Your funnest battle.

Posted by maian

So, when you have your friends over, you want to go crazy, what's your favorite way to play Super Smash? For me, it used to be raw skill battles, but we found much more fun in something else. :) We call them "random battles"

Each match is a timed 2 minute match. Your character is completely random, all items are on, and it's a random stage. You duke it out, and it often ends up in sudden death. It sounds terribly generic, but it's amazingly fun. You can't have the same character twice, either. Typically, we play games, and first to either 5 or 10 wins wins.

Do you have any special ways you like to play?

Posted by Arcadios

Skill match: No iteams, Final Destination.
Pokemon battle: Random Stage, All Pokeballs on high.

Posted by Zeta

Giant Melee, with Super Mushrooms being the only item available. Item appearance is set to Very High.

My friends and I call it Titan Melee. :cookie:

Posted by Ch

Stamina mode does it for me.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Zeta: Giant Melee, with Super Mushrooms being the only item available. Item appearance is set to Very High.

Hahahaha, oddly enough, we do the EXACT same thing.

Posted by D.J Cat

My funnest Battle was probably an intense 1 on 1 with me as Peach against a skilled Short-Hop-Lasering Falco in the decider of a tourament we had last week.
I did these awesome turnip intercepts where i throw the right tat the poin where he grabs the stage from above and it was cool and stuff.

Then we were both on our last life at about 90% damage and I whipped out a beam sword.
I tossed it at him and won.

And then there was that time at 4:00am where we were playing Giant Melee on Game&Watch's level, we all picked Donkey Kong and we ALL did his Down+B as soon as the match began.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Hahahaha, oddly enough, we do the EXACT same thing.

Likewise. Mario's taunt. <3

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Items on high with pokeballs and mushrooms, metal boxes, and the bunny hood. Then coin match. On giant mode.

Or skill battles with random stages set to the good ones :-x and no items

Posted by Kit

Quoting Zeta: Giant Melee, with Super Mushrooms being the only item available. Item appearance is set to Very High.

I like that. I do that on levels with limited space, like Yoshi's Island. It gets fun. :)

I also play a game with Sudden death, where the bobombs drop, we do it on Tiny melee, with poison mushrooms, it gets hard on some levels, such as G&W.

Posted by andrewg

I like playing and you can only press the B button and use the control stick. you have to be smart when picking your character.

Posted by Arczu

Called Single Button Mode. Yes that one removes most all of the advanced stuff and make only the minimal moveset avaliable. So even people who are not UBER-skilled can have a nice match with this.

But to be honest, I like playing the Super Smash on the N64. Going back to the roots was never so much fun, and that Falcon Punch back then was deadlier.

Posted by andrewg

single button mode is using the "A" button only...

Posted by Slade

I've only played the game for about half an hour total, but the best one during that time was the slo-mo battle. I was Samus, my friend was Fox, I think. It took about 10 minutes, and was so lame that I couldn't help but laugh at a lot of stuff that happened.

Posted by Screenname

I like doing that with bowser but also adding Mr Freezes

Posted by Fox McCloud

Just an all out battle of skill against my cousin! I'll pick my favorite character Fox and he'll pick Falco. His favorite character. We'll set the weapons option on none. The stage of choice will be Coneria or a random stage.

Posted by Iris

I have a lot of fun fighting with friends on teams with handicaps on. 3 level 3 or 4 handicaps vs. a level 9 handicap. Occasionally I'll just make it easy and hold the level 9 in place with Sheik's chain, but it can be really challenging and I rarely get the opportunity to work in conjunction with other players.

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Sometimes, we'll play on Super Sudden Death on Yoshi's Island, with bob-ombs on Very High. Those things rain from the sky, and we toss 'em at each other to see just who can grab the bob-omb and throw it back before it explodes. ^_^

Other times, we do team handicaps... but Stamina mode is the best, in my opinion. ^_^

Posted by Zeta

Kinda sucks that you can't increase the stamina though. 150 HP matches are over too quickly. =/

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Agreed. 500 HP would be fun, if it were possible. It'd make matches much more interesting, don't you think? 150 HP disappears in a heartbeat, sadly enough.

