The David Bowie Thread

Posted by Omni

I checked, and there has been no thread for David Bowie yet. A lot of people don't know what to make of him, but I happen to be a big fan of Bowie, even though the newest album by him that I have is Scary Monsters. He's made a lot of good music over the years, and he's been an influential musician, plus he's acted in a few movies, too.

Anyway, I was kind of hoping that people might share their opinions on Bowie. If you like him, tell me why and maybe list some songs of his that you enjoy. If you don't like him, tell me why and maybe list some songs by him that you don't like.

I like him because he's got a distinctive voice, he writes great lyrics, and he's created a lot of complex and unique music over the years. He may just be my absolute favorite singer, because nobody sounds like him!

Here's 10 songs by Bowie that I love:

1 "The Man Who Sold The World"
2 ""Heroes""
3 "Changes"
4 "Space Oddity"
5 "Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)"
6 "Fame"
7 "Ashes To Ashes"
8 "Rebel Rebel"
9 "Suffragette City"
10 "Fashion"

Yeah, I realize that I picked a lot of his most famous songs, but these are some of my favorites.

Posted by Stalolin

Man Who Sold the World, Fall Dog Bombs the Moon, Space Oddity, Ziggy Stardust, Diamond Dogs, and Sound and Vision are probably my favorites.

bowie is a man god

Posted by rivercitytecmo

my two favorites are "five years" and "new career in a new town".

then again, i don't think i've heard anything of his more recent than the "let's dance" album. i also don't think i'm missing much. besides, he has too large a back catalog to not browse through that first.

Posted by Omni

Oh, well. I guess that this one wasn't going to incite a crazy fervor. Still, David Bowie is awesome.