G-Sides Misuses Moderator Power

Posted by Darkbackward

Hello staff of vgchat.com. I would like to report the moderator G-Sides for abusing his/her power on these forums. I made a post directly contributing to a conversation being held and my post was deleted without fair warning to me. I cannot fathom the reason behind this besides the fact that I used the word "noob" in my post. This was clearly in jest, and easily removable if I had been properly asked by the Abusive G-Sides, however, he quickly deleted it for being what? On topic? To the point? Or because he is biased towards certain members on the forum board and he is biased towards certain gaming platforms. He was cavalier in his moderator powers and I would like to see retribution for his actions. Because of this I am now forced to save all my posts so the truth can be heard. I'm willing to hear G-sides argument, but given the facts, I find it hard that his NOOB *pikachu* action would be appropiate.

[URL=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=1232&page=3]Abusive action[/URL] Thank you protoman for reminding me to do that. Again, I don't have the post saved, but it was clearly not on grounds for deletion, and I deserve warning before that happens. He delete the post and put "Shut up" on it, why? Because I was making a point, and that is CLEARLY dangerous. I posted below the abusive action as well.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Darkbackward: Hello staff of vgchat.com. I would like to report the moderator G-Sides for abusing his/her power on these forums. I made a post directly contributing to a conversation being held and my post was deleted without fair warning to me. I cannot fathom the reason behind this besides the fact that I used the word "noob" in my post. This was clearly in jest, and easily removable if I had been properly asked by the Abusive G-Sides, however, he quickly deleted it for being what? On topic? To the point? Or because he is biased towards certain members on the forum board and he is biased towards certain gaming platforms. He was cavalier in his moderator powers and I would like to see retribution for his actions. Because of this I am now forced to save all my posts so the truth can be heard. I'm willing to hear G-sides argument, but given the facts, I find it hard that his NOOB *pikachu* action would be appropiate.

Question, which thread did this take place?

Posted by Darkbackward

Thank you for reminding me to do that.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Post's added back.*

As for respect, I lost that years ago!!!!! :D:D:D

[quote]

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Nintendo's got at least 4, db. Microsoft's got to have somewhere near a trillion.

Nope. [URL=http://evan.quuxuum.org/bgnw.html]Noob pwnage[/URL] [URL=http://philip.greenspun.com/WealthClock]More Noob Pwnage[/URL]

Snippit Pwnage: "the Gates' are worth a net $46 billion"
Source: [URL=http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2003-11-21-big-gates-charity-total_x.htm]I love noobs, wait, no I don't. DIE[/URL]

Yall are all noobs, 1 trillion dollars is NOT possible to own at this point in time, That will probably be impossible until the next century.

Nintendo is worth 4 billion dollars? Really? I can believe that, but that doesn't mean that shigeru miyamoto has 4 billion dollars hidden behind a bong. That is their total worth.

Microsoft's 20 billion (2003) pwnage also applies. I seriously doubt Bill Gates is willing to put 4 billion into the xbox, simply because I don't think he has that money to spend. Alot of it is invested in the company and in other projects, if he's only worth 100 billion (at most), dang, that would be like his whole yearly expense (2003).

But Coarse, 1. Trillion. Dollars. That is just ridiculous, and you know it.

BTW, you have hurd of the greedy bastards in Washington, aka the US government. They have trillions of dollars!!!!

Posted by Proto Man

Actually, DB, that original post could be taken as flaming. IMO it would merrit warning, but not deletion.

Posted by Alastor

I find this very, VERY ironic.

[QUOTE=Darkbackward's sig]What G-Sides did was innapropriate and now he is officially a super NOOB. There was nothing wrong in my post, and G-Sides knew it. Like Khao Der Gesund says "Moderators: stop acting like children", alot of you need that checked into your head.

Oh, but of course. Whining about the matter really solves it, as well as prove your own maturity. Well done! =)

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Darkbackward: He was cavalier in his moderator powers and I would like to see retribution for his actions. Because of this I am now forced to save all my posts so the truth can be heard. I'm willing to hear G-sides argument, but given the facts, I find it hard that his NOOB *pikachu* action would be appropiate.

Then why the hell couldn't you have just PMed him and not made a huge deal about it? If that's what he did, it's HIS problem. Yeah, you want to see retribution for his actions... it's not like any of us other mods have to care. But, if you insist on letting everyone else know about a post of yours he deleted and how much he's "abusing his power," then so be it. Sure, he might've done something that you didn't agree with, but you could have at least PMed him about it without making it some kind of big dramatic event. Sheesh.

