LimeWire PRO

Posted by WackoHater2

I am not sure if this is where I should be asking. I guess it is. Anyway, on LimeWire PRO, when I start it, it comes up, but I can't click anything. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, how did you fix it? I'd be really mad if I was paying for it. >.<

Posted by NeXidala

I'm guessing you downloaded LimewirePRO off of Limewire? If so, the program you downloaded was probably faulty. I never downloaded PRO but my friend did and his never froze up. So, it's just that you downloaded a faulty one or that it didn't download properly.

Posted by Kit

I used to have Pro and it was fine for me. I think you may have to try downloading another, if possible.

Posted by Alastor

I got mine from a torrent and it works fine. I'd uninstall the one you have now and pick up one from mininova.

Posted by WackoHater2

The one I have worked for like a week. It just stopped, but I'll uninstall later. I don't feel like it now.

Posted by Klarth

Stop using Limewire.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

You can get LimeWire PRO by downloading it off LimeWire itself.

In any case, FrostWire is superior.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'll look into FrostWire then. I am still gonna use LimeWire if I like it better though. I used WinMX for some time before I switched to LimeWire.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting Panic: I'll look into FrostWire then. I am still gonna use LimeWire if I like it better though. I used WinMX for some time before I switched to LimeWire.

It's virtually the same thing. Just a different name and color scheme...oh and it works better.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Limewire ****ed me off today actually. I downloaded 2 My Dying Bride songs and they both had adware. :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting NeXidala: I'm guessing you downloaded LimewirePRO off of Limewire? If so, the program you downloaded was probably faulty. I never downloaded PRO but my friend did and his never froze up. So, it's just that you downloaded a faulty one or that it didn't download properly.

I've downloaded Pro off of the original LW several times and have never encountered a problem

Pro isn't reallythat much of an improvement over the old LW. If you already have fast internet, then it doesn't really matter.

Posted by WackoHater2

My computer is the problem. I'll have to fix that.

Posted by Raptor

[url=http://www.slsknet.org/]Soulseek[/url] > Limewire PRO/AMATEUR/LemonFrost/Gamewire/etc.

Posted by KoH

Raptor speaks truth, actually.

If you absolutely must use limewire, do what Alastor said and get it from a torrent. Far less chance to download a virus/faulty executable if you read the comments. Plus it should be a quick download due to its small size. Also, keep in mind that along with Limewire there are also an enormous amount of spyware and viruses floating along with shared files.

Posted by WackoHater2

I got everything fixed. Now I am having another problem. My speakers don't work. Anyone know what might be wrong? They are plugged in, and turned up.

Posted by Klarth

Double-click on speaker icon in system tray. Make sure "Wave volume" is turned up.

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Klarth: Stop using Limewire.

Cant give REP now =/

LOL though.

I haven't used Limewire for a long while now...but when I did, I never had any problems.

Posted by WackoHater2

The problem with my speakers was the cord was in the wrong hole. I fixed it. That always seems to happen. I dunno who does it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Panic: I dunno who does it.

Computer gremlins.

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Roger Smith: Computer gremlins.

Or...it could be a masturbating spider monkey >_>

nah. most likely his mother XP

jk. I DID IT!!

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting DDRfreak: Or...it could be a masturbating spider monkey >_>

nah. most likely his mother XP

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Klarth: Stop using Limewire.

That doesnt sound like klarth lol.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Panic]The problem with my speakers was the cord was in the wrong hole. I fixed it. That always seems to happen. I dunno who does it.

Maybe... it's you who plugged it in the wrong hole? That or some ninja or pirate probably snuck into your room late at night while you were asleep and maliciously moved the plug to the other hole. Only thing I can think of.