Have you ever seen a pokemon get killed?

Posted by GameMiestro

I've been wondering this for quite some time. We know they are capable of reproducing, often quite quickly (on a good day, I can get an egg from the Day Care and hatch it in 15 minutes). Factoring in old age, overpopulation, and simpily being hunted down by prey, having Pokemon be immortal as they are often portrayed in the games and in the TV show simpily doesn't make sense. The only things I've ever heard about Pokemon deaths is in Lavender town in Red and Blue version, and these references were only second-person. Simpily put, I have never seen even the slightest physical evidence, excluding the fossils that you can revive, that Pokemon have ever suffered casualties. I know that the primary audience for the games is a little young for Pokemon based bloodshed, but some of the problems this creates are rather rediculous.

-Why is it that Pokemon evolution is referred to as "evolution" in the first place? It most certainly is not, because there are no deaths in the series, meaning natural selection could not take place!
-Why is it that certain pokemon (like Gyrados) are born having big sets of gnashing teeth, yet they are always shown eating nothing but berries, poke-blocks, and "Brock's amazing Poke-chow" (wtf)? What bizzare trait in thier DNA caused them to grow like this, when they clearly are all herbevores?
-What are Ghastly, Haunter, and Gengar? If they really are "ghosts", how come they are capable of evolution, seeing as how they are already dead?
-Why is it when Misty blocks Gyrados from the poison stings of a trio of Tentecruel, she emerges without a scratch on her? Why would pokemon be designed to have such terribly ineffective attacks?
-Why is it that the TCG [URL="http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Jungle/08-pidgeot.jpg"]clearly states[/URL] that pokemon are capable of hunting other pokemon, yet I have never seen a pokemon shed so much as a drop of blood?

Conclusion: There are a lot of things in the pokemon game that just don't make sense. My personal opinion is that "evolution" is simpily a name for natural stages of a pokemon's life, not superior breeding. I also think that if pokemon were real, they would function much like animals of today, with a food chain and pokemon having a tangible life span, and yes, they would die eventually. It's just those [URL="http://www.serebii.net/anime/banned.shtml"]silly American censors that think it's bad for a safari warden to have a gun[/URL] that disagree.

Heck, if Pokemon were real, I would carry around a whole lot more than a six shooter.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You've pretty much answered your own argument. They don't die because of censorship, but also because of what an awful game mechanic that would be.

Posted by GundelHell_Maker

yes. they dont die cuz thats how the game was made...

Posted by Roxas23857

Well they don't want them to die because then you have to get a new pokemon and you can't go around and find another squirtle in red or blue so that is partly why. And yes some of the kids are to young to understand death and I don't think they want to teach kids that. I could see some kid go to his mom. Mommy my charmander died. Parents would get mad and then stop pokemon or something.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]You've pretty much answered your own argument. They don't die because of censorship, but also because of what an awful game mechanic that would be.

I didn't have an arguement. I asked a question, which was the title of this thread.

Posted by protomanv4

go to [url]www.wikipeida.org[/url] type in pokemon then i think you might get your answer.

Posted by D.J Cat

Some interesting thoughts.

In Ruby (and probably other games...) their is Mt Pyre woich is basically a huge graveyard place.
And people mention how their Pokemon died, and they miss them or something.

It must happen.

Posted by WackoHater2

It obviously happens, because of places like Mount Pyre and other things. The games and the shows must be censored because of the ages of children that play them. I mean, if Pokémon was only played by losers like me that are gonna be 18 in March, then sure, bloodshed, death, hunting, etc. isn't so bad. But they won't expose little 5 year olds to that stuff.

Posted by Zeta

Next Pokemon game should have an area like the Jagds in FFTA, where if you don't revive them before the battle ends they die, gone for good.

>_>

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]Next Pokemon game should have an area like the Jagds in FFTA, where if you don't revive them before the battle ends they die, gone for good.

>_>

Try killing off Montblanc before the end of the game. You actually get some different cutscenes.

Posted by WackoHater2

Kill off Team Rocket, for good. Get some different villans with new intentions.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Try killing off Montblanc before the end of the game. You actually get some different cutscenes.

I can't bring myself to do it. He's my Gunner. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]I can't bring myself to do it. He's my Gunner. :(

It's called "not saving after the battle"...

Posted by Zeta

Something I'm not very good at. I'M A SAVE WHORE! I SAVE EVERY TWO OR THREE STEPS ON THE WORLD MAP FOR ***'S SAKE!

Posted by GameMiestro

Villains don't even die in the series. They just surrender and teleport to an unidentified location.

I really wanted to beat the snot out of Giovanni...

Posted by Zeta

The series already gets enough stress from all the religious zealots. Actually killing people would just make things worse.

Posted by Sean Fury

You're trying to rationalize a fictional universe. End thread.

Posted by avalanch

there was actually one time that I remember seeing a pokemon die, and that was in the, latias, latios movie. They showed it on cartoon network a few weeks ago.

Posted by jake from da vgchat

yea go on google and type kill pokemon enjoy the blood!!!

Posted by bramwellbear123

to the guy who first set up this fourm. DUDE YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS if you are thinking that deep about a kids game/cartoon :o

Posted by Laram

You are right, but pokemon does not need to make sense, it's a great game :P