Posted by maian

You're an idiot, okay? First of all, you're making too much of a fuss. If a post gets deleted, you DON'T GET A WARNING BEFOREHAND. "Yeah, so, you're making a crappy post there. I'm gonna delete it soon :o"

I love how you go on about this, because you then preceded to make a pointless post crying about abuse. Now that IS spam. By the way, do you even know what a noob is? You are completely overrusing it, in a completely unnecessary manner.

There are plenty of reasons he couldv'e deleted that post. Like said, it could be called flaming, calling everyone "noobs", even though you clearly don't know how to use the word.

Anyhow, it's One. Freaking. Post. That is just ridiculous, and you know it.

Posted by G-Sides

[QUOTE=Darkbackward]I made a post directly contributing to a conversation being held and my post was deleted without fair warning to me.

Wow, and you call me a n00b?

[quote]I cannot fathom the reason behind this besides the fact that I used the word "noob" in my post.

Not really. When you use the words "n00b" and "pwn" as many times as you did, it is, like someone else said, basically a flame. It's also just plain out stupid.

[quote]Abusive G-Sides

I like how one proper deletion of spam can earn me that title.

[quote]he is biased towards certain gaming platforms.

Dude, I own all three of the major consoles right now.

I'm glad Jesse posted it. Now everyone can see your perfectly harmless, perfect post you made. :)

Posted by Jesse Smith

er maian, remember [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=1638]this thread???[/url]

Remember, you want us to be NICE to the n00bies!!!!

[quote=maian]
Video Game Chat is eroding. I remember, when I first registered here, everyone was kind, noobs were accepted, and the rules were lighter. Needless to say, it was an enjoyable place to spend my time online on. Over time, I got attatched and spent my time here. Now, I find it hard to leave.

Back when I registered, I broke many rules. I was a noob more obnoxious than many we have now. Seriously. When I did something wrong, I got a kind response from a fellow member, telling me not to do it next time. I abided by these friendly warnings, and now, look at me.

Let's cut the crap, and make VGC a decent place where we can learn to be friends and not be complete rule nazis.

I know, I know, it's very hard to NOT flame the n00bies, since they provide the entertainment here, and are the reason this place never dies when ever we get hacked!!! :D:D:D:D

For you non mods, there was also a poll with it....

Lighten up?
Yes 6
No 1

Remember, mods and wacko admins have to set the example first!!! Even I rarly ever flame (Notice I'm very nice to the n00bies. :D:D:D )!!! I have fun with them instead!!!!! For example, with Night Owl. I kept praising him for being a n00bie and told him he should teach ME how to get flamed, and I never stoped those war threads!!!! Heck I was so nice to him that I even gave him 666 reputation points, and made him a mod so he couldn't be banned!!! :D:D:D:D Just stay on my good side!!!! :D:D:D:D Ie, don't be like Khao

Posted by Darkbackward

Ahh, all the moderators have gained up on me for being such a stupid idiot. In the end, it doesn't really matter. I was just kidding about the noobie stuff and thought it would lighten up moods against me for being so "stubborn" as the demon du jour for vgc. Instead of deleting my post which seemed like nothing more than a "hey, I don't like you or your ideas" deletion, you could've pmed me and said "hey, I don't like all that noob chat" or "hey, please edit your post".

And truthfully, even though I clearly WAS NOT flaming, it was considered by the circle of moderators (bow to them, ants) as flame. I still was on point and on topic and I made a good point. If you don't PM before deleting, then you definetly should incorporate that, as you clearly disrespected the rules in doing so this time. No you didn't? Well Jesse Smith made it right, and G-sides is nothing without Jesse Smith, so I guess you did.

But just for you I'll edit my post so as not to have the word "noob" in it. But that would not show people what an idiot I am? Then isn't that saying that you would rather have people view me as an idiot (in your eyes, at least) as opposed to fixing an evil that I have committed?

Think about that. Thank you Jesse Smith, and to all the moderators who abuse their power through avoiding the language filters and deleting posts like it's their forums to do it in, well, thank you too, because I'm the happiest man in the world :type:

Posted by Gollum

I think that some of you may be missing the point of this board. It is a complaint board, and Darkbackward had a complaint. He probably would have been more effective to PM G-Sides, but it certainly isn't spam to complain here. He had an issue with a moderator who he felt was deleting his post for no reason, and as such has a right to complain. I don't think his purpose in making this post was to get G-Sides demoded, but rather to get an answer out of G-Sides explaining why the post was deleted, other than the one he's already provided explaining that "noob" and "pwn" in large quantities constitute a flame, so until that time when G-Sides can give a good reason, I am with Darkbackward.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Irrelevant: I think that some of you may be missing the point of this board. It is a complaint board, and Darkbackward had a complaint. He probably would have been more effective to PM G-Sides, but it certainly isn't spam to complain here. He had an issue with a moderator who he felt was deleting his post for no reason, and as such has a right to complain.

