ZELDA

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm so sorry for posting something that has been already posted in the zelda boards, but I just have to say.

Zelda looks like SHadow of the Colossus, and that makes me bust fifteen nuts.[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/732/732722/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082135161.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Zelda looked like that long before sony even made ico. Play Ocarina of Time.

Posted by TendoAddict

Sorry but not really impressive. I can go through random gallerys and pick a better shot out.

Posted by Drewboy64

I know, OOT is quite impressive, but TP;s field looks so much more vast and sexy. I know the shot itself might not be the best, but it reminded me alot of SOTC and that makes me happytacular.

Edit: Actually, no. That screenshot is ****ing beautiful an you ****ing know it.

Posted by maian

Zelda is looking more amazing by the minute. I can't wait. At all. :(

The Master Sword excites me, and seeing what looks like ruins of the Temple of Time. This game will amaze.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I like how people say "Zelda reminds me of SotC," it's cute.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: I like how people say "Zelda reminds me of SotC," it's cute.

...uh what?
you mean beacuse OOT came out before SotC or something?
Well, going around in hyrule field wasnt as expasnive as SotC or anything, so...

Posted by Zeta

Huh. I kind of expected the Hyrule Field map to be a little more... open, like in OoT.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's like Shadow of the Colossus...EXCEPT THE WORLD ACTUALLY HAS SOMETHING IN IT.

If anything it's like Wind Waker

...with land.

But yeah, SotC is a crap attempt at Hyrule for this generation. SotC is OoT on Red Bull, this is OoT on steroids.

I'm still rather upset that Link's right-handed in this game. I know he's a different member of the bloodline of Links among all the lefties in the family, but during the entire game I'm going to have an itching feeling that something isn't quite right about it (pun intended).

Posted by maian

Eh. The odds of a direct bloodline having a left handed everytime is pretty small anyway. :)

I don't care. The game looks better like this, anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

As far as I know you can make him switch hands. Nothing stops you switching hands with the controllers anyway.

Posted by Drewboy64

im glad hes right handed. Because... I don't know.
But his giant master sword is awesome.

Any sword-swinging game worth it's salt on the Wii should have the option to switch hands. My left is my sword hand.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Well, going around in hyrule field wasnt as expasnive as SotC or anything, so...

It's more of a comment on the various times I've heard people talk about any Zelda game like it's a rip-off of SotC. Plus, it was expansive... but it was empty. Boring.

Posted by Drewboy64

People are talking about how they mirroed the entire game for the right handedness, and they are making such a big deal out of it. But think about it: it doesn't affect anything becuase you didn't play the leftie version first, so it WON'T be like playing MIrror Mode on mario kart, where you aren't used to it. Also, it won't affect pacing or the meticulously designed levels becuase they are reversed, and in no other way altered.

Posted by maian

They mirrored the entire game? Are you sure? Wouldn't they be able to just edit the Link render/sprite/model/whatever, and use that instead of the original?

Posted by Drewboy64

No, cause there are things they have to flip, like handshaking or door oepning, I guess it'd be too much troubel to go through and hcange every single thing in such an expasnive thing.

Posted by wii

i love how the game looks can't wait to play it.i wish they would release it today

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Drewboy64: No, cause there are things they have to flip, like handshaking or door oepning, I guess it'd be too much troubel to go through and hcange every single thing in such an expasnive thing.

Or, alternatively, they could simply change those specific animations. I severely doubt they flipped everything, dude.

Posted by maian

Wow, it was mirrored. I've found several articles, but I closed them out and I'm too lazy to get them again. :)

Well that's interesting. And that means people can stop whining about Link being right handed, because it's confirmed the GC version isn't mirrored. That gives me more incentive to play it on GC and Wii. How weird will it be to play Zelda a month later, mirrored?

So...the Wii version takes place in an alternate universe (two alternate universes, I suppose) from the GAMECUBE version, where Link grew up properly left-handed? Wacky.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Zeta: Huh. I kind of expected the Hyrule Field map to be a little more... open, like in OoT.

Well im hoping the field in Twilight Princess will be really open, and have good appeal, because sometimes i fell like just straping on Epona and going for a brisk gallop.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Klarth: Or, alternatively, they could simply change those specific animations. I severely doubt they flipped everything, dude.

I'm quite sure it's confirmed they mirrored it; it would take too much time to go through everything and flip them, like doors, people, etc.

It doesn't matter, though. You can look at a picutre of a person reversed and not realise it has been reversed till you've seen the actual picture.

Quoting Drewboy64:
It doesn't matter, though. You can look at a picutre of a person reversed and not realise it has been reversed till you've seen the actual picture.

Heh. Watch the old Ninja Turtles cartoon. They did that plenty, except it was bad because the turtles had letters on their belts! They also frequently had the wrong color on, or just had the wrong turtle moving his mouth to another's voice actor.