swearing in the sigs

Posted by Fate

For example, Kolo's current signature. I don't care if DA does the bandwagon thing on me again, 'cause it's almost endearing that the group acknowledges me enough to point me out, so I don't want anyone saying that this is an attack on DA again. I've seen swearing in the signatures before, by various members. Is that breaking the rules?

Posted by Jesse Smith

If da words are censored!!!! :D

Posted by Linko_16

Don't think anyone has much of a problem, or it'd have been addressed by now. Though if Jesse's going to put his foot down, that's that.

Posted by Fate

It's being addressed now, actually. :)

Posted by Ant

I think we could do something a little bit better with our time then freating over swearing in signatures. But I'm probably wrong. Oh well.

Posted by Klarth

Children in the year 2006 are very easily traumatised! Sweary bad words make their brain melt!

Posted by Fate

Hey, ***holes, I was just asking if it was one of those offenses. I don't mind swearing in posts and whatever, but I thought sigs weren't supposed to do that.

Posted by Klarth

Jesse's edited **** in my sig into "wacko" and "love" in the past, so I'm guessing it's a no-no by his standards.

Posted by Iris

I can see what Fate's saying. It's just like the mutilated bunny. It's okay to ocassionally swear and stuff in posts, but it's inappropriate to have it in your sig where everyone can see it at anytime.

But then again, we wouldn't want to enforce the rules. Last thing we'd want is for the members to comply with the ToS!

Posted by Xenos

ToS blows.

Posted by Klarth

I like Xenogears! That's what this is like, right?

Posted by Iris

Terms of Service you *******s! :mad:

Posted by Ant

Oh, I honestly had no idea what the wacko you meant there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I DIDN'T EDIT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by D.J Cat

They probably shouldn't be swearing in sigs just as it shouldn't be a place for people to take cheap shots at others.

Common sense really.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Princess Fate: For example, Kolo's current signature. I don't care if DA does the bandwagon thing on me again, 'cause it's almost endearing that the group acknowledges me enough to point me out, so I don't want anyone saying that this is an attack on DA again. I've seen swearing in the signatures before, by various members. Is that breaking the rules?

I have nothing against Kolo.

Posted by Crono

Depends on how it is done.

Lyrics, phrases, etc seem like they'd be fine, but if it's taking personal shots at someone or anything of that nature, I'd say remove it.

Case by case basis IMO.