I may be wrong, and I'm not trying to correct you or anything, but I thought the "Complaints" part of this forum was for complaints concerning the board in general, not just one person.

If it was to one person in general, I think it'd be better suited for a PM. =/

Also, it's not our job to warn or inform someone when we delete their posts. And, far as I remember, that doesn't have anything to do with the actual rules of the forum. If it is spam or a post that is violating the rules, we're gonna delete it. Hell, that's what we're here for.

The post might not have actually been spam or flaming to some, but if a moderator/super moderator sees a post and believes it to be so, more likely than not he/she's going to delete it rather than let it sit there.

Quoted post: and to all the moderators who abuse their power through avoiding the language filters and deleting posts like it's their forums to do it in

News flash: ANYONE can dodge the language filters. It's not a moderator only thing. -_-
And, as I said before, it's our job to delete posts in the forum we moderate that we see as spam/flaming or ones that have been reported as such. It's what we do, and it's why there are even moderators in the first place.

[quote]BE LIKE ME. BE AWESOME.

'kay. :o

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Irrelevant: but rather to get an answer out of G-Sides explaining why the post was deleted, other than the one he's already provided explaining that "noob" and "pwn" in large quantities constitute a flame, so until that time when G-Sides can give a good reason, I am with Darkbackward.

Dude, he didn't have to make a point like that while making the other guy look like a total idiot. It was a very unneccesary thing to add to the post, do0d.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting G-Sides: Dude, he didn't have to make a point like that while making the other guy look like a total idiot. It was a very unneccesary thing to add to the post, do0d.

I'm readin ur **** dude but that's not fly. All you said earlier in this thread was that he said "noob" and "pwn" a lot, which (to me at least) seems to create an image of general stupidity and uncreativity, not an insult. Just how offensive was this post anyway? I doubt that if it was a bunch of internet slang, it wasn't particularly offensive. :/

Posted by G-Sides

It doesn't matter if the guy was actually offended or not, man, the guy was randomly flaming for no reason at all, and you know the post could've done without "n00b pwnage lol die n00bz!"

Posted by Gollum

You missed my point. For a flame to be accepted as a flame, it has to be to some degree offensive. If it isn't offensive in any way, it isn't a real flame. And if it isn't a real flame, and it isn't spam, then it shouldn't be deleted. Now, since you seem to have defined his "flame" as excessive use of "pwn" and "noob", which are not offensive terms, it shouldn't be deleted. If you could come up with a real excuse, I might change stances, but for now your reason is invalid and so I don't accept it.

Posted by Spam Shady

Quoting Darkbackward: Hello staff of vgchat.com. I would like to report the moderator G-Sides for abusing his/her power on these forums. I made a post directly contributing to a conversation being held and my post was deleted without fair warning to me. I cannot fathom the reason behind this besides the fact that I used the word "noob" in my post. This was clearly in jest, and easily removable if I had been properly asked by the Abusive G-Sides, however, he quickly deleted it for being what? On topic? To the point? Or because he is biased towards certain members on the forum board and he is biased towards certain gaming platforms. He was cavalier in his moderator powers and I would like to see retribution for his actions. Because of this I am now forced to save all my posts so the truth can be heard. I'm willing to hear G-sides argument, but given the facts, I find it hard that his NOOB *pikachu* action would be appropiate.

[URL=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=1232&page=3]Abusive action[/URL] Thank you protoman for reminding me to do that. Again, I don't have the post saved, but it was clearly not on grounds for deletion, and I deserve warning before that happens. He delete the post and put "Shut up" on it, why? Because I was making a point, and that is CLEARLY dangerous. I posted below the abusive action as well.

w0w. Your such a cry baby :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Posted by Shade

These complaints lately have been absolutely stupid. First Drax, starting World War III over an avatar. And now DB with his one deleted post. Which actually had a feasible reason for deletion. Congrats you two! You're the two biggest whiners on the site!

