c*nt.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I would like to point out that it's really easy for Spec to say what he's saying. He's a stateside grunt. Any dissent, even from troops who have been over there, is dumb, right Spec? Maybe it's best that you are enlisted. You'd never cut it as an officer with such a narrowminded, naive mindset. Even in the marines. Which is pretty bad. Guess what, a$shole. MY country WAS attacked, MY people DID die on MY soil. I guess that means I DO have a F UCKING SAY. Right? Well, allow me to flaunt this rare freedom of speech that you've outlined for me, and say that until you go to Iraq, spend a few tours there, and DO something, rather than run around in a ninja suit, drink too much, and frivelously spend that money my tax dollars provide for you via a salary, until you do more than go out to bars/stripclubs with the other grunts, get dumbass tattooes and post hateful STU FUKING IDITY on message boards... until YOU go to Iraq and until YOU see what it's like, how about you show a little more respect for the opinion of someone who has BEEN there? I have had three friends go to Iraq, each of them was twice the man that you PRETEND to be, and all three of them, while glad that they went and while agreeing that they did some good, still think it's being handled ****tily and NONE of them have the pompous, superman complex that you have. I guess scraping a married man's guts out of your hair and teeth after a roadside bomb will humble you a bit to where it seems pointless to pretend that you're some super soldier. I guess looking at his guts, spread across a thirty foot circumfrence, makes you wonder if he died for a good reason, and if we really have a point in being there. I guess having to shoot a child, because that child had a grenade, and thereafter crying about it at a bar because you have the blood of children on your hands, being this badass guy that everyone looked up to, sitting there sobbing because you'd lost two friends and killed children... I guess they're just PUS SIES aren't they. But I guess these anecdotes (told by my airborne buddy who's served two tours in Iraq, and I remind you, is twice the badass you pretend to be) don't matter, because it's just a bunch of hippie BS, huh spec? Tell you what. Quit pretending like you know what you're talking about, because you obviously don't.
/endrant

Posted by specopssv44

hey BJ, you stupid mother f ucker, ive been overseas for three months now, conducting security and stabiliy operations in south east asia and other areas, my battalion has seen more combat in the last 4 years than any other unit in our military forces, with the exception of 3/5, who just returned from Iraq, putting them on par with us.... You dont know me, you havent seen my SRB, and cannot comment on what I have or havent done for my country.... Spend 3 weeks conducting an R and S assignment on a ****hole village in some bum f ucking 3rd world nation, then tell me I havent seen some ****.... And keep calling me narrowminded too spoiled f uck, theres a reason my unit has spent the last 3 months in southeast asia, its a GLOBAL war on terrorisim, youd be amazed what doesnt make the news, and what you people never hear about.... Id really, love to go into further detail in terms of my recent activities, but for reasons such as OPSEC I am limited.
you TRIED to become a Marine, thats great, good try, I guess you werent cut out for it, I AM a Marine, and a f ucking decent one at that. If two meritorius promotions and an NCO billet arent enough to prove that then I dont know what is.
Go ahead and try and take a shot at me, call me narrowminded, make fun of me, whatever dude, but the bottom line is, you could NEVER fill my boots.... and if you think you can then go right ahead and join up. Maybe youll end up in my unit and I can haze the **** out of your retarded boot ***.
Its not the infantrymans job to be "openminded". Its not our officers job to be "openminded". The primary goal of Marine Corps leadership, as stated in our manual, is mission accomplishment, and the mission of the Marine Corps Rifle squad is simple, Locate, close with and destroy the enemy, and repel the enemys assults by fire and manuver. Thats all it is, thats all it boils down too.
You talk to me like I havent lost brothers in Iraq, you know what they called my battalion when we got back from Ramadi last september, "The purple heart battalion"....
I dont need to be openminded about **** becaues I know what is right, and what is wrong. Sorry BJ, im not gonna kiss some austrailian pricks a ss on a blog site so people will think better of me here. I wont do it on the internet, and I wouldnt do it in real life.
So BJ, please go off and F uck yourself. You crossed a line BJ. You want to go off and talk about where ive been, and what ive ok great.... Go look up 1st Battalion, 5th Marines on the internet, and call me a f ucking stateside Marine you stupid b itch..... theres no such thing as a stateside grunt prick

Posted by Lord of Spam

I love you bj. please father my children.

"I dont need to be openminded about **** becaues I know what is right, and what is wrong. "

hahaha oh wow.

