Ubisoft adds another title to the launch lineup...

Posted by Klarth

http://wii.ign.com/articles/731/731810p1.html

Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

And holy ****, the graphics are the best I've seen on the system yet.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

... Wow, it looks really, really great. I'd still have a difficult time buying it knowing I'll probably get a better experience on the 360. But it's good to know third-parties are actually trying to make their games look fantastic.

Posted by Bebop

Looks nice but I'll get it for my 360.

Posted by TendoAddict

Dunno what to think, I think yay for wii but will the gmae trasnalte well to the WiiMote?

It Could be better then the 360 verson for all we know depending on its handleing.

Quoted post: It Could be better then the 360 verson for all we know depending on its handleing.

But it won't.

Posted by Bebop

I think he means in terms on controls. It's possible. UBI hasnt said how it will work.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]But it won't.

How do you figure?

Posted by Fate

Because the 360 has a standard control that most Splinter Cell vets are used to. Games like Splinter Cell don't call for Wii remote functionality, anyways. All I could think of is aiming. I like the precision I give it with the analogue. Even with a shell, somehow I think it will handle strangely on the Wii. :/

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Princess Fate]Because the 360 has a standard control that most Splinter Cell vets are used to.

Well if it works for the vets then theirs no need to change it
¬: Games like Splinter Cell don't call for Wii remote functionality, anyways.

None if a few of the games calls for the wii's functionality minus a few points. Mario galaxy could mostly be played on the game cube, red steal would probably operate on the GC too, Hell zeldas on both.

It not like genre's really needed Wii functionality, they wanted it.

[QUOTE]All I could think of is aiming. I like the precision I give it with the analogue. Even with a shell, somehow I think it will handle strangely on the Wii. :/

How about using the Num Chucks To make a chocking motion to interrogate people? Or doing a tossing motion to throw a distraction?

I honeslty think your not trying.

Posted by inequity

Graphics suck

Posted by Fate

I think using nunchucks would be retarded. I'm in no way stealthy, so I'd look like a **** fool flinging around nunchucks in some stealth virtual reality simulation, and so would other people. I like the idea of sitting down and carefully analyzing things on screen while playing Splinter Cell, and apparently so do most other people that are going to buy it.

Looks to me like you're not trying.
:/

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Because the 360 has a standard control that most Splinter Cell vets are used to. Games like Splinter Cell don't call for Wii remote functionality, anyways. All I could think of is aiming. I like the precision I give it with the analogue. Even with a shell, somehow I think it will handle strangely on the Wii.[/COLOR] :/

To be honest, you've traditionally demonstrated a lack of imagination when thinking of how games would handle on Wii, only to be proved wrong later. It's not about how much Splinter Cell "calls" for the remote. Obviously if it's a series that has it's roots in traditional controls it's not going to call for anything else. It's about what the controller can bring to Splinter Cell, in the same way that Zelda was enhanced by 3D when the series managed just fine without it.

Posted by Fate

I'm not saying it can't be done well, I'm just saying I'm getting it on the 360 because I'm used to being meticulous with the control system I was provided. I'm not too concerned what the remote can bring to Splinter Cell, since I can imagine the things that can be done with it. I'm still afraid I'll spaz out with the Wii remote on its own, so standard controller it is.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]I'm not too concerned what the remote can bring to Splinter Cell, since I can imagine the things that can be done with it.[/COLOR]

As I've said before, you've demonstrated a lack of imagination in this area. At least give it the benefit of the doubt before you find out how it'll actually play.

Quoted post: How do you figure?

It's actually missing a chunk of the missions. I'm a huge SC, so that just doesn't sit well with me. Also, knowing there's a version that looks better and will have amazing online functionality while I have one that looks good with no online or severely limited... I couldn't play it. The controls might be great, I can think of thousands of really neat tricks they could do, especially since SC is such a complex game control wise, but, I couldn't play it. I love the traditional controls and SC will always be a game meant for a traditional pad. I can guarantee you right now the Wii version will be really fun, but the 360 version will be amazing. The online will be great, the graphics will be beautiful, and the gameplay will reinvent just enough to keep it familiar while being fresh. That's what I want, and I know the 360 version will give it to me.

Plus, there's already enough Wii games I plan to buy at launch.

Quoted post: How about using the Num Chucks To make a chocking motion to interrogate people? Or doing a tossing motion to throw a distraction?

I honeslty dont think your not trying.

Thanks sounds dumb to me. The tumbler idea I'm cool with. It's actually quite neat, but those two, no thanks.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Princess Fate: I'd look like a **** fool flinging around nunchucks in some stealth virtual reality simulation. :/

You'd also look like a fool spending 600 dollars on a console. BURN!

And also, I can't tell if you think he means nunchucks in-game or not!

In-game. It's common knowledge Sam forgoes the knife and pistol for some sweet NUNCHAKU action in the upcoming Wii title.

Posted by s0ul

Psh, I know what he meant, Fate seems confused though, presumably because women are imcompetent.

(i am on a roll)

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: I think using nunchucks would be retarded. I'm in no way stealthy, so I'd look like a **** fool flinging around nunchucks in some stealth virtual reality simulation, and so would other people.

I ment the controller, I the second analog part is called the Nun-chuck. I just threw ideas out I didnt exspect them to awesome.

Quoted post: I like the idea of sitting down and carefully analyzing things on screen while playing Splinter Cell, and apparently so do most other people that are going to buy it.

And obiously you must be standing to use a Wii And that the Wii would have you keep moving without being able to analyz?

Your spirit is strong but the points are weak.

Vamp said best how it will probably work.

Posted by Fate

Which is the same ****ing thing I said. Traditional controllers are the BEST.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Princess Fate: Which is the same ****ing thing I said. Traditional controllers are the BEST.