Posted by mis0

I don't knbow about that. Drax's complaint seemed legit enough. And Majesty vs. AA also seems to hold some legitimacy. The thing is, though, that simply complaining without offering a solution isn't really going to get you anywhere, which is the basic problem with all complaints on VGC right now.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Irrelevant: You missed my point. For a flame to be accepted as a flame, it has to be to some degree offensive. If it isn't offensive in any way, it isn't a real flame. And if it isn't a real flame, and it isn't spam, then it shouldn't be deleted. Now, since you seem to have defined his "flame" as excessive use of "pwn" and "noob", which are not offensive terms, it shouldn't be deleted. If you could come up with a real excuse, I might change stances, but for now your reason is invalid and so I don't accept it.

You're missing my point, too. I'm not saying that using the words 'pwn' and 'n00b' themselves are flames, but how he used them in his post makes them flames. "n00b pwnage, haha die n00bs, etc."

Posted by Shade

[quote=Khaos]I don't knbow about that. Drax's complaint seemed legit enough. And Majesty vs. AA also seems to hold some legitimacy.

See, on of the things in Drax's complaint was that some people though that it wasn't implying a sex-like scene. However, if you look at the URL to where the picture is from, it has "impsex" in the URL.

Majest vs. AA is the only one which I see as ligit. AA deleted one of his posts for what seems to be no distinct reason other than they have a feud going on right now.

Posted by Draxamus

I've reviewed his post, and I don't think it should have been deleted. While he used a few "noob" insults in the very beginning of his post, most of his post was legitimate, and he was expressing legitimate points. G-Sides made a bad decision there, and I think he should give more thought to what posts he deletes.

To Alastor:
"I may be wrong, and I'm not trying to correct you or anything, but I thought the "Complaints" part of this forum was for complaints concerning the board in general, not just one person.

If it was to one person in general, I think it'd be better suited for a PM. =/"

For the record, I was the one who asked Jesse Smith to make this a complaints forum. What I said in the PM was this:

"Just wondering if you'd change the "Board help, and Suggestions Forum" into the "Board Help, Suggestions, and Complaints Forum." So the old meaning of the board wouldn't change, but members would have a place to raise grievances too."

This board should be a place to raise any sort of grievance, whether against a single moderator, or against the message board in general.

To Shade:

"See, on of the things in Drax's complaint was that some people though that it wasn't implying a sex-like scene. However, if you look at the URL to where the picture is from, it has "impsex" in the URL."

You failed to take in my old thread in its entirety. I won't get into the whole explanation here though, as that was what another (NOW DELETED) thread was meant for.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Draxamus: I've reviewed his post, and I don't think it should have been deleted. While he used a few "noob" insults in the very beginning of his post, most of his post was legitimate, and he was expressing legitimate points. G-Sides made a bad decision there, and I think he should give more thoguht to what posts he deletes.

Hollah. Thank you for understanding, I clearly was not attacking anyone, and my point was legitimate. I wasn't excessive in my use of the word in the bottom half of what I was saying. And, like I said, moderators should warn before deleting something that CLEARLY has legitimacy. Thanks for understanding.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting G-Sides: You're missing my point, too. I'm not saying that using the words 'pwn' and 'n00b' themselves are flames, but how he used them in his post makes them flames. "n00b pwnage, haha die n00bs, etc."

"die noobs" is a flame?

Posted by Darkbackward

Exactly. He was doing it to protect people, he did it because he felt like it.

Quoting G-Sides: Dude, he didn't have to make a point like that while making the other guy look like a total idiot. It was a very unneccesary thing to add to the post, do0d.

Ok, first of all, i've been called a moron, an idiot, and such by the very same people. These are the circle of people I talk to on these forums, me calling them noobs was a counter attack and it was clearly used in light. Coarse Limely knows he's the tightest zelda player around, that's been proven, whenever we get at each other's throats we also seem to back off. This noob stuff is clearly viewed as jest, and if you delete my post then you should delete posts that call me an idiot or a fanboy, those posts never get deleted.

Also, I understand a large portion of the moderators will back each other up, but the fact that other moderators and Jesse himself (which makes all you people void) helped me out only goes to show how its easy to twist things into what they want. And since their is clear dispute, why can you not trust me in saying that what I said was not "flaming" or deliberately attacking anyone. Disagree? Then find every post calling me, and others, idiots, fanboys, and morons. If you delete all those posts, or make people change those posts, then I will see your point. But until then the only thing that defines this action is abuse of power.

Also, the judge (mod) handed out a de rep that had nothing to do with a person's forum post. It's in the playstation forum under Grand theft auto, San Andreas. I counter repped for some justice.