Posted by Random

Quoting specopssv44: hey BJ, you stupid mother f ucker, ive been overseas for three months now, conducting security and stabiliy operations in south east asia and other areas, my battalion has seen more combat in the last 4 years than any other unit in our military forces, with the exception of 3/5, who just returned from Iraq, putting them on par with us.... You dont know me, you havent seen my SRB, and cannot comment on what I have or havent done for my country.... Spend 3 weeks conducting an R and S assignment on a ****hole village in some bum f ucking 3rd world nation, then tell me I havent seen some ****.... And keep calling me narrowminded too spoiled f uck, theres a reason my unit has spent the last 3 months in southeast asia, its a GLOBAL war on terrorisim, youd be amazed what doesnt make the news, and what you people never hear about.... Id really, love to go into further detail in terms of my recent activities, but for reasons such as OPSEC I am limited.
you TRIED to become a Marine, thats great, good try, I guess you werent cut out for it, I AM a Marine, and a f ucking decent one at that. If two meritorius promotions and an NCO billet arent enough to prove that then I dont know what is.
Go ahead and try and take a shot at me, call me narrowminded, make fun of me, whatever dude, but the bottom line is, you could NEVER fill my boots.... and if you think you can then go right ahead and join up. Maybe youll end up in my unit and I can haze the **** out of your retarded boot ***.
Its not the infantrymans job to be "openminded". Its not our officers job to be "openminded". The primary goal of Marine Corps leadership, as stated in our manual, is mission accomplishment, and the mission of the Marine Corps Rifle squad is simple, Locate, close with and destroy the enemy, and repel the enemys assults by fire and manuver. Thats all it is, thats all it boils down too.
You talk to me like I havent lost brothers in Iraq, you know what they called my battalion when we got back from Ramadi last september, "The purple heart battalion"....
I dont need to be openminded about **** becaues I know what is right, and what is wrong. Sorry BJ, im not gonna kiss some austrailian pricks a ss on a blog site so people will think better of me here. I wont do it on the internet, and I wouldnt do it in real life.
So BJ, please go off and F uck yourself. You crossed a line BJ. You want to go off and talk about where ive been, and what ive ok great.... Go look up 1st Battalion, 5th Marines on the internet, and call me a f ucking stateside Marine you stupid b itch..... theres no such thing as a stateside grunt prick

Hes right.. Theres a lot that doesn't make the news. Even I myself helped fight the war on terror. I used to work at K Mart a while back and 2 arabs purchased 35 TracFones off of us. We called the FBI and shortly later they were arrested. Its amazing because it never made the news. I garuntee theres a lot over sea's we don't know about.

Terrorism is a huge threat and will continue being a huge threat. We must never let our guard down. It doesn't matter about chance, it matters about saving lives. on 9/11 there was a chance that we'd all live (All of us on VGC) but yet thousands died. How can you possibly say terrorism isn't a threat?

For those of you who think terrorism isn't a threat, you can suck my balls.

Posted by Fate

Perhaps "threat" is being taken too literally. Of course terrorism is threatening, but it's not common and therefore shouldn't be seen as civil-liberty-assaulting threatening. I think that was the point of the thread, something that was obviously and stupidly missed.

Posted by Random

Quoting Princess Fate: Perhaps "threat" is being taken too literally. Of course terrorism is threatening, but it's not common. I think that was the point of the thread, something that was obviously and stupidly missed.

I don't think anything was missed..

Theres more terrorist attempts than we the people know. Like I stated when I worked at Kmart. Never made the news.. There were 2 other stores within the last couple months that had the same deal and never made the news. Terroristic attempts are more common now than ever and we can't let our guard down. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Posted by Fate

What makes you think this **** wasn't happening before 9/11? These "terrorist acts" are about as common as murders and they happen every day to the point where they're not called "terrorists" but "psychos". But now there is a difference! People who hold hostages are crazy and are not terrorists and real terrorists only come from Iraq!

Posted by Random

Quoting Princess Fate: What makes you think this **** wasn't happening before 9/11? These "terrorist acts" are about as common as murders and they happen every day to the point where they're not called "terrorists" but "psychos". But now there is a difference! People who hold hostages are crazy and are not terrorists and real terrorists only come from Iraq!

Ok but the Oklahoma City bomber who was American and considered a terrorist is obviously from Iraq? Is that what your saying?

It seems as though the word Terrorist is used for mass killing. Not like those holding a few people hostage. Theres a local bank that had a hostage crisis and your right its not called terrorism, because we think of terrorism on a much larger scale.

I'm not saying it wasn't happening before 9/11. Infact the Twin Towers were attacked in the 90's by a car bomb that killed a few people. Infact the Clinton administration ****ed up and ignored other terroristic acts during his term. Too worried about some bimbo named Monica Lawinksi to bother with something that actually needed to be done..

We worry about it more now because its happend on a large scale, and there are numerous attempts. We must never let our guard down. We must let the government run its course. People are freaking out about their phone conversations being listened to. WHO THE F*** CARES? I DONT CARE IF I WAS HAVING GAY PHONE SEX AND MY WIFE WAS SECRETLY AN FBI AGENT LISTENING IN, IF ITS TO PROTECT MY LIFE THEN SO BE IT!! WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE POSSIBLY HAVE TO HIDE THATS NOT WORTH SAVING LIVES?

WTF PEOPLE?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting specopssv44: hey BJ, you stupid mother f ucker, ive been overseas for three months now, conducting security and stabiliy operations in south east asia and other areas, my battalion has seen more combat in the last 4 years than any other unit in our military forces, with the exception of 3/5, who just returned from Iraq, putting them on par with us.... You dont know me, you havent seen my SRB, and cannot comment on what I have or havent done for my country.... Spend 3 weeks conducting an R and S assignment on a ****hole village in some bum f ucking 3rd world nation, then tell me I havent seen some ****.... And keep calling me narrowminded too spoiled f uck, theres a reason my unit has spent the last 3 months in southeast asia, its a GLOBAL war on terrorisim, youd be amazed what doesnt make the news, and what you people never hear about.... Id really, love to go into further detail in terms of my recent activities, but for reasons such as OPSEC I am limited.

hah, you brainwashed dip****. I called you narrowminded and naive and you quote the freakin manual. I'll rip this dumbass reply apart tomorrow. As for now I'm done entertaining you like you mean something, ignorant grunt.

