Real life BIONIC WOMAN!

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

No doubt this will pop up on the Intertubes shortly, if it hasn't already, but I just saw a news item, entirely by chance, that showed an ex-Marine with a functional bionic arm. She could even feel pressure.

It works by connecting the five nerves that run into your arm to your chest, letting them grow and root, and then attaching the arm to a pad of electrodes that register what the nerve impulses are doing. It's absolutely amazing stuff.

Source: http://www.itv.com/news/index_4c2504b3b850b98332cc153dc7b8203e.html AND http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/13/AR2006091302271.html

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

My dream of becoming a cyborg is now officially one step closer. This is excellent news.

Posted by The Judge

I fully concur. All I'd want to do is to punch someone then. Get that fake skin and totally surprise someone. Hell, even a long coat and a glove. I'd never be scared to get into a fight. I'd be like Will Smith from I, Robot.

But seriously, that's pretty f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking cool.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

As long as they don't add the ability to feel pain to these, I'd want one for the hell of it.

Posted by Klarth

I don't think you'd want to get into a fight with a slowly-moving sluggish artificial arm which can grasp objects and not much else :) Not gonna be long until they're more advanced, though.

Posted by The Judge

That's what I meant. I don't plan on losing a limb for a while, and my lifestyle generally warrants relative saftey against it.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I saw this on the news this morning. The bionic woman, and the bionic man shook hands. They where both laughing. I think it'd be kind of cute if the bionic man and woman got married.

*shanananananananana* sound

Posted by Kit

I saw this on the news earlier. I thought it looked pretty cool. It didn't say much, just that it runs on her thoughts. Which seems pretty cool.

Posted by Raptor

Sounds pretty gross. I'LL PASS.

Posted by Linko_16

Someday.

Quoted post: Sounds pretty gross. I'LL PASS.

Someday, man, they'll invent the possibility of splicing animal DNA into human beings. Just think, you could say "you took the words right out of my paws" and mean it. When that day comes, give me a call, man. I'll be right there with you getting some badass tiger legs.

Posted by Linko_16

... You don't take words out of paws or hands.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Linko_16: ... You don't take words out of paws or hands.

YOU DO IF YOU'RE A FURRY.

Neat stuff.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vampiro: Someday, man, they'll invent the possibility of splicing animal DNA into human beings. Just think, you could say "you took the words right out of my paws" and mean it. When that day comes, give me a call, man. I'll be right there with you getting some badass tiger legs.

Human/animal hybrids shall undoubtedly become a reality in the future. I can hardly wait for that day!

Posted by Hyper

Just think of the totally unethical testing innocent animals and humans alike would have to go through!

Posted by Linko_16

If that day ever comes, I am so getting a bad-@#$ tail.

Quoted post: Human/animal hybrids shall undoubtedly become a reality in the future. I can hardly wait for that day!

Man, I'll be a fox, and you be a wolf. It will be awe-inspiring.

Quoted post: ... You don't take words out of paws or hands.

Read up on your quotes, because apparently you do.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vampiro: Man, I'll be a fox, and you be a wolf. It will be awe-inspiring.

Sounds almost perfect. Though, for some reason, I feel you would make a much better cougar.

Quoting Vampiro: Read up on your quotes, because apparently you do.

Mouth, dude.

Posted by Fate

I'd want cat eyes. :)

Posted by GameMiestro

I want to know how they power that thing.

EDIT: Heck, if I had a bionic arm, I would love to have an extendable arm like Bender in Futurama. The thought of cheating every vending and crane machine in the country almost makes me drool. The thought of having my arm amputated does not.

Posted by jefferey shalome

......i could make a really stupid fma joke here, but i wont.

Quoted post: Sounds almost perfect. Though, for some reason, I feel you would make a much better cougar.

Oh ****, I would have never even thought about a cougar. You, sir, are a genius.

Quoted post: Mouth, dude.

Oh really? The saying is "you took the words right out of my mouth"? No way! But maybe I'm speaking of a certain quote... a quote I already mentioned. One posted by Raptor that goes a lot like this: "You took the words right out of my paws." Yeah, possibly. but lol, idk

Posted by Kit

Since we're talking human/animal hybrids. I'd actually love to have wings, maybe of an Albatross or some sort of bird with large wings. The thought of flying like a bird seems to be magnificent.

Except it's most likely impossible. Even with a set of wings.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, humans are too heavy for that. Even if it could work, they'd be so big it'd just be totally impractical for the rest of your life.

... There was an episode of Batman Beyond about crap like this.

Posted by GameMiestro

You don't have to have functioning wings, just have "gliders", like Batman's cape, that you can extend and solidify from your body. That sounds fairly possible.

Except he wants wings capable of flying like a bird... because it's magnificent.