Logical proof of ***

Posted by Bebop

[url=http://why***exists.ytmnd.com/]Interesting[/url]

Discuss

EDIT: Blast. Replace the '***' in the URL with G to the O to the D.

EDIT 2: http://why***exists.ytmnd.com/ Paste that in.

Posted by Fate

The answer to not knowing the "First Cause" is the holy man up above? Sounds like every other attempt to "prove" existence. The universe itself, which kind of corresponds to the Big Bang theory, could've been the first cause when it was supposedly just one form. Saying alone that *** created man in his own form, I think, is total bull because there has to be another planet out there with life similar to ours where bears are kings and plants can walk. Life was probably out of something random, like some freak accident.

Posted by Bebop

The YTMND is just saying, according to logic, that the first cause has characteristics of ***. It's not saying its the logical proof of a Christian ***. No where in the YTMND did he say *** created man in his own form. Did you actually watch it?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

some of the comments look pretty good, which is a rarity, to argue the points he/she makes. I'm looking in particular at "phire" and "ART" or something like that (can't remember and am not looking at it right now). Man, that o0Ender0o fellow seems rather dashing, does he not?

Posted by Fate

Quoting Bebop: The YTMND is just saying, according to logic, that the first cause has characteristics of ***. It's not saying its the logical proof of a Christian ***. No where in the YTMND did he say *** created man in his own form. Did you actually watch it?

Yeah, I watched it. I just tacked on my own stuff afterwards. Higher powers sound better than the Christian ***. :(

All this says is that there is some form of higher power. What I want to ask this higher power is why we were made, if he exists.

Posted by Arwon

If Deity could be logically proven wouldn't that defeat the point?

Posted by Speedfreak

Quantum Physics destroys Reason 1. Try again.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: Quantum Physics destroys Reason 1. Try again.

Explain.

Posted by Speedfreak

According to Quantum Physics, absolutely anything can, and does happen for no reason whatsoever.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: According to Quantum Physics, absolutely anything can, and does happen for no reason whatsoever.

Thats kind of like the same defense behind "I just know *** exists".

Posted by mis0

According to quantum physics, Speedy, every calculation you computer makes is merely a correct guess. Somehow, I highly doubt that is the case.

Interesting, Bebop. I enjoyed it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

[insert Douglas Adams quote]

But yeah, interesting stuff. Though I don't see why the "First Cause" has to be "intelligent" or even "alive." Definitely a long way off from proving anything, it's just a better argument than what you usually hear.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: [insert Douglas Adams quote]

But yeah, interesting stuff. Though I don't see why the "First Cause" has to be "intelligent" or even "alive." Definitely a long way off from proving anything, it's just a better argument than what you usually hear.

The YTMND suggests that the first cause has to be alive because non-life cannot create life and non-intelligent cannot create intelligent.

As far as actually proving for certain *** exists, it is impossible. He defies everything and all that stuff but also because he only exists in faith. Proving he exists means you have no faith. And no faith does not require a ***.

Quoted post: The YTMND suggests that the first cause has to be alive because non-life cannot create life and non-intelligent cannot create intelligent.

Though we weren't exactly created as intelligent organisms. We evolved into them. Either way, depending on the degree of intellect they meant, it's still more than likely that we were created due to the right circumstances and conditions, rather than by the hand of a ***.

Quoted post: As far as actually proving for certain *** exists, it is impossible. He defies everything and all that stuff but also because he only exists in faith. Proving he exists means you have no faith. And no faith does not require a ***.

hence the first part of my post ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

I've already tried this arguement. It doesn't work, for one very simple reason- a "supreme being" could not be the first cause, because then nothing would have caused the supreme being. Speedy is also right with quantum physics, but that only applies if matter already exists. Quantum physics doesn't say that matter can just "appear" out of nothing, so it couldn't explain the origin of the universe.

Posted by NeXidala

But who is to say that the laws of a "G0d" can be bound by the laws of physics that we, humans, have created? Science can constantly be modified as knowledge is aquired. For example, if I were to have suggested 3 months ago that Pluto was not a planet, I would have been shot down immediately, no? But just recently, scientist modified the rules which govern whether or not a planet is a planet, and after this modifying took place, Pluto was kicked out. So, what I am trying to say is, why let laws WE, beings that barely know anything of the universe, govern what can and cannot happen to prove a "G0d" exist?