Posted by higbvuyb

Spec, though security and stability operations and such may be one thing, open war in Iraq is definitely worse. BJ is saying that people who have been to Iraq, and have experienced losing friends in front of their eyes and etc think that it's not being handled properly. And they do have a say, because they've been to Iraq and been shot at, and they and their opinions deserve your respect, and are more accurate than yours because they have actually been in Iraq.

Posted by Random

Quoting higbvuyb: Spec, though security and stability operations and such may be one thing, open war in Iraq is definitely worse. BJ is saying that people who have been to Iraq, and have experienced losing friends in front of their eyes and etc think that it's not being handled properly. And they do have a say, because they've been to Iraq and been shot at, and they and their opinions deserve your respect, and are more accurate than yours because they have actually been in Iraq.

But what is the perfect strategy? We don't know who we can trust there.. Theres no easy way to handle Iraq and its going to be a constant effort but its one we can't give up. If we give up now who knows what might happen. Countless people will die..

I am one of those who believe being in Iraq is the right thing to do. Its going to be harmful and we'll end up losing troops and innocent people will die, however its to save a greater number of people. Hopefully there won't be large amounts of deaths.. Sadly its inevitable..

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I want to paint an illustration of what a "good" soldier is. I am reminded of my friend, Jeremy, a 30-something guy with a lazy eye that I played pool with and met through a series of "friends of so-and-so"s. I knew he'd been special forces, as his friend through whom I'd met him was special forces as well. Jeremy told me one night that he had trouble sleeping. We'd both had a few beers, so I figured I'd ask what the problem was. Apparently he was a sniper. He'd been to (trying to remember this from memory)... Iraq a few times, Afghanistan, Kosovo, (I believe) Somalia, Japan, and Colombia. He (claimed) to actually know the man (he was in the same squad or whatever) that killed Pablo IN Colombia. Anyways, Jeremy's killed a great many people. I guess he would actuallY FIT that killing-machine profile you have embraced for yourself, speccy. You see. .. he's actually KILLED people. And a bunch of them. I can't remember his kill count but if I find out I'll pass the word along. He told me he had many ghosts on his mind, that kept him awake at night. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being a REAL badass. Well, we were all in this pool hall one night, and one of the military guys was giving me **** for saying that I thought Israel was handling the Lebanon situation ****tily. He basically got it in his head that I was a major hippie, despite my objections to such a label (I'm pretty conservative, on any given day). Aside from the fact that he was wearing his "Koran: Now in Two-Play" t-shirt, and had told me that Marine cadence about bombing children (see other thread), I pretty much had him labeled as a peice of **** (Marine, in college, wants to fly or something). Well, this guy kept coming over and talkign to them, because I believe he wanted one of the girls with us. This particular guy had a pony tail, looked kinda grungy, was skinny, and had a shirt that said "Bush: Wanted for Crimes against humanity." With a fake mugshot of George W Bush on it. Well, the grunts and aforementioned dip**** marine officer werent taking too kindly to him and basically told him to **** off. He was upset, but after they'd left he came back over to talk to us. Jeremy was still there and intercepted him sorta halfway and I watched from a distance, figuring Jeremy would break this kid's head off. After awhile it looked like they were practicing self defense moves or something. So I walk over to them and it turns out the guy's interested in pressure points or something, and Jeremy, having been trained to break every bone known, was giving him some pointers. They talked for a bit and did some Brazilian Jiu-Jistu stuff (which is pretty badass when everyone's drunk in a pool hall) before the skinny dude left. I walked over to Jeremy and said "man, I figured you'd kill that kid with that shirt he had on (I knew Jeremy was a hyuge bush supporter and conservative)". He smiled at me with that lazy eyed grin and said "hell naw, man. I fought so he could wear that shirt. Don't bother me none."

That is what an intelligent soldier believes, Speccy-poo. That is why Jeremy is an officer (I say IS because he's being recalled to go to Iraq AGAIN). A GOOD soldier is a thinking man, who follows orders, but doesn't automatically believe everything he's told. A good soldier has compassion when it's necessary, and isn't all blood and guts and killing. Even George Patton was an intellectual and a thinker, and capable of compassion, and he WAS called "ol Blood and Guts". That is what makes a good soldier good, the ability to think, rationalize, and RESPECT a differing opinion (like Jeremy did). THAT is what makes a soldier, and until you are able to do those things, you will be a grunt, and nothing more than a grunt, and you will FOLLOW THE ORDERS of these better men (most of them) who are able to perform the above actions. And in addition, I apologize for calling you stateside. Allow me to extend my thanks to you, for braving the many dangers that Japan poses. Allow me to understand that you ARE in the heat of extreme danger in Japan, and being there entitles you to discredit ANY person's opinion who has been to the (in comparison with DANGEROUS Japan) much milder timult that is Iraq or Afghanistan. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for protecting me and my personal interests, as well as those of all the rest of America, by getting drunk and doing goofy things in the barracks while driving around on the comfortable, very American (bet you have a burger king!) military base in the murder-hole that is Japan. I take it all back, if you're still alive in that warzone, you really ARE a badass. What nerve I had to insinuate that you had the easy life! Japan. . . man I'm glad I'm not there.
/sarcasm

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Random: But what is the perfect strategy? We don't know who we can trust there.. Theres no easy way to handle Iraq and its going to be a constant effort but its one we can't give up. If we give up now who knows what might happen. Countless people will die..