Posted by Hyper

[quote]
Ahh, all the moderators have gained up on me for being such a stupid idiot. In the end, it doesn't really matter. I was just kidding about the noobie stuff and thought it would lighten up moods against me for being so "stubborn" as the demon du jour for vgc. Instead of deleting my post which seemed like nothing more than a "hey, I don't like you or your ideas" deletion, you could've pmed me and said "hey, I don't like all that noob chat" or "hey, please edit your post".

Please, that's one of the most 'hey, I screwed up, I better say I was kidding to look better and save my ***'-screaming posts I've ever read.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Hyper: Please, that's one of the most 'hey, I screwed up, I better say I was kidding to look better and save my ***'-screaming posts I've ever read.

Hahahahahahahah. It wasn't a flame post, as you can see it had a point to it. Thus making it revelant, and clearly not a flame. I also wasn't attacking anyone, I was jesting. Like I said, if you think calling people noobies is flaming, then you should start deleting the morons, idiots, fanboys, losers, etc. Or else you would be hypocritical and my point would totally be proved. The fact that you said that I think I screwed up shows how much you really know about anything, and that's nothing. I typed in noobie for the links, and I provided a valid point.

I DID NOT SCREW UP. The only way I could've is if you had a regular cycle of deleting posts that jest at other forum members, which would make these forums stale.

I do NOT apologize, I did NOT violate rules set forth by the ADMINISTRATOR of the forums.

I'm done on this subject, thank you Jesse Smith and all who weren't afraid to say that what I posted wasn't wrong (my point goes further when you have the fact that G-Sides said "Wow, Shut up": instead of saying, don't flame, he was indicating that he did not want my point to be heard) and a big you know what to all the moderators who live and die for each other because they are so awesomely awesome.

Mods who De Rep without considering the post written will be fought, btw.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Darkbackward: Hahahahahahahah. It wasn't a flame post, as you can see it had a point to it. Thus making it revelant, and clearly not a flame. I also wasn't attacking anyone, I was jesting. Like I said, if you think calling people noobies is flaming, then you should start deleting the morons, idiots, fanboys, losers, etc. Or else you would be hypocritical and my point would totally be proved. The fact that you said that I think I screwed up shows how much you really know about anything, and that's nothing. I typed in noobie for the links, and I provided a valid point.

I DID NOT SCREW UP. The only way I could've is if you had a regular cycle of deleting posts that jest at other forum members, which would make these forums stale.

I do NOT apologize, I did NOT violate rules set forth by the ADMINISTRATOR of the forums.

I'm done on this subject, thank you Jesse Smith and all who weren't afraid to say that what I posted wasn't wrong (my point goes further when you have the fact that G-Sides said "Wow, Shut up": instead of saying, don't flame, he was indicating that he did not want my point to be heard) and a big you know what to all the moderators who live and die for each other because they are so awesomely awesome.

Mods who De Rep without considering the post written will be fought, btw.

You screwed up by making this excuse for a thread. You should have sent a PM to Jesse or a super mod and let them deal with it rather than make a fool of yourself posting this.

Posted by G-Sides

[QUOTE=Darkbackward]It wasn't a flame post, as you can see it had a point to it.

So flames can't have a point to them?

[quote]I also wasn't attacking anyone
__
[quote]Noob pwnage
[quote]More Noob Pwnage
[quote]I love noobs, wait, no I don't. DIE
[quote]Yall are all noobs

If you didn't have intentions of attacking anyone, then you wouldn't have posted like that.

[quote]if you think calling people noobies is flaming

For like the tenth time, it wasn't the fact you called him a n00b, it was how you posted and used it in your post.

[quote]The fact that you said that I think I screwed up shows how much you really know about anything, and that's nothing.

wtf?

[quote]I typed in noobie for the links

...which wasn't necessary

[quote]I'm done on this subject, thank you Jesse Smith and all who weren't afraid to say that what I posted wasn't wrong

Jesse sticks up for everyone.

[quote](my point goes further when you have the fact that G-Sides said "Wow, Shut up": instead of saying, don't flame, he was indicating that he did not want my point to be heard)

Tell me now; why the hell would I not want your point to be heard?

[quote]and a big you know what to all the moderators who live and die for each other because they are so awesomely awesome.

*oscar*

Posted by sniper

At this rate we are going to have every super mod removed. :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting G-Sides: Jesse sticks up for everyone.

Especially n00bies!!! :D:D:D None of the mods would of ever added that post back!! But I like n00bies, so I'm always on there side!!!! We need more N00bs here!!

I think we have a new definition of n00bies: Intelligent members that most people don't like.

pze no delete this post!!!! :D:D:D:D