Another thing, this "G0d" thing goes back to the whole "What came first? The egg or the chicken?" subject. If G0d created the universe...then what created G0d?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting GameMiestro: I've already tried this arguement. It doesn't work, for one very simple reason- a "supreme being" could not be the first cause, because then nothing would have caused the supreme being. Speedy is also right with quantum physics, but that only applies if matter already exists. Quantum physics doesn't say that matter can just "appear" out of nothing, so it couldn't explain the origin of the universe.

The YTMND also proposes that because *** could be a first cause it does not need a first cause. The example it uses is "Who was the president before Washington?" Or something. Because the first cause is before space, time and matter it is not bound by thouse restricitons. See? It proposes that the first cause, which has charcteristics like the Chrisitan ***, existed before time, space and matter.

Quoted post: But who is to say that the laws of a "G0d" can be bound by the physics that we, humans, have created?

We didn't create physics.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro: We didn't create physics.

Lies. It's a well known fact that Newton created gravity to stop his apples flying away.

Posted by NeXidala

There fix'd it. I meant to say "the laws of physics".

Posted by Lord of Spam

Several of the assumptions it relies on are either wrong or unproven. Fail, but gets points for being convincing enough to win morons.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: Several of the assumptions it relies on are either wrong or unproven. Fail, but gets points for being convincing enough to win morons.

Explain.

The only thing I can think of, and I'm doing this by memory and not actually looking at the YTMND now, is that its argument is based on one guys 'law' or cuase or something. But then again that is a logically thing I guess: that everything has a cause to be. Is this what you mean?

I'm not supporting this YTMND 100% but I do think it's very interesting.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It assumes that inteligence cannot come from nonintelligence, for one. To think that, one would have to believe in a literal, 7 day interpretation of the bible and COMPLETELY disregard evolution. Furthermore, despite the author's saying "lol ur kwestion iz dum" it goes entirely against the nature of one of his own arguments (i.e. that everything has a begining) to say that nothing caused ***.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Lord of Spam: Furthermore, despite the author's saying "lol ur kwestion iz dum" it goes entirely against the nature of one of his own arguments (i.e. that everything has a begining) to say that nothing caused ***.

Yeah, I agree. It pretty much contradicts his theory if he can't come up with what created G0d since "everything has a cause".

Posted by Arwon

Everything has a cause but nothing has a beginning (Matter and energy can't be creted or destroyed, nature and the cosmos all run in cycles with no defined beginning point). Ergo the universe is cyclical.

*shrug*

Posted by Lord of Spam

Cycles need no creator, thus obviating the need for a creator or "g0d":cookie:

Posted by NeXidala

Very interesting Arwon. A cause doesn't necesarily have to be a beginning. So maybe, the cause of G0d is everything he has created or needs to create in a sense? Meh, it's not for me or anyone to decide so I'm going to drop it now....

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]If everything that comes to be has a sufficient prior cause, there's no reason to exclude G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]d from the equation. There was no president before Washington, but there was a prior cause which led to there being a first president.[/COLOR]

Posted by Lord of Spam

Thats a terrible analogy. Washington being president had nothing to do with the creation of america.

And there IS a reasont o exclude *** from the equation: outside of novelty philosophical debates, there is NO reason to think that he exists.

Posted by keyartist

Thats a great analogy, he said nothing about the creation of america, america already was when he became president..i.e. *** already was when the universe was created.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

actually. . . yeah the washington analogy works out. Was there an American president before Washington? No. He was the first. Thus, the chain started with Washington, and the chain, theoretically, started with G0D. It's just a relation of two chains. . .

Posted by keyartist

Like I said before the guilty are the first to deny facts when G0D is being reflected in a good way.

Quoted post: Like I said before the guilty are the first to deny facts when G0D is being reflected in a good way.

... what the ****?

Posted by keyartist

See that there is a true fact!

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Get off my VGC, now.

You are the most useless boy ever.