I am one of those who believe being in Iraq is the right thing to do. Its going to be harmful and we'll end up losing troops and innocent people will die, however its to save a greater number of people. Hopefully there won't be large amounts of deaths.. Sadly its inevitable..

Way to dance around not really saying anything. My point is that soldiers CAN complain about how things are in Iraq, and while nobody has the right answer, I think THEY DO have the right to complain, and their complaints should be heard. They are, afterall, the ones experiencing it. It's unfair to do as spec does, and automatically ignore anyone's opinion that doesn't agree with his pushy, undereducated, neanderthal ideas of warfare and morality. That's trying to STIFLE the POINT of the UNITED STATES MILITARY in the first place, which is to protect the US AND the Constitution. you know, that peice of paper that guarantees our rights and everything? yeah, it's sort of... a bit more important than the federal government or the GOP.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: I want to paint an illustration of what a "good" soldier is. I am reminded of my friend, Jeremy, a 30-something guy with a lazy eye that I played pool with and met through a series of "friends of so-and-so"s. I knew he'd been special forces, as his friend through whom I'd met him was special forces as well. Jeremy told me one night that he had trouble sleeping. We'd both had a few beers, so I figured I'd ask what the problem was. Apparently he was a sniper. He'd been to (trying to remember this from memory)... Iraq a few times, Afghanistan, Kosovo, (I believe) Somalia, Japan, and Colombia. He (claimed) to actually know the man (he was in the same squad or whatever) that killed Pablo IN Colombia. Anyways, Jeremy's killed a great many people. I guess he would actuallY FIT that killing-machine profile you have embraced for yourself, speccy. You see. .. he's actually KILLED people. And a bunch of them. I can't remember his kill count but if I find out I'll pass the word along. He told me he had many ghosts on his mind, that kept him awake at night. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being a REAL badass. Well, we were all in this pool hall one night, and one of the military guys was giving me **** for saying that I thought Israel was handling the Lebanon situation ****tily. He basically got it in his head that I was a major hippie, despite my objections to such a label (I'm pretty conservative, on any given day). Aside from the fact that he was wearing his "Koran: Now in Two-Play" t-shirt, and had told me that Marine cadence about bombing children (see other thread), I pretty much had him labeled as a peice of **** (Marine, in college, wants to fly or something). Well, this guy kept coming over and talkign to them, because I believe he wanted one of the girls with us. This particular guy had a pony tail, looked kinda grungy, was skinny, and had a shirt that said "Bush: Wanted for Crimes against humanity." With a fake mugshot of George W Bush on it. Well, the grunts and aforementioned dip**** marine officer werent taking too kindly to him and basically told him to **** off. He was upset, but after they'd left he came back over to talk to us. Jeremy was still there and intercepted him sorta halfway and I watched from a distance, figuring Jeremy would break this kid's head off. After awhile it looked like they were practicing self defense moves or something. So I walk over to them and it turns out the guy's interested in pressure points or something, and Jeremy, having been trained to break every bone known, was giving him some pointers. They talked for a bit and did some Brazilian Jiu-Jistu stuff (which is pretty badass when everyone's drunk in a pool hall) before the skinny dude left. I walked over to Jeremy and said "man, I figured you'd kill that kid with that shirt he had on (I knew Jeremy was a hyuge bush supporter and conservative)". He smiled at me with that lazy eyed grin and said "hell naw, man. I fought so he could wear that shirt. Don't bother me none."

That is what an intelligent soldier believes, Speccy-poo. That is why Jeremy is an officer (I say IS because he's being recalled to go to Iraq AGAIN). A GOOD soldier is a thinking man, who follows orders, but doesn't automatically believe everything he's told. A good soldier has compassion when it's necessary, and isn't all blood and guts and killing. Even George Patton was an intellectual and a thinker, and capable of compassion, and he WAS called "ol Blood and Guts". That is what makes a good soldier good, the ability to think, rationalize, and RESPECT a differing opinion (like Jeremy did). THAT is what makes a soldier, and until you are able to do those things, you will be a grunt, and nothing more than a grunt, and you will FOLLOW THE ORDERS of these better men (most of them) who are able to perform the above actions. And in addition, I apologize for calling you stateside. Allow me to extend my thanks to you, for braving the many dangers that Japan poses. Allow me to understand that you ARE in the heat of extreme danger in Japan, and being there entitles you to discredit ANY person's opinion who has been to the (in comparison with DANGEROUS Japan) much milder timult that is Iraq or Afghanistan. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for protecting me and my personal interests, as well as those of all the rest of America, by getting drunk and doing goofy things in the barracks while driving around on the comfortable, very American (bet you have a burger king!) military base in the murder-hole that is Japan. I take it all back, if you're still alive in that warzone, you really ARE a badass. What nerve I had to insinuate that you had the easy life! Japan. . . man I'm glad I'm not there.
/sarcasm

While I could sit here, beat around the bush, and do the best to explain to you that we havent just been sitting in Japan for 3 months, theres really no way I could do so without violating some sort of order. As a matter of fact we just got briefed on it two days ago.
I could try and explain to you just what exactly what ive been doing, what Sparrohawk react is, and all other kinds of neat stuff but i think it would be lost on you.
I could also sit here and rip your post apart wondering how, you, sitting in America, safe and free and among friends, could even attempt to discredit anyone doing anything in the armed forces anywhere. Your right im a grunt. But Id rather be a grunt than a POG any day, and id rather be a POG than a sorry a ss civilian that "tried" to join once...... oh and nice on the whole "brainwashed" card.... its very orginal....

but I will handle your post with one reply...