Perhaps they'll include that in Brawl... Being able to increase the HP in increments of 50 or 100 wouldn't hurt.

Posted by maian

I think stock Stamina would be fun too.

I never play stamina simply because of the lack of things to do with it. =/

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

lightning melee on hyrule temple with fox/sheik/falco/c.falcon/linkbecausemyonefriendhatestheotherguys is the most fun. It gets super fast and we go duke it out on the bottom part and you end up flying all over the **** place and bouncing off stuff. That or we'd play Elf Gank, where it's one guy with 99 lives vs 3 Links on a team with 99 lives. See who could last the longest. . . it takes awhile but you accumulate some serious bragging rights.

Posted by Breakman

Anything in either game involving 4 players (even computers, but preferrably human), 200%/2.0 damage calc, an open stage, and no items but bob-ombs and motion-sensing mines (and Bumpers in SSB N64).

Posted by King Bowser

my funnest batte with my friend was when i waz playing as fox and my friend was play flaco we ko'd each other out of the stage and it ended as a draw but then it said sudden death an we still went out of the stage still as a draw i keep up for 5 hours then my friend won funny stuff.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Oh man, I can't say what the best fight was, but I sure know what the best Scrap during a fight was!

It was 4 players in the Planet Zebes, Turian, Stage.

My Dad as Kirby
My Brother as Yoshi (He's ALWAYS Yoshi)
My Sister (Zerostar) as Samus
and myself as Ganondorf

It was a fight like anyother, good hits all around, much cursing of the Acid. Heather finished off my brother and was at the left side of the stage, I came out of a frey and blind sided her, almost KOing her, but she survived and was attempting to make it back. The Acid was on the rise, and she was all cocky that even though she was going to fall short of the ledge, the acid would save her... but I had my own agenda! I lept off the ledge and did Ganon's powerful Air Stomp, sending Zerostar down into the acid at high speed.

Her speed was SO great infact, that she went through the near full screen of acid, getting damaged 12 times, raising her damage to almost 400% before she was KO'd off the bottom of the screen! It was magical.

Posted by GaaraOfTheSand

Mine probly was when i had a friend over and my little brother ( who was link )
My friend ( who was fox ) and me ( who was Roy ) . well we started to play cept we made it so there were only Poke'balls and we were summoning so many legendarys it would blow your mind... My brother and my friend both threw a poke'ball at me and they had Ho-oh ( i think thats his name ) and Lugia. They both hit me for like 300 % and ... i survived O.O

Posted by Meftah

Aight of course it had to be a 4 way human battle :P.

SuperSmashBrothersMelee:
--------------------------

JR: Ness

Me: Samus

Marc: Link (Kid)

Philiipe: Luigi

~Battle Location: Pokemon Stadium~

--------------------------------------------------------------->

Right; once the battle started i quickly used Samus run to get a running strike which does a fair amount of damage and knocks the player back to give you some space. I recovered from the move only for my face to meet Ness' bat (Power Hit) I quickly doubled jumped to get as much air as possible, and performed "The Rain Of Meftah" (drop as many bombs as possible before landing; does some good damage) and yea we named some of our moves :p. anyway, everyone knew i loved this game and new Samus like the back of my hand so they tried to eliminate me. they all got me to about 96% Damage, until the signal came up that the stage was going to switch >:). I quickly did the splitz kick (Area Attack) to repell any1 trying to do more damage to me and quickly hoppe donto the windmill. I was charging my Blast when Marc Teamed wit Philiipe and tried to stop me with a rian of arrows and green fire ballsz. I quickly did the evasive roll to save my blast progress and jumped and landed right between him and did the "Mystic Light" (the final jump where Samus curls into a ball and jumps up with an aura surrounding him; any1 caught in it is damaged) to get some heat off me while JR was busy with the box that housed bout 5 bob-bombs!!! once those lil buggers went off it was all hell!!!! everyone tried to race to the windmill! I made it there first and finished charging my Blast. I hit Marc with it thus;eliminating him. then from there on things were much easier. For JR though, he ran alot so i had to use items on him. i finished him with a blast then threw the ICE ITEM which froze him so he couldn't double jump back on stage. i ended up haveing 2 lives left wit 20-34% damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------>

that was one of the best battles i ever had. there were alot of cussing afterwards :P