Interesting YTMND none the less.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: It assumes that inteligence cannot come from nonintelligence, for one. To think that, one would have to believe in a literal, 7 day interpretation of the bible and COMPLETELY disregard evolution. Furthermore, despite the author's saying "lol ur kwestion iz dum" it goes entirely against the nature of one of his own arguments (i.e. that everything has a begining) to say that nothing caused ***.

You dont have to beleive in the Bible to beleive in a ***. It kind of makes sense about the intelligent thing. Food cannot be made without someone putting ingredients and things in a cooking man inside a kitchen. Its basically saying that. And you dont have to disregard evolution for it either. I beleive in creatinsm thorugh evolution but I dont beleive in the Christian ***. The YTMND doesnt 'prove' the Christian *** remember. As far as going against his argument to say nothing caused *** its not really. Because, as explained in the YTMND, for space, time and matter to be created something had to come before it. And if space time and matter was existance, and the thing that created it wasnt then I guess it makes sense nothing could create it. The analogy does work. As BJ said its a relation of 2 chains.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=GameMiestro]I've already tried this arguement. It doesn't work, for one very simple reason- a "supreme being" could not be the first cause, because then nothing would have caused the supreme being. Speedy is also right with quantum physics, but that only applies if matter already exists. Quantum physics doesn't say that matter can just "appear" out of nothing, so it couldn't explain the origin of the universe.

It actually can. When combined with an infinite amount of time, literally anything can happen.

Posted by Lord of Spam

bebop: apples are food. They require no assistance from man to be produced. Owned.

Everyone with the washington analogy: it fails. It is saying that washington is *** in regards to america, as he created it. The only problem with that, is you can ask what created washington (his parents having sex) and answer it. Once again, by the persons own arguments everything must have a cause, and since he hints that *** has to play by his own rules in the "cant make a stone so big he cant lift" section, it would imply by his own argument that something would have had to cause ***.

Basically, his argument trades a logical train of though that ends in "I'm not sure, science is still working on it" for "LOL *** DID IT."

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Speedfreak: It actually can. When combined with an infinite amount of time, literally anything can happen.

this has always been my major hangup with the whole *** thing (yes, I consider other sides too :P ) People say that that universe, and all that it contains, has too much order, and that different aspects (cell respiration, heat exchange, the weather on our planet, that whole complexity of the eye in comparison with a watch story [look it up], yadayada). they all revolve around the notion that these things are too uniformed, complex, and brilliant to just "up and happened" and that they had to be the work of a divine being. I always thought ". . .well sure, the odds are very very slim, but when you've got an infinite amount of time, don't those odds get better? I mean. . . there could have been big bangs firing off 2 billions years ago in which everything was screwed up and our universe is the 34341th attempt and the one that finally worked, right?" I don't know, it's hard to explain what I'm getting it, but I hope speedy at least realizes I'm going along with what he said.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quantum theory proves that God both exists and doesn't exist, at the same time.

I've never seen why people need to see proof of G
od. If you need proof, then you'll never believe it, and if you have faith, then that's all you need. There's no reason to argue that someone else's viewpoint is wrong, even when you're both right.

Posted by Fate

So is seeing believing or is believing seeing? It all goes back to Santa Claus. :(

Posted by NeXidala

G0d is more a faith that gives some people strength to live on and such. On going on what Wings said. If you have faith, G0d can exist to you 100% in plain light. But, if you don't believe, G0d is just something that has never affected you in the least bit. For all I know, G0d may exist, just not in the form most people imagine. G0d can be anything ranging from your spiritual source to your mental power, it all depends if you have faith.

I wrote something on this a while ago, about how everyone was their own God because God was created only through faith, and therefore He can only exist in the minds of those who have enough faith to believe He exists. If I found it now and read through it I'd probably hate it, though.

Posted by NeXidala

Well, that sort of make sense. If you think about it, what also determines your faith in G0d is the environment that you grew up in. If you grew up within a very spiritual Christian family your odds are greater in believing in G0d opposed to a person who grew up with a very strict, dark family who doesn't believe whatsoever in G0d.

With me it's interesting. I grew up in an agnostic household, but went to church every month as part of the boy scouts. I was able to make up my mind for myself, and while obviously biased, I think I was a lot less indoctrinated than a lot of people are about religion (and other things, as well).