Quoted post: I want to paint an illustration of what a "good" soldier is

I want to illustrate to you, the fact that I am not a good soldier, in fact, I was never a soldier. I AM A MARINE, there always has been, and always will be a difference. And until you understand that, you have no hope of understanding how we think in The Corps.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

haha, you're so cute, Spec. How's it feel to know that in ten years I'll be telling your commanders what to tell you to do? I'm not a sorry *** civilian. I'm a better man than you will ever be, little boy. Now put on your little uniform and chant your little chants and fall into line with your guns. Yeah, you're so right. Marines aren't soldiers at all. Pfft. Get over yourself, navy boy. That regurgitated crap only sounds cool when it's being yelled, and even then it doesn't impress me. I couldn't be a marine because I had asthma, as I've stated before. Do I regret it? Yeah. Would I have made a good marine? Hell yeah. Better than you? Pfft, definitely. Am I insulted by your dumb quips using lame military jargon you learned at boot camp? Nah, not really. Keep ranting and raving, I find it utterly charming :) I'm not discrediting you or anyone or what they do in the armed forces anywhere, silly boy. I'm exercising my freedom of speech which you have sworn to protect by telling you how full of **** you are, and how you are in no way, shape, or form, one one hundredth as badass as you let on to be, and every little bit as stupid as you inadvertantly let on to be. That's what I am doing. There is a difference. I have waaaaaaaay too much respect for REAL soldiers (and REAL marines, btw ;) ) to lump you in with them. Don't worry about that.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post:

Quoted post: haha, you're so cute, Spec. How's it feel to know that in ten years I'll be telling your commanders what to tell you to do?

haha yeah ok. The last thing America needs to do in ten years is elect a moderate *** kisser who pretends to be a republican.

Quoted post: I'm a better man than you will ever be, little boy

Youre right, going to college is such a great sacrafice, maybe I should give you my national defence medal?

Quoted post: Marines aren't soldiers at all. Pfft. Get over yourself, navy boy

Time after time, the Marine Corps has outperformed the Army... The "soldiers" I have met were poor excuss' for warriors indeed, with the exception of their special forces units, they lack self control, and technical and tactical proficiency, not to mention pride.

Quoted post: I couldn't be a marine because I had asthma, as I've stated before. Do I regret it? Yeah. Would I have made a good marine? Hell yeah. Better than you? Pfft, definitely

hah ok *****, i could tell you exactly where youd end . General ****ing Poplation, no billet, just a ****ing follower. You lack agressiveness, and initiative. I got where I am today because I dont give a **** about what other people think, I know whats right, and what needs to get done, and one way or another ive made sure my Marines get it done... I can tell by the way you talk about us "Grunts" you wouldnt have cut it.... maybe as a POG but not a grunt.

Quoted post: I'm exercising my freedom of speech which you have sworn to protect by telling you how full of **** you are, and how you are in no way, shape, or form, one one hundredth as badass as you let on to be, and every little bit as stupid as you inadvertantly let on to be. That's what I am doing. There is a difference. I have waaaaaaaay too much respect for REAL soldiers (and REAL marines, btw ) to lump you in with them. Don't worry about that

When have I ever said "HEY LOOK AT ME IM A BADASS!".... so I get drunk, go on a rant, and all of a sudden im not a real Marine right? ***** YOU DONT EVEN RATE TO GO TO BOOT CAMP! who the f uck are you to say what makes a Marine?...its your opinion, ok fine... my opinion, is that you are a kiss ***, you try and sit on the fence and not step on anyones toes... if thats your deal fine, but fortune favors the bold and at least people know where I stand on issues....

So go ahead and be a little punk *** lipring faggot and talk some **** about the Corps, or the grunts, or me. You dont think im fully aware that I am far from being THE ONE AND ONLY BADASS MARINE? You dont think I realize that?? Ive got a bunch of buddies in Recon and STA platoon, and those dudes are some bad mother****ers... you should hear their views on the war in Iraq, you should have seen THEM last night! I got drunk and ranted on a website and went to sleep, big effing deal man. 2 other guys threw a lamp through a window, then tried to make a wall into a door with their fists and ended up at the Battalion Aid Station a half hour later.

The bottom line here, BJ, is that you are a civilian, i dont care who youve talked to, or who your friends are, or where you think ive been, you havent seen the world through my eyes, youve never had to point a weapon at someone, and youve never been asked to kill someone, and you probably never will. I have seen more, and done more than you will ever in your life, and to be honest I think your just a bit jealous.

So go ahead and try and take ol speccy down a notch, so youll get some more rep from the more liberal of us here at VGC, and theyll think your openminded and great... it doesnt bother me one bit.... But maybe before you go off talking about the military, you should take a step back and realize you are waayy out of your league, you really have no first hand prespective about any of it, so just stick to the sideline where you belong.

