Doing a School Project:

Posted by 1magus

Hi new here.
Anyway I'm doing a school project on the HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES (WEIRD HUH? :P) I have plenty of old Consoles I plan on bringing in BUT no VIRTUAL BOY! I want to get one on Ebay but I need to know how often has someone gotten screwed where it is broken?

Posted by Boner

It's really hard to say. Basically you could judge it by looking at the picture. If it looks old and dusty or sort of beat up, I wouldn't bid on it. But, even then, it's still a toss-up. If you read the description and find one that says it was barely ever used or has been sitting in someone's closet forever, it should be in decent condition. If you find one that has a lot of games with it, then chances are it has been used quite a bit and may suffer from the typical wear and tear. Usually people will state if something is not right with it rather than risk getting negative feeback or having to deal with the possibility of providing a refund for a defective unit. Hope this helps. And welcome to the boards :)

-Bill

Posted by 1magus

Sorry been real busy. I have until December to get all the things for the project. So far I have the following:
NES
SNES
SEGA/ NOMAD/ Gamegear
PS1/PSOne with Screen/ PS2/ PSP
Gameboy Orginal/ Gameboy Pikachu Edition Pocket Color/ GBA Phat/ DS LITE

And that's what I own.
I need:
Atari 2600
Intelevision
Virtual Boy
Dreamcast/ Saturn
Gamecube 480P HD Output Version
NGAGE
Gameboy Night
Gamegear TV Tuner
Nintendo Robot Buddy

And there are probably others just can't think of em now.

If anyone here has them or wants to sell em let me know. I don't need all of those but the more the better and easier to get this done lol TY in advance.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Most of those should be easy enough to get from eBay or junk shops, but things like the Gameboy Light, Gamegear Tuner & NES R.O.B. may prove a problem.

As said before there is no real way to know if a VB will work or not. I recently bought a Jap one that was near mint, and it still has a faulty display. The only thing I can suggest is just trying your luck, and if by some chance it doesn't work you can either contact [url=http://projectvb.vze.com/]DogP[/url] about repairing it, or just buy another one. If you get it now that will leave you enough time to fix/replace it in time for December.

This is the problem with buying old stuff. NESs develop the bad cartridge connectors, and GBs (originals) bad screens. I quite often end up with old stuff that is covered in dirt/dust and scratches, and then have to disassemble it to clean it.

Posted by 1magus

I have plenty of time but after watching this Video on G4 I decided that my main priority is to get an Atari 2600 or 5200 it was about the Crash of 83 in Video Games it really spoke to me.

Posted by 1magus

Almost forgot about this post, not much has been done sadly.

Posted by cactuar64

:O how are you going to bring ALL of those to school? and wont someone steal them?

if you are really really REALLY afraid that it will be broken on ebay, go to your local game over videogames and ask if they have any and if you can try them. costs 80 dollars but comes with the AC adapter stand controller and warranty!

Posted by junior senior

this isnt old

Posted by lameboyadvance

junior senior isnt not old