Posted by Creedence

Me and my friends will get together and have sword fights with Link, Young Link, Marth, and Roy. We would use gandorf if he had that cool sword that he has when he wins on the winning screen. I think that would be cool.

Posted by TwilightPhoenix0402

[COLOR=red]MINE WAS PLAYING EVENT 51 WITH JIGGLYPUFF. I GOT A NEW RECORD, TOO.[/COLOR]

Posted by TwilightPhoenix0402

My favorite battle was event 51 with jigglypuff. I got a new record too.

Posted by Mystic Hero

My just for fun matches are pretty much like Maian's only that we're nmot allowed ot use the characters we're good at. It ends up being a match of pure chaos. I usually pick some guy I really suck with, but as always am an insane item hog. We turn off all the crappy items like flipper and just leave the good ones on.

Anyway, one match we had was particularly fun. It was my three friends and I battling on Corneria with items on High. It was a super sudden death match at the time since we love that mode. Stock 99 and damage ratio at 2. Guys were flying accross the screen like lightning. It got to the point where I was winning by 10 lives and one of my friends declared a 3 on 1 gang up. Well at that point I was like "oh ****" because he is an insane evader. Well it turned out he couldn't beat my insane item chucking skills. I was throwing items left and right, countering every attempt to hit me with a shell to someone's face or a flying lipstick to the gut. One insane moment was when I set up a ton of motion sensor bombs all in a row. I then got a bobomb and hurled it at one setting all the motion sensors off until it KO'd all three of my friends in this gigantic explosion. Then it got to the point where they got really irritated and tried throwing items back at me. It didn't work to well with the Pokeballs because I would catch all of them and then throw them back. At that point they were all like "WTF" while I was laughing my *** off. Best part was when one POkeball I caught had a Lugia and all three of them were like "you bastard". I ended the match with a bat chuck killing all three of them in one hit. After that they were so humiliated they were all "we're never talking about this ever again."

Posted by O.T.L

wow ! i havent played mines , cause my gamecube broke a year ago and i dont wanna bother buying another cause the Wii also, you know...

but one time it was pretty funny on SSB64 i threw a bumper at my cousin

and we were close to each other and i swear it made a tune out of it going back and forth hitting us.... it was like a knock people like to use , the catchy one

Posted by TMNT Freak

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Some of the Items are shut off, we have the damage ratio set to 1.5 and the stock set to 5... and I guess that would be more like a battle of Speed and Dodging....

Then, we have Super Sudden Death Matches, with the ratio set to 2.0, and most often on larger maps. These battles here are always hilarious just because I will be Pichu and Jigglypuff and when you hear ond of those dying constantly, and when you make a Pichu skull bash and a Jigglypuff Rollout, and hit each other, and they both die, that is hilarious. I love it.[/COLOR]

Posted by O.T.L

ahh so many good ,cool ,very descriptive memorys , i can just imagine them
in my head, beautifull, ssbm is very magical . makes me wanna play ssbb and make new memorys that YOU ALL KNOW there will be oh yeah !!!!!! there will be memorys !!! cant wait !

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

last tourney I was at, I had an epic battle against my friend. We both lost to a 14 year old, and sent to losers bracket, so we fight, I'm out of practice, but at the time I wanted to kill him, personal. Epicly enough, I'm pwning, and then he does the turnaround on me and two stocks me, the next two rounds I'm still going head on full force. He slipped and made mistakes, my controller helped me make constant mistakes. I won the last one with the phantasm and spiked him. 8) post vid later