Posted by Raptor

Peace is the way, love is the answer.

Posted by Bebop

Could Speccy, whether drunk or not, elaborate over this "spinned media" thing?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting specopssv44: haha yeah ok. The last thing America needs to do in ten years is elect a moderate *** kisser who pretends to be a republican.
You don't have the slightest idea what a republican even is. And I don't kiss anyone's ***. If I were an asskisser I'd be kissing yours, moron.

Quoting specopssv44:
Youre right, going to college is such a great sacrafice, maybe I should give you my national defence medal?
Hah. Wave that bad boy in pride. .. seeing as how ANYONE who serves in ANY active duty gets it. I'm impressed!

Quoting specopssv44:
Time after time, the Marine Corps has outperformed the Army... The "soldiers" I have met were poor excuss' for warriors indeed, with the exception of their special forces units, they lack self control, and technical and tactical proficiency, not to mention pride.
self control? Hah. Do you hear yourself? Special forces lack technical and tactical proficiency? That cute little brown belt you earned at boot camp makes you better than them? Hah, you're such a joke.

Quoting specopssv44:
hah ok *****, i could tell you exactly where youd end . General ****ing Poplation, no billet, just a ****ing follower. You lack agressiveness, and initiative. I got where I am today because I dont give a **** about what other people think, I know whats right, and what needs to get done, and one way or another ive made sure my Marines get it done... I can tell by the way you talk about us "Grunts" you wouldnt have cut it.... maybe as a POG but not a grunt.
ouch, I'm hurt. You know why? Because your opinion matters to me. I swear it does.

Quoting specopssv44:
When have I ever said "HEY LOOK AT ME IM A BADASS!".... so I get drunk, go on a rant, and all of a sudden im not a real Marine right? ***** YOU DONT EVEN RATE TO GO TO BOOT CAMP! who the f uck are you to say what makes a Marine?...its your opinion, ok fine... my opinion, is that you are a kiss ***, you try and sit on the fence and not step on anyones toes... if thats your deal fine, but fortune favors the bold and at least people know where I stand on issues....

Yeah, you stand off by yourself, because nobody's as fanatically stupid as you are on the issues, which you know NOTHING about. And don't quote Virgil to a history major, k? Fortune favors the bold, but not the stupid. But I give you too much credit. You didn't even know who said that. Do you know who Omar Bradley was? Look him up and read his quote, since you're such a fancier of cliche quotes. "The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living. ~Omar Bradley"

Quoting specopssv44:
So go ahead and be a little punk *** lipring faggot and talk some **** about the Corps, or the grunts, or me. You dont think im fully aware that I am far from being THE ONE AND ONLY BADASS MARINE? You dont think I realize that?? Ive got a bunch of buddies in Recon and STA platoon, and those dudes are some bad mother****ers... you should hear their views on the war in Iraq, you should have seen THEM last night! I got drunk and ranted on a website and went to sleep, big effing deal man. 2 other guys threw a lamp through a window, then tried to make a wall into a door with their fists and ended up at the Battalion Aid Station a half hour later.C I never said you were the one and only badass marine. I said you weren't at all a badass marine. They didn't teach you how to read at boot camp?
[QUOTE=specopssv44]
The bottom line here, BJ, is that you are a civilian, i dont care who youve talked to, or who your friends are, or where you think ive been, you havent seen the world through my eyes, youve never had to point a weapon at someone, and youve never been asked to kill someone, and you probably never will. I have seen more, and done more than you will ever in your life, and to be honest I think your just a bit jealous. And neither have you. I'm not in the least bit jealous. I'm jealous of real marines, not of some johnny on the spot kissass (which is what you are) who knows more about sucking up and trying to be cool in front of his comrades than he does about international affairs, warfare, diplomacy, tactics, etc. If you knew any of the latter you'd realize how much of an utter moron you are.
[QUOTE=specopssv44]
So go ahead and try and take ol speccy down a notch, so youll get some more rep from the more liberal of us here at VGC, and theyll think your openminded and great... it doesnt bother me one bit.... But maybe before you go off talking about the military, you should take a step back and realize you are waayy out of your league, you really have no first hand prespective about any of it, so just stick to the sideline where you belong.
I can't take you down a notch when you've been on the bottom notch forever, son. Nobody here has ever A-taken you seriously or B- respected your opinion. You're an idiot. You're a drooling cro-magnon. I've stuck up for you before, figuring that maybe you'd get out of your "grr, kill em all!" mindset and maybe grow some brains in the corps, but it seems I was wrong. Keep telling yourslef you're some hero with all the big loads of NOTHING you've done. Whatever helps you sleep at night aside from the booze, loser.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)Random is not allowed to tell people to suck his balls. Hell, I'm not even really cool enough to do it, but he certainly isnt.
2)BJ? liberal? i lol'd

Posted by Random

Quoting Lord of Spam: 1)Random is not allowed to tell people to suck his balls. Hell, I'm not even really cool enough to do it, but he certainly isnt

50 Lashes eh?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yes. Of my balls. With your tounge. In a licking motion.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post:
]
Quoted post: You don't have the slightest idea what a republican even is. And I don't kiss anyone's ***. If I were an asskisser I'd be kissing yours, moron.

no, your a moderate, asskisser, plain and simple.

