Invader Zim i miss him

Posted by Soul Fire X

I am a big fan of Invader Zim and i really do miss him

If anyone wanted to know why invader Zim was cancelled it was because of his difference's to the other cartoon's.

Posted by Nevinyrral

I know what you mean, I really loved that show. =[

Posted by Trigger

I used to watch that show a lot but it got cancelled ages ago. The creator didn't want to continue to contract with the broadcasting stations (including paid television). There are 29 episodes that will never be seen, which is a shame really - why create them if you don't want anyone to see them? In any case, I was smart enough to get a whole stack of the episodes and burn them to CD, so I can still get my Invader Zim fix. If you search online, there are a few petitions going around to bring his return back. I have signed a few. Don't expect it to generate an instant reappearance of the show, though.

Posted by Boner

I have many episodes burned on CD. Zim rocks. Remember what Nickelodeon was like back in the 80's? Mr. Wizard's World, You Can't Do That On Television, and may others. Kids today just don't appreciate the origin of the slime. Kid's shows today suck!

Edited for reply to Trigger: Actually, I heard it was canceled in the US because Nick' felt it's content was inapropriate due to the 9/11 tragedy. Whatever the hell that means. Anyway, it's just what I heard.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Opeth: I have many episodes burned on CD. Zim rocks. Remember what Nickelodeon was like back in the 80's? Mr. Wizard's World, You Can't Do That On Television, and may others. Kids today just don't appreciate the origin of the slime. Kid's shows today suck!

I agree. Even through the 90's Nickelodeon was an awesome channel, but now all thats on is bland cartoons, extreamly queer little kid shows, and cheesy teen soaps that portray "high school life". The only reason I watch it nowadays is to hope to catch a rerun of Rocko's Modern Life or Ren and Stimpy.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting Trigger: I used to watch that show a lot but it got cancelled ages ago. The creator didn't want to continue to contract with the broadcasting stations (including paid television). There are 29 episodes that will never be seen, which is a shame really - why create them if you don't want anyone to see them? In any case, I was smart enough to get a whole stack of the episodes and burn them to CD, so I can still get my Invader Zim fix. If you search online, there are a few petitions going around to bring his return back. I have signed a few. Don't expect it to generate an instant reappearance of the show, though.

So THAT'S why it got cancelled... I had many theories. One of my dumbest theories was that the crew at Nickelodeon found out about Johnny (is it Johnny or Jimmy?) The Homicidal Maniac (I probably got the title wrong on that one). I figured that, since they found out about it, they got scared and took it off of the air. That theory was confusing, seeing as I don't know if the creator did Johnny first or not.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Another show that got cancelled for the wrong reasons. I became a fan of Invader Zim after it was off the air, but now i see why Nickelodeon didn't think it fit with the rest of their lineup. I hope it gets picked up by someone else, more than Zim, i miss Garr's goofyness. "What's dat dooooooo, what's dis doooooo".

Has anyone else read the comics Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? They're made by the creator of Invader so it has the same type of art style, but a much, much darker humor. Whether you like Invader Zim or not i recommend you to look for the comics on Ebay or something.[/COLOR]

Posted by Soul Fire X

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]
Has anyone else read the comics Johnny the Homicidal Maniac? They're made by the creator of Invader so it has the same type of art style, but a much, much darker humor. Whether you like Invader Zim or not i recommend you to look for the comics on Ebay or something.[/COLOR]

Yes The creator of Invader ZIm is Johven something he created johnny the homicidal Maniac And my friend says that cartoon is Hilarous!

My favourite Say Has to be : I seen a sqwurl /sorry cant spell it its not in australia / I seen A sqwuril and it goes like this [IMG]http://img209.exs.cx/img209/3885/girswuirel2vt.jpg[/IMG]

If you want to watch the lost episodes just but them of ebay there cheap

P:s If anyone wants a Invader Zim banner Pm me

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]His name is Jhonen Vasquez, and this is the kind of comedy you can expect from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comic (i hope i don't get in trouble for this):[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://bh.lahe.net/evestus/Images/Johnny_The_Homicidal_Maniac_1_p24.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Aioros]I hope it gets picked up by someone else, more than Zim, i miss Garr's goofyness. "What's dat dooooooo, what's dis doooooo".
His name is GIR, not Gar.

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]His name is Jhonen Vasquez, and this is the kind of comedy you can expect from the Johnny the Homicidal Maniac comic (i hope i don't get in trouble for this):[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://bh.lahe.net/evestus/Images/Johnny_The_Homicidal_Maniac_1_p24.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah... This is why my friend's parents don't allow comics in his house...

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Soul Fire X: I am a big fan of Invader Zim and i really do miss him

If anyone wanted to know why invader Zim was cancelled it was because of his difference's to the other cartoon's.

Also, it is because Nick found out about JTHM.

Which is good.

But Nick thinks its bad.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

I missed it too. Invader Zim was a good show to watch. It was very funny. Oh well, shows come and shows go.

Posted by Soul Fire X

Quoting Takuya Kanabara: I missed it too. Invader Zim was a good show to watch. It was very funny. Oh well, shows come and shows go.

but i really think this show shouldn't of gone they should at least make a show on gir. I think everyone would agree with me on that.

[IMG]http://img53.exs.cx/img53/9103/1046799045arymonkeys7rv.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by InuYasha gurl

I also liked Invader Zim. Thanks to SpongeBob SquarePants which isn't nearly as funny as Invader Zim took his place. Invader Zim rocked!

Quoting Soul Fire X: but i really think this show shouldn't of gone they should at least make a show on gir. I think everyone would agree with me on that.

*** no. Gir acting inane for half an hour would NOT be a good idea. It would be funny at first, but the novelty would wear off VERY quickly, thus making a short lived and quickly forgotten show. So, in laymans terms, NOT a good idea.

Posted by Soul Fire X

Quoting The_Essence_Vortex: *** no. Gir acting inane for half an hour would NOT be a good idea. It would be funny at first, but the novelty would wear off VERY quickly, thus making a short lived and quickly forgotten show. So, in laymans terms, NOT a good idea.

well i dont think i explained it well so ill say it again in more description

It would be good if they put on 5 min shows/ mini shows/ Of gir doing crazy stuff then people would not get bored of it and instead they would be wanting more

Quoting Soul Fire X: well i dont think i explained it well so ill say it again in more description

It would be good if they put on 5 min shows/ mini shows/ Of gir doing crazy stuff then people would not get bored of it and instead they would be wanting more

Okay. That would be a decent idea. However, it would ultimately lead to his own TV show and then the stuff I said would happen.

Posted by Twilight Chick

Invader Zim was so awesome.

Posted by Corrupt

Literally everyone I know loves the show and the characters, and even though I like the characters, too... I never did see the show. :( I know I'm deprived, yeah. Even though I haven't seen the show, I still know about Gir. Heheheh...

And don't worry about posting that picture, Aioros. I really like that kinda stuff anyway, and I've also been exposed to a bit of Happy Noodle Boy and JTHM. Happy Noodle Boy rocks, I must say.

Quoting Corrupt: Literally everyone I know loves the show and the characters, and even though I like the characters, too... I never did see the show. :( I know I'm deprived, yeah. Even though I haven't seen the show, I still know about Gir. Heheheh...

And don't worry about posting that picture, Aioros. I really like that kinda stuff anyway, and I've also been exposed to a bit of Happy Noodle Boy and JTHM. Happy Noodle Boy rocks, I must say.

Happy Noodle Boy? WTF? What is that? Is that a comic or a TV show from the guy who made JTHM and IZ or something?