If you've got the cash, buy Haste.

Posted by GameMiestro

Enough said. You need it, and you can get it in Rio Linda for 2000 gold. That Centaur boss can be brutally difficult without it.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Yes, that has got to be the coolest spell ever.

Posted by GameMiestro

UPDATE: If you have the cash, buy that Power Up spell. You REALLY need it.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

Attack Type Mana Attack is a worth while attack type to go with Power Ball. ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

It's nice and all... but it isn't that much better than Power Up attack.

EDIT: Holy crap, yes it is... it functions differently than Power Up, I see. I can get my Strength to 1700... I probably can beat that really tough monster you got rid of with this...

EDIT EDIT: You know, it wouldn't be very fair if you used Mana Attack against the Golem. You can't even buy the attack until after you've beaten him, and the only reason you have it is because you can warp anywhere.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

;) I probably still won't beat him until I hit past level 60 anywho. Even with Mana Attack, my hits are too wimpy half the time against Golem. That **** healing light and Materialize to Earth spell I gave him. GRRRR!!!!

I tried and lost because Golem kept selecting those spells.

I have to wait until I can speed up myself and pet and build up a bit more.

You must of had a really tough fight with that bastard.

edit: I finally beat Golem at level 59. Yes, I admit it. I cheated and used Mana Attack. It was the attack type I had set. I see what you mean about Golem being tough. He was. It would of been a lot tougher without Mana Attack. I may of had to wait past level 62.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Update: If you can buy spells that do damage on bots...buy them!!!!! And bomb your player with MAG!!!!

Posted by GameMiestro

I've noticed something. Unlike Power Up Attack, Mana Attack keeps going until the turn after you use it. Therefore, if you are able to attack multiple times in a row, you will keep adding on this 30% boost in strength.

In other words, if you were hasted, used Power Ball, killed your Pet and attacked the maximum possible 4 times in a row (yourself, skip over your dead pet, yourself, restart round, yourself, skip pet, yourself), you could boost a base attack of, say, 800 to well over 3000. I'm serious.

EDIT: The trick works on other stats, too! I can get my speed to over 1500 because of that move.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

It works somewhat like strike did in the demo game at GZE. Accept it has more power. Strike did the same thing. If you got two consecutive turns due to a much higher SPD than opponent, the attack type gained power. Particularly if you had good weapons.

Posted by GameMiestro

I just LOVE doing that. Combo!