Quoted post: Hah. Wave that bad boy in pride. .. seeing as how ANYONE who serves in ANY active duty gets it. I'm impressed!

And your point is? I have one, you dont, and never will.

Quoted post: self control? Hah. Do you hear yourself? Special forces lack technical and tactical proficiency? That cute little brown belt you earned at boot camp makes you better than them? Hah, you're such a joke.

Go back and re-read my post, I said WITH EXCEPTION TO THEIR SPECIAL FORCES.... Being a Marine has nothing to do with MCMAP belts, it has to do with THE EAGLE GLOBE AND ANCHOR I earned in boot camp, something you can never understand, comprehend, or appriciate.

Quoted post: And don't quote Virgil to a history major, k?

ohhh! history major! Im sorry!... maybe one day youll leave your little comfortable world, and see what life is really like. Maybe one day your mommy and daddy will run out of money and youll have to fend for yourself.

Quoted post: Do you know who Omar Bradley was?

I was never big on Bradley, it was a mistake putting him in charge instead of Patton. Bradley was a kissass and it payed off for him. Same thing happened to MacArthur in Korea, swept under the rug because he wasnt a kiss ***. But when push comes to shove Id rather loose my job than agree to make tactically unsound choices to please the higherups.

Quoted post: I said you weren't at all a badass marine. They didn't teach you how to read at boot camp?

Surely I am more badass than every lazy college kid ive ever seen, people like you run a dime a dozen. Anyone can go to college.

Quoted post: And neither have you. I'm not in the least bit jealous. I'm jealous of real marines, not of some johnny on the spot kissass (which is what you are) who knows more about sucking up and trying to be cool in front of his comrades than he does about international affairs, warfare, diplomacy, tactics, etc. If you knew any of the latter you'd realize how much of an utter moron you are

TOO FAR PUNK MOTHER****ER! Fu ck off BJ, go look up the MILF AND JI, and tell me dealing with those mother****ers doesnt constiture force, do you know what or where JOLO and or mindinao islands are and whats been going on there? Look it up *****, and while your at it why not try and discredit the philipino Marines too.

Whatever dude, I understand that your jealous, and feel a need to point at ol speccy and say "hes not badass! look at me! BJ is badass!", I dont know why it matters to you so much, its just a forum dude but ok. WEll I have to go back to work, were embarking onship, agian, so theres tons of **** to do. I hope you wake up this morning, and go to class and feel badass, you rough tough history major you! Keep pounding those books and passing those terrible exams! how do you manage to keep doing it BJ!?

Posted by Lord of Spam

"Maybe one day your mommy and daddy will run out of money and youll have to fend for yourself."

dahahaha.

Spec, you arent even trying to counter anything he is saying. all you are doing is yelling IM RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG. If you have a way to prove him wrong, then do it or shut the hell up and realize that someone bested you in an argument.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Spec, you arent even trying to counter anything he is saying. all you are doing is yelling IM RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG. If you have a way to prove him wrong, then do it or shut the hell up and realize that someone bested you in an argument.

And all hes saying is "Your angry and not openminded so you cant possibly be a good Marine!".... WHo the **** is he to say something like that.... Im sorry douchebag but I live and work with hundreds of Marines, and just because my current AO Isnt Iraq, that makes me no less a Marine. WHats more is my attitude is a direct reflection of the more senior Marines I am around, some of which have deployed to Iraq 3 times. But he wouldnt know that, and because his buddy was an Army officer, and didnt like the war, anyone whos any different must be a bad person, and certainly not a good Marine.
Furthermore, for some reason, BJ seems to think Iraq is the only place in the world our military encounters hostility. None of you have any clue about what my unit has been doing overseas, but you assume that because we are currently based in Japan that its all fun and games. Japan is used as a staging ground for expanded operations.
Specifically, as a part of the amphibious raid company, we are trained to move from ship to shore VIA CRRCs, and assualt an objective, we are also qualified in Helo assualt, Riot Control, and motorized assult/raids.
Again, due to OPSEC, I am unable to comment fully on recent operations, and the destination of my unit once we embark, again, in roughly 10 days. Perhaps in 4 to 5 months, when my unit rotates back to the states, I will be able to go into greater detail in terms of my experiences.
The bottom line is I dont really give a **** what BJ thinks, and honestly ive lost alot of respect for him. I think much of his assualt is motivated by jealousy, he couldnt become a Marine, so he wants to take some pot shots at me, well ok fine..
I always viewed BJ as intellegent, and I fell he is more capable of articulating his thoughts than myself. Not alot of people can bother me with words, but when you bring MY Marine Corps into it, its a completly different story. I am sure that if BJ, or anyone here at VGC spent a few days out in the field with me you would feel differently. Sadly that is not a possibility, and so you only see a small, and sometimes drunken part of me.

Posted by Hyper

He isn't jealous, you just think he is to boost your own ego.