The fact remains, though, that most faith is mass belief, and I have trouble believing in anything that someone else has prescribed. If you believe some things but not others from the Bible you are somehow going to Hell? Not something I can endorse.

Posted by Arwon

Multiverse theory, as well as being insane, also knocks out any arguments based on the suspiciously perfect nature of fundamental properties of the universe that allow complex matter, galaxies, stars, gravity, and so forth. If there's universes with all different configurations and many that were stillborn, then we just happen to exist in one of the ones where hydrogen can convert into helium, etc. It'd be like pulling a card from a deck and saying "Wow what are the chances of getting the 6 of spades... it must have been DESIGNED that way".

That the perfect analogy for what I've been trying to explain to people for years now. Thankyou!

Posted by Killer Jordo

I thought that science proved that *** was real by providing enough infomation that nothing turned into something. Nothing turning into one particle. Then that particle being accelerated and growing bigger. There for duplicating itself. Becuase everything has an opposite. Hell and heaven, the dark and light side of the force, death and life. So there for, there is another demension, another universe, another earth. That is opposite ours. Imagine, a nice Raptor, an ugly Fate! It's just not possible.......or is it?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz]this has always been my major hangup with the whole *** thing (yes, I consider other sides too :P ) People say that that universe, and all that it contains, has too much order, and that different aspects (cell respiration, heat exchange, the weather on our planet, that whole complexity of the eye in comparison with a watch story [look it up], yadayada). they all revolve around the notion that these things are too uniformed, complex, and brilliant to just "up and happened" and that they had to be the work of a divine being. I always thought ". . .well sure, the odds are very very slim, but when you've got an infinite amount of time, don't those odds get better? I mean. . . there could have been big bangs firing off 2 billions years ago in which everything was screwed up and our universe is the 34341th attempt and the one that finally worked, right?" I don't know, it's hard to explain what I'm getting it, but I hope speedy at least realizes I'm going along with what he said.

Yeah, I get it. I always thought the whole "the odds of this happening by chance are incredibly slim" arguement to be utterly stupid. The chances of any one combination of lottery numbers coming up is incredibly slim (and would get slimmer if you added more numbers), but that doesn't mean they're so slim that any combination might aswell be thought of as impossible, and any outcome MUST be down to G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]d.

The universe could've turned out in an infinite number of ways*, it just so happens that this is just what happened. If it didn't happen exactly this way, there could well be an alien species that'd be saying the exact same thing. Or no intelligent life at all, which wouldn't cause any problems.

*Certain recent theories cite that quantum physics might not be random after all, which would mean that there is literally nothing random in the universe and it could only turn out one way. At first glance, that might support creeationism, but if there's nothing random in the universe then there is also no such thing as free will, which pretty well destroys most ideas of G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]d.

I thought the whole point of quantum theory was that while everything is random, every outcome of that randomness happened, therefore making nothing random.

Posted by chaser3592

here is something

the U.S.says that they can only teach the truth in school but almost all the stuff they teach you is just theory and has no factual eveidense pretty much the only true thing they teach is biology the rest is al theory

Well, technically, everything is a theory. Gravity is a theory. The way that lightwaves work to give you sight is a theory. If you want to stop believing that they're true, fair enough, but they are the best explanations we have so far.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Lord of Spam: bebop: apples are food. They require no assistance from man to be produced. Owned.

Everyone with the washington analogy: it fails. It is saying that washington is *** in regards to america, as he created it. The only problem with that, is you can ask what created washington (his parents having sex) and answer it. Once again, by the persons own arguments everything must have a cause, and since he hints that *** has to play by his own rules in the "cant make a stone so big he cant lift" section, it would imply by his own argument that something would have had to cause ***.

Basically, his argument trades a logical train of though that ends in "I'm not sure, science is still working on it" for "LOL *** DID IT."

Apples? WTF are you on about?

It's not saying Washington is ***. It's using a simple chain like thing for a simple analgoy.
And no, you crealy dont understand the argument. Everything withing time, space and matter needs a cause. But what causes that? The first cause. And becuase created space, time and matter it is no restricted by those limits. DId Washington create his parents? No.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: Apples? WTF are you on about?

Jesus you're dense.

[quote=Bebop] Food cannot be made without someone putting ingredients and things in a cooking man inside a kitchen.