I'm amazed that you know this all ready even though you've never used a Wii-mote *oscar*

Posted by Fate

Considering that every console released to date has had the same controller handles ('cept for that bit with the N64... but essentially the same thing), I'm talking tradition. If you can read, you would see that I said that I wouldn't doubt it would be good on the Wii, but it will be better on the 360. Like, duh. :(

Quoted post: I'm amazed that you know this all ready even though you've never used a Wii-mote

The wiimote will be excellent for just about any game, obviously, and especially, those designed for it, but it won't be the best option for the new Splinter Cell. Even if the controls DO turn out to be great, it still lacks actual missions from the gameplay, has reduced graphics, and will most likely lack an online feature. even if it has the latter, it won't compare to the experience you'll get on Live.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Vampiro: The wiimote will be excellent for just about any game, obviously, and especially, those designed for it, but it won't be the best option for the new Splinter Cell. Even if the controls DO turn out to be great, it still lacks actual missions from the gameplay, has reduced graphics, and will most likely lack an online feature. even if it has the latter, it won't compare to the experience you'll get on Live.

I agree, for a game like this, a traditional pad would probably be best. But there was no mention of the game in the quoted part, was there? :)

Considering the whole conversation was based on Splinter Cell and the wiimote...

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Which is the same ****ing thing I said. Traditional controllers are the BEST.[/COLOR]

Funny you prefer the product of Nintendo's past 25 years of innovation and immediately reject any more of it. Foresight get.

Posted by Fate

Stop being dumb and read the posts. It's going to be good.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Princess Fate: Stop being dumb and read the posts. It's going to be good.

yeah we've read your posts. We get you think its going to be good. But you say the same thing.

One, your basing which one will be better on things you dont know about. All you do to defend this is say tradition. But that alone cannot defend why the 360 verson could be better.

Two, Its not the controlls that will make the 360 verson popular. Its the levels, the graphics, and the fact that x-box Live will probably be better then What Wii has for the game.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Princess Fate: I'm not saying it can't be done well, I'm just saying I'm getting it on the 360 because I'm used to being meticulous with the control system I was provided. I'm not too concerned what the remote can bring to Splinter Cell, since I can imagine the things that can be done with it. I'm still afraid I'll spaz out with the Wii remote on its own, so standard controller it is.

That's what I said. In my PERSONAL and HUMBLE opinion, the 360 version will be better because of the reasons I said. I am not some holier-than-thou dictator of gaming, so I'm not going to declare that this game is going to be absolutely the best it will ever be on the 360 console and that I can state absolute power in video game form. I didn't know I had to state "in my opinion" in the first place.

TO ME, it will be best on the 360. Like other people in this very thread, they will also get it on the 360, most likely for different reasons that they didn't state or have already been stated.

I can't believe Fate actually had to point out that everything she said was her opinion only. Tendo, stop being an idiot. The Wii version will probably be good, but I think most people will agree the 360 version will be better. The controls, without a doubt, will be better on the 360 also. If a game is missing levels, it's gimped. Sorry, but I can't play that. Nor can other SC fans.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]The controls, without a doubt, will be better on the 360 also.

How do you figure that?

Because I know how I want to play SC? Or do I have to point out that that was my personal opinion?

Posted by Speedfreak

Hey, I'll accept that as long as you accept that I think the Wii version will look better because that's how I want it to look. Because that's how it's looked for the past 5 years and I'm comfortable with it.

Quoted post: Hey, I'll accept that as long as you accept that I think the Wii version will look better because that's how I want it to look. Because that's how it's looked for the past 5 years and I'm comfortable with it.

u so silly

I actuyally don't know what I was thinking. I have no clue how I like to play SC. The Wii version won't be good at all, it will be absolutely amazing. Sure it's missing levels, have gimmicky controls that will make me feel awkward rather than a stealthy double agent, terrible online features or none at all, poor graphics compared to the competition... but ****, just the thought of shaking the nunchuck to unlock doors... I came.

Posted by Speedfreak

You also have no clue what it'll be like on Wii and are demontrating tremendous ignorance in assuming it will have nothing to offer SC fans.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: Tendo, stop being an idiot. The Wii version will probably be good, but I think most people will agree the 360 version will be better. The controls, without a doubt, will be better on the 360 also. If a game is missing levels, it's gimped. Sorry, but I can't play that. Nor can other SC fans.

Dude I was agreeing with you. What I gathered was that fate said the 360 is be better because of controlls and traditions. I reply that you couldnt judge the popularity on the controlls. Then I said that you said it best why 360 will probably be better.

I swear Im an idiot if I agree and an Idiot if I dont. Some times this forum is the living embodyment of "****ed if you do ****ed if you dont".

Quoted post: You also have no clue what it'll be like on Wii and are demontrating tremendous ignorance in assuming it will have nothing to offer SC fans.

When the **** did I say that? I've said time and time again that the game will be good. The game will have a lot of neat features you won't get anywhere else. The game looks fantastic, and on and on and on. I just know it will better on the 360 in every way possible. There's nothing ignorant about that, hell, I can think of so many things they could do with the controller. But that's not how I want to play it. I want the full game with fully functioning multiplayer. I want traditional controls. That's how I like my Splinter Cell. Simple as that.

Good ***.

Quoted post: I swear Im an idiot if I agree and an Idiot if I dont. Some times this forum is the living embodyment of "****ed if you do ****ed if you dont".

Hm, maybe I was commenting on the first part of you post? The rest of the **** is obvious. No one can debate that it will look better on the 360 or the online will be more fleshed out. So why would I even bother with it?

Posted by Bebop