Posted by Random

Quoting specopssv44: And all hes saying is "Your angry and not openminded so you cant possibly be a good Marine!".... WHo the **** is he to say something like that.... Im sorry douchebag but I live and work with hundreds of Marines, and just because my current AO Isnt Iraq, that makes me no less a Marine. WHats more is my attitude is a direct reflection of the more senior Marines I am around, some of which have deployed to Iraq 3 times. But he wouldnt know that, and because his buddy was an Army officer, and didnt like the war, anyone whos any different must be a bad person, and certainly not a good Marine.
Furthermore, for some reason, BJ seems to think Iraq is the only place in the world our military encounters hostility. None of you have any clue about what my unit has been doing overseas, but you assume that because we are currently based in Japan that its all fun and games. Japan is used as a staging ground for expanded operations.
Specifically, as a part of the amphibious raid company, we are trained to move from ship to shore VIA CRRCs, and assualt an objective, we are also qualified in Helo assualt, Riot Control, and motorized assult/raids.
Again, due to OPSEC, I am unable to comment fully on recent operations, and the destination of my unit once we embark, again, in roughly 10 days. Perhaps in 4 to 5 months, when my unit rotates back to the states, I will be able to go into greater detail in terms of my experiences.
The bottom line is I dont really give a **** what BJ thinks, and honestly ive lost alot of respect for him. I think much of his assualt is motivated by jealousy, he couldnt become a Marine, so he wants to take some pot shots at me, well ok fine..
I always viewed BJ as intellegent, and I fell he is more capable of articulating his thoughts than myself. Not alot of people can bother me with words, but when you bring MY Marine Corps into it, its a completly different story. I am sure that if BJ, or anyone here at VGC spent a few days out in the field with me you would feel differently. Sadly that is not a possibility, and so you only see a small, and sometimes drunken part of me.

I don't quite fully understand the jealousy thing but I agree with what you say for the most part.

Now can we all just get along and get back to the real subject at hand? THERES GAYS MARRYING EACHOTHER.. Lesbians blowin on eachothers titties.. *blowing noise*..

And Dudes.. at a barbecue.. Hey dawg I like you.. I like you too man.. Lets get married.. THAT SH*TZ CRAZY!

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: self control? Hah. Do you hear yourself? Special forces lack technical and tactical proficiency? That cute little brown belt you earned at boot camp makes you better than them? Hah, you're such a joke.

That's not what Spec said. He said that normal soldiers (not including special forces units) lack self control, and technical and tactical proficiency, not to mention pride.

Quoting Specopsv44: no, your a moderate, asskisser, plain and simple.

No. He's a Republican. You're a Neoconservative.

Quoted post: And all hes saying is "Your angry and not openminded so you cant possibly be a good Marine!"

No, he's not. Anyway, you don't have to be calm and open-minded to be a good Marine. To be a good Marine, all you have to be good at is combat, tactics, etc.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I take back what I said. It was wrong of me to say that spec is a "bad marine" because he doesn't think enough for me. Frankly, to be any type of soldier, and to be good at it, all you have to do is follow orders. Nothing more. I guess he does it. The fact that he's undereducated, naive, and too zealous for me doesn't discredit his "mariney" abilities, i suppose, so for that I apologize. I'll rephrase and say that I've seen much BETTER marines. Fair enough? And if it's unfair for me to assume things about you, speccypoo, you shouldn't assume things about me. I wont' poke too much fun, but I will say that you are oftly small, compared to the marines I'm friends with. I'll venture to say I might even be stronger and in better shape than you. *shrug* But I guess I'm just a "lazy college guy" huh. I think you're jealous that I'm more intelligent than you and have a degree now. :) See, BJ can play this game, too!

Posted by Lord of Spam

The proverbial gauntlet is down.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

just ****es me off that hardheads like him give decent soldiers a bad name.

Posted by specopssv44

Hey bj its not all about following orders, Its about core values, taking care of your brothers, taking initiative, and making sure things get done. One of the best things about being a Marine is the fact that low level unit leaders are encouraged to make big descions on a regular basis. As a team leader, its pretty much up to me how, and where I want to employ my weapon. There have been times someone with much higher rank for example said "Set the gun up here", (in, what I felt at least was a poor position), So all I had to do was say "Sir, I think the weapon would be much more effective over here", the usual response is "Ok go for it".
Just the same as its wrong for me to make drastic assumptions about you, or really anyone heres character, its unfair for you to judge mine. Im proud of what I do. I love my Job, no calling it a "Job" doesnt do it justice, its a way of life, and I am content with it. I know plenty of Marines that have no problem "just following orders" who are "****bags". And at the same time, I know a bunch of Marines that are constantly in trouble for not following orders who are great Marines. I dont know what college is like, and no I dont have a degree, so it would be retarded for me to try and tell you what kind of student you are.... do I KNOW plenty of people in college? Yes. Do I have a general Idea about what its like in college? Yes. Does that mean I can really say anything for sure about anyone in college? No. Its the same for you BJ. I grew up in a military familiy, had tons of friends before I joined, and had a pretty good idea what to expect, and it was still a completly different and new world to me.
Im not jealous of you because you have a degree, and I am not, contrary to popular belief and idiot, I just have anger issues. ( which I would like to note do not carry over into my work most of the time)
As for physical fittness I have no doubt you are probably in shape, but I seriously doubt you could run 4 to 6 miles four days a week at my pace, or go on a 3 mile ruck run, or hump a 240 and a pack 20 miles.
I know there are better Marines out there, Im still a relativly young Marine. The difference between you and I BJ is, while you grew up in a classroom, I am growing up in a Barracks. My time in the classroom will come, college is something I think I will invest in, because according to most of my friends its fun more than anything, but also because I seem to have a constant chip on my shoulder. People have a habit of telling me I cant do things, and I have a habit of getting it done out of spite.