Resiident Wiivil (sorry)

Posted by Speedfreak

Some new details have emerged for the Resident Evil Wii project:

[quote]
First of all, we are sorry for the delay in posting this news. With all this excitement regarding the Nintendo conferences, we seem to have let some news slip by us. We would like to apologise for this.

However, lets get down to business. It turns out that some info about the much anticipated Resident Evil Wii, or Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, as it has been officially named. With some of us were worried that this title may turn out to be like the ***-awful Gun Survivor Series, this latest info has somewhat eased our thoughts. Take a gander, yourself.

-The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).
[I]
-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.

-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.

-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.

-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.

[B]-All characters will have m

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I hope that after you beat the game you can play as any character in any scene.

Posted by TendoAddict

HEY! That just might answer the whole

"What is that game between Galaxy and Trama? It kinda looks like RE4."

I had in the other topic.

Thanks for the info. If it Handles like RE4 then its probably gonna be great.

But then what are they using for RE5? Everyone said RE4 was the best thing that happened to the Series. Are they doing some thing different?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I don't think any solid details are available on 5 yet. My guess is that they'll go for the same controls as in 4. It would be interesting for them to develop a game so that either set of controls could work, though, and make them options.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Sounds... interesting. I'll give them that. Definitely not what I expected. Not exactly what I wanted either. But ****, I know I'm going to buy it love it anyways.

Posted by Fate

Hopefully it's a "must buy".

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]COOLIO!!

The game sounds like a prologue or retelling of the RE story so far, filling many plotholes along the way. It's a great build-up to the main dish which is the much anticipated Resident Evil 5.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Sounds interesting. It seems like a larger Mercenaries than a brand new game. Which isnt too bad.

Posted by muffla

It seems like they are trying to tie up alot of loose ends. Do you think that the RE series could be comming to and end?

That would suck!

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bebop]Sounds interesting. It seems like a larger Mercenaries than a brand new game. Which isnt too bad.

That;'s what I thought, but it isn't. It's the size of a full game, and there's more more emphasis on ammo conservation and planning ahead than in RE4.

Now the Arcade mode is just a huge version of Mercenaries.