Apples.

[quote=bebop]It's not saying Washington is ***. It's using a simple chain like thing for a simple analgoy.
And no, you crealy dont understand the argument. Everything withing time, space and matter needs a cause. But what causes that? The first cause. And becuase created space, time and matter it is no restricted by those limits. DId Washington create his parents? No.

For the record, Peyton Randolph served as the President of the Continental congress from September 5, 1774

Posted by Bebop

Again you fail.

The analgy is looking at the creation of American Presidents, if anything, not America. So who came before Randolph? No one OH SHI-

But having a cause is something bound by the restricitons of space, time and matter. This includes Washington. That also means space,time and matter has to follow the rules of space, time and matter so , like the rules say, it must have a cause, which ISNT bound by space,time and matter. In anycase whether its a *** or not this is the way its going to be. Accept.

EDIT: Oh and about the apples thing, I want to congratulate you on misunderstanding and over thinking about something which was just a one off tiny analgy...again.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: Again you fail.

Lets take a look and see.

[QUOTE=Bebop]The analgy is looking at the creation of American Presidents, if anything, not America. So who came before Randolph?

His parents probably played a pretty big role in his creation, idk.

Quoting Bebop: But having a cause is something bound by the restricitons of space, time and matter. This includes Washington. That also means space,time and matter has to follow the rules of space, time and matter so , like the rules say, it must have a cause, which ISNT bound by space,time and matter. In anycase whether its a *** or not this is the way its going to be. Accept.

Then the initial premise (i.e. everything has a cause) is faulty and the entire argument can be discarded. Oh, gee, look at that.

Quoting Bebop: EDIT: Oh and about the apples thing, I want to congratulate you on misunderstanding and over thinking about something which was just a one off tiny analgy...again.

I like how every time your analogies fail massively, its my fault.

Edit: As far as over thinking goes, I literally said "apples" our loud right after I read that sentence. I mean, its such a glaring and obvious exception that any halfwit imbecile should have been able to see.

Posted by Bebop

Encore!

Quoting Lord of Spam: His parents probably played a pretty big role in his creation, idk.

His parents were the presidents before him?

[quote]Then the initial premise (i.e. everything has a cause) is faulty and the entire argument can be discarded. Oh, gee, look at that.

No it doesnt. Its not faulty. Its just how it is. You cant use the Sonic 1 level select cheat in Super Mario World and say the game is faulty.

[quote]I like how every time your analogies fail massively, its my fault.

Edit: As far as over thinking goes, I literally said "apples" our loud right after I read that sentence. I mean, its such a glaring and obvious exception that any halfwit imbecile should have been able to see.

The Washington one wasnt mine, yet it took several people to try and pound the point into your head. Unfortunately it didnt work. Also the fact you said 'apples' meant to were overlooking the inital point.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"The analgy is looking at the creation of American Presidents, if anything, not America. So who came before Randolph?"

his parents played a pretty big role. But I'm not going to bother quoting you anymore, because I've already won.

" Its just how it is."

You, and any credibility you had, ended right there. In a logical debate, you dont get to just say "lol thats the way it is". If someone challenges an asumption, it must be defended. thats the entire point of a debate. If you want to just say "This is teh way it is, because thats what I think and I like to think that way" then your reasoning in religious, not logical or philosophical.* To attempt to have a logical argument with someone like yourself is not worth my time, since you are willing to just say IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG THATS MY ARGUMENT LOL I WIN. So I'm going to go to work now. HAVE A NICE DAY.

*Before BJ eats my head, let me clarify. I'm not saying that religion cannot be logical or philosophical. I'm merely saying that using ONLY faith is the halmark of religion. All others require some form of reasoning which bebop has shown he does not possess.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't understand why we're arguing the washington thing. He was the first president of the United States of America. After its independence HE was the president. The analogy stands. Quit arguing semantics and get back to the point at hand.

Like... I want to know from you science type. In laymen's terms (which I can understand) how does science explain a black hole? WTF is it "supposed" to be.

