Random job rant

Posted by Poison

*** I hate MG Trading. I work in a bank, which closed at 4pm weekday. From 4pm to 5pm, we do all the money proofing (which is making sure that the money in my register matches the money on the computer, which matches the records shown on my supervisor’s screen). MG Trading is a private business that sells and buys produce. At 3:55, MG Trading comes in with bags of cash holding over 90k of unsorted, very messy cash of ones, fives, tens, and twenty bills. Counting MG trading’s cash alone takes a little over 45 minutes, sorting that much cash will take way over an hour.

You must be thinking, “Well, over time pay must be good right?” If you are thinking that, you are sadly mistaking. As a part timer at the bank, I don’t get benefits such as over time pay (which is 150% of what I normally get paid with). Because of MG Trading, I get to stay in the bank for one to two hours longer, counting and sorting their dirty crappy money. Do you know what happens when you count and sort dirty bills for too long? Your nose gets very stuffy, and your eyes get red and itchy. So there I am, along in the bulletproof platform, surrounded by all this money, and tearing up.

So why should I get ****ed off at MG Trading? Maybe they were stuck in a traffic jam? I’m ****ed at them because they come to the bank three times a week, and all of those three times, they always come after 3:50pm. It gets to the point when my co-workers know it is time for them to go just because MG trading comes in. Someone once told me counting money is one of the greatest pleasures in life; that person is an idiot. So here I am now, in the bank and knowing that I won’t get to go home at my normal time again because MG Trading will once again make that large deposit right before the bank closes.

Posted by The Judge

I would never work overtime if I didn't get extra money for it.

Posted by mis0

Rob MG Trading. When they come up to the counter with their dirty nasty cash, pull out a gun and just shoot them, take the money and set fire to it, and then run away.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I would never work overtime if I didn't get extra money for it.

I have and will again, especially this following week when I start my new job. It looks **** good and shows your employers you're dedicated to the job, not the money. The trick is not letting them take advantage of you, because if they discover they can get you to work for a lot less money, they'll use you like a whore. Or a beaner. whatevs.

Posted by The Judge

Everyone at my job knows d[COLOR="black"]a[/COLOR]mned well I only work for the money.

More of a general statement, rather than a case-by-case

Posted by The Judge

No, f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck you.

Will do.

Posted by The Judge

I never understood the logistics of turning "f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck you" into a verb. Who's doing the f[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]cking?

Cause, you know, such sayings are meant to be taken literally right?

Posted by The Judge

Yes

Posted by Lord of Spam

I got not only over time today, but nonproductive hours as well (i.e. doesnt count for comission). yay!