Lupe Fiasco's Food And Liquor

Posted by Kamek

If you're a fan of good rap in general, get this album.

I just heard the entire thing track to track, and when was the last time you could say you heard a rap album with NO skip tracks. Quite possibly the best rap album to be released in years, I would definitely say 5 years from now, we'll be calling this a classic.

Every track is just on point completely. Hurts me Soul is one there, Real ft Sarah Green, and The Cool are just three great standout tracks. "The Emperor's Soundtrack" is just crazy in terms of flow.

This is an album I've been waiting for for over a year, and it really did give me goosebumps. I'm getting this when it drops on the 19th. I suggest any of you rap fans, to do the same.

Posted by brownoystercult

Where did you listen to it track by track then?

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Roinkz: Where did you listen to it track by track then?

It leaked. I know this may sound kind of nerdy, but I was in school anticipating this leak all day as I knew it would most likely come out today. I'm definitely getting the retail version though. First CD I'll buy, in about 6 years?

Posted by Arcadios

Wow......I'm getting this CD if it make Kamek break his 6 year long record.
I can't help but buy CD's even thou I can just download them. :(

Posted by Kamek

I listened to the on the A train on the way home, and oh man I'm REALLY liking the tracks "He Say She Say" and "The Emperor's Soundtrack". The wordplay on the latter is amazing. Also Arcadios, I know you're a Jay-z fan, he actually executive produced the album. He also appears on the track "Pressure" with a pretty decent verse, but Lupe definitely outshines him. For those saying hip-hop is dead, get this album. I haven't heard such good production track to track since "The Blueprint" or "Stillmatic".

Posted by Arcadios

If it matches albums like The Blueprints and Stillmatic then I'm definitely getting it.
What label is Lupe coming out in?
I would think it be under Kanye's label, G.O.O.D Music.

Posted by Shin-Ra

If you have the capability, upload this in the designated blog and I'll take a listen. I don't like rap too much, but I'll give this a shot. Just as long as it's not chopped and screwed, because I hate that and it's REALLY popular where I live (Port Arthur, Texas aka PAT ugh).

Posted by Kamek

I upped it Shin-Ra.

Posted by Raptor

Hip-hop has never been my passion, but I have also had very little exposure to the non-overcommercialized garbage. This is certainly a decent album, though, and has inspired my interest in probing the genre a little deeper.

Posted by Kamek

Conceptually, I really liked some of the songs off this album, especially "The Cool". It talks about a guy coming back from the dead to live another day in his life. I'll post up the lyrics later if anyone's interested as Lupe's flow can be a little complex for people who don't really listen to rap that often. I think he definitely had a lot of other strong tracks that oculd have made it to the album, so I was let down a bit, but this is the best hip-hop album I've heard in the past few years without a doubt.

I bought it on iTunes earlier today. It's absolutely amazing, I love it.

Posted by Kamek

I got the retail yesterday :). The inside book is so cool. I've heard two of the three bonus tracks before, but overall I'm happy with the first CD I've bought in 6 years.

Posted by Arcadios

I'm hooked on He Said, She Said and The Instrumental

Quoting Arcadios: I'm hooked on He Said, She Said and The Instrumental

It's actually "He Say She Say". And "Kick, Push" is still my favorite song by far.

Posted by Arcadios

Another track I'm hooked on is I Gotcha.

Posted by x.r0wney.x

i like that song kick push. good tune

Posted by CCorces1

this is actually a really good album, he's solid live too