$250 on November 19th

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

Various places are saying the same, but people question the legitimacy. But there you go.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Indeed. The common theory is that NYT just slapped a bunch of info together from various old Nintendo press releases. Wait for Nintendo's official announcement.

Posted by Ant

Indeed, I'll wait till tomorrow. But if this is true, I'm not too surprised. A price I won't mind paying :)

Posted by sniper

Article is updated.

It is official.

Posted by Klarth

So much for a global launch... US getting it before Japan? Uncanny.

WHEN THE HELL IS IT COMING OUT IN THE UK

Well, I'm a bit disappointed. I expected it earlier, for less, and with at least one other colour. I think I'll wait until the black Wii comes out...

Posted by Arcadios

I won't mind getting it in white, I actually like the "default" color of every system.
I hope I can get some money beforehand thou. =(

Posted by Kit

The price seems fair to me, still affordable, and cheaper than the 360 and PS3. I'm hoping to get one at Christmas, so it had better be released by then.

Quoted post: The price seems fair to me, still affordable, and cheaper than the 360

By fifty bucks.

Posted by Kit

Yup. I could use that money for something else.

I'm dissappointed in the price, too. Nintendo really could have made an impact at $199.99 instead of $249.99. Launching in October instead of November would have been a plus as well. All my hopes for this announcement were dashed against the rocks of mediocrity. I'm still as excited about the Wii as I ever have been for a new Nintendo system, but with all of the speculation and rumors about an October launch for less than $200, I feel let down.

Posted by TendoAddict

I was alos hopping for the lower 200's too. Plus a second controller is price. But theres some nice add ons and other things, I'll wait for christmas.

Posted by Drewboy64

Wii Information = ejaculation.

Quoting Drewboy64: Wii Information = ejaculation.

Albeit not one in which you are the participant.

Posted by Arcadios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Sports
"Wii Sports will be a launch title for Wii, and is a counterpart to Wii Music, and the recently announced Wii Motor Sports. As Wii Sports is part of Nintendo's campaign to target so-called "non-gamers", it will come bundled with the US version of the Wii Console. It also features simplified rules for the sports included, as well as a very bare-bones visual style, in order to emphasize the features of the Wii controller and the unique gameplay it enables"

Quoted post: Yup. I could use that money for something else.

Yeah, like a core 360.

Quoted post: it will come bundled with the US version of the Wii Console

Yes, and? Who cares about the rest of the world.

Posted by muffla

i will b at ebgames all day nov 18th
i know i wont be first but i will get one

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, like a core 360.

Yes, and? Who cares about the rest of the world.

The rest of the world, that's who. And who cares about them, anyway?

THIS IS GOING IN CIRCLES

I am not pleased with any of this information. I'm happy to know it but it's all very disappointing, as is the sad news that the additional controllers will cost 900 US dollars a piece.

Posted by Speedfreak

Cheaper than a 360 by the price of a game and about seven times more fun, and without the HD gimmicks. I don't see a problem here.

Posted by Kit

Not sure whether it's official, but the preorder price on this site is £149.99.

http://shopping.lycos.co.uk/search/nintendo_wii.html?stlcmpid=120022124

Quoted post: Cheaper than a 360 by the price of a game and about seven times more fun, and without the HD gimmicks. I don't see a problem here.

LOL SUBJECTIVITY YEAH!