Proposals for the next Mario Kart game?

Posted by Henry Midfield

What would you like to include in the new Mario Kart Game, should it come out in a new Nintendo platform?

In my case, I really crave an all-star racing game, with all of the characters from all of the Mario series games. That includes characters that only appeared from, lets say, Mario RPG, or Super Mario Bros. 2. I also kind of want more racing in public streets, with much more realistic layout of roads. I really loved racing in Mushroom Bridge/City in Double Dash, because it was much more realistic than Toad's Turnpike in the 64 version.

Also, when I played Double Dash, maybe it was just me, but I did not like being 'forced' to drop items considering that this has become unpredictable, and is just going to make it harder to 'catch up from the lower rank'. Even if I was going to use the lightning bolt, I don't think it really helps me anyway when all of my opponent lose their items...

Posted by Raptor

Get rid of stupid characters like Donkey Kong and Toad, and bring in Kamek and a couple Koopalings. Also, make a proper muddy track where handling is realistic and players get stuck if they stall in the wrong spot. The items could be made a little more interesting, as well. How about a cannon that can be used to fire back at your opponents?

It would be ideal if it had an adventure mode like Diddy Kong Racing, where you can go on quests to collect items and meet new characters. That would increase the replay value even more.

Posted by Klarth

Still have selectable karts a la MKDS, but kill the two-per-car idea that made Double Dash such a pissfest. Also, it would be ****ing heroic on Nintendo's part if they did what they did with the Mario Basketball game and hand development to Square Enix - That way we'd be able to see characters like Geno and Mallow for the first time in a decade, and maybe even have the same FF cameos we saw in Hoops...?

Man, I can dream.

Posted by Zeta

Moar obstacle-filled courses. I loves me some obstacles.

And a bigger, more bad-*** Airship Fortress.

Posted by The Legend of Me

I don't know.. .hmmm... they have already gone so far with the series. I would say, probably just more characters. Like Samus, or some one like that.

Posted by Zeta

If they added Samus they should just go ahead and make a Super Smash Bros. Racing game. >_> Though the thought of some characters like Ganondorf in a kart make me lol.

Posted by Dexter

Better music. It has the potential for a great soundtrack, but each one seems to lack significantly.

Posted by Arcadios

Hey, let's give Mario a gun.
Wonder how that'll work.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Arcadios: Hey, let's give Mario a gun.
Wonder how that'll work.

"Where's that damn FOURTH Shine Sprite?"

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Arcadios: Hey, let's give Mario a gun.

Mario with a gun is a terrible idea. Giving him FLUDD would be much better.

Posted by Zeta

He already had a gun anyways.

*Looks at Yoshi's Safari*

Posted by Iris

I agree with just about everything said. I don't think we need any playable character additions, but an adventure mode giving a ton of the lesser known characters cameos would be nice. A better soundtrack would make it much more fun too.

Get rid of the 2-character feature from Double Dash and add individual stories for each character in an Adventure mode. The stories don't have to be too detailed or anything, as long as its different from everyone else.

Of course, new tracks would be great. A lot more and in a variety of places. Not just a ton of remakes.

Edit: Mr. Nintendo gave me an idea for individual weapons. :cool: Yeah, they should keep those boxes that give you items, but maybe it'd be nice for the individual characters to have their own weapon to use against other carts. Mario could get FLUDD, Peach could have a turnip, Yoshi could use his tongue, etc...

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, all the same levels, variations of repeated themes, gets a little uninteresting. I suppose it isn't easy to come up with new level ideas, however, if they were going to make an adventure mode to go along with it, maybe they could discover some unique ways to design the tracks.

Posted by Zeta

As long as DK and Bowser get the Giant Banana/Shell from DD. <3 the chaos those can cause in Baby Park.

And I got Suzu Fujibayashi'd by Dex. =/

Posted by Arczu

We need more levels like Waluigi's Pinball. That is one of my favorite levels now.

Posted by TheSorrow

More levels and cups, i mean the game is just too short and more powerups such as a guns ^_^