Posted by chaser3592

1) i am not a moron the only thing that is not a theory is biology

2) there is more proof of THE CRISTIAN G0D than your precious science

3) AND BJ A BLACK HOLE IS "SUPPOSEDLY" A IMPLODED STAR SHOW ME PROOF!!!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]If the Washington analogy made sense then that means there were many G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]ds after the original G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]d? The theory of everything needing a prior cause makes sense, the Washington analogy in order to explain that theory doesn't.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]If the Washington analogy made sense then that means there were many G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]ds after the original G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]d? The theory of everything needing a prior cause makes sense, the Washington analogy in order to explain that theory doesn't.[/COLOR]

It's possible there was more than one *** but it simply used an existing chain where it would be easier to udnerstand there not being someone before someone. In this case Washington.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Bj Blaskowitz]Like... I want to know from you science type. In laymen's terms (which I can understand) how does science explain a black hole? WTF is it "supposed" to be.

A rather large inconvenience.

Seriously, read a Stephen Hawking book or something (preferably a later edition with tons of pictures), it'll explain it way better than anyone else here.

Here's a clip from Wikipedia, anyway:

[quote]
A black hole is an object predicted by general relativity with a gravitational field so strong that nothing can escape it — not even light.
A black hole is defined to be a region of spce-time where escape to the outside universe is impossible. The boundary of this region is a surface called the event horizon. This surface is a set of points (not an actual substance) in spacetime. Nothing can move from inside the event horizon to the outside, even briefly.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]If the Washington analogy made sense then that means there were many G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]ds after the original G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]d? The theory of everything needing a prior cause makes sense, the Washington analogy in order to explain that theory doesn't.[/COLOR]

way to totally miss the point of an analogy there, chief

Posted by keyartist

Thats total wrong, the point was america did exist before washington became the president, 1492 remember when columbus set sail in search for it.

And the apple thing, you don't just get an apple, first you must plant the seed, water and take care of it, harvest it, then ether eat it or, ship it, sell it then someone buys it.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: way to totally miss the point of an analogy there, chief

[COLOR="Yellow"]That happens, when they don't make sense.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

It made perfect sense. What part of it did you not understand?

Posted by Lord of Spam

GRAFGLELREAR

WASHINGTON DID NOT MAKE AMERICA, AND THERE WAS A DEFINATE CAUSE OF HIS BEING. HE IS NOTHING LIKE THE *** YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE. YOUR ANALOGY CONTAINS MORE ****E PER CUBIC METER THAN AN ACTUAL PEICE OF FECES RAAAAAAAAAAAAR. Also, did anyone else laugh as hard as I did that keyartist thinks that columbus was looking for america?

Posted by Bebop

It wasnt my analagy.
Its not about Washington creating America.
Its not about Washington being born.

Posted by Lord of Spam

then you might as well just say *** IS LIEK TEH FELLOWSHIP OIF TEH RINGZ CUZ IT WAS FURST LOL. Or, for that matter, arbitrarily pick anything that was first and say "lol it came first"

But really, not matter what you use, you arent going to find anything that will be comparable to ***. Thats sort of the whole point of ***. Generally speaking, all knowing, all seeing, all present, all powerful beings dont tend to have a lot of common correlaries on Earth. But feel free to keep trying to compare the perfect creator of the universe to a man who had fake teeth. I'm sure that'l work out well for you.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

pardon the expression, but goddamn you people are slow.

the analogy is drawing a parallel between chains, nothing more. Nobody created George Washington, he was simply there as the FIRST american president. The title of AMERICAN PRESIDENT began with George Washington, much like the title of CREATOR, happens through reactions, reproductions, etc, and it all leads back to G0D, much each president leads back to GW, the first american president. The alpha and the omega. It's a parallel between beginnings and endings. So it's a fine analogy. You can't disprove an entire concept of G0d just because you're trying your ****dest to argue a mother****ing analogy used loosely. But I guess I give you guys too much credit.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's an analogy, just not a particularly accurate one. Next.

BJ: Don't worry about sucking at maths and science, liking philosophy helps more whe you get into this realm of science. The pictures comment wasn't meant as an insult, Stephen Hawking didn't have any pictures in his original version and most people couldn't understand it. I learn and think visually a lot, and the diagrams helped me to understand the text.

Posted by Linko_16

Hundreds of years ago, people thought of things like lightning and rain to be acts of their g[color=indigo]ods because they didn't understand what it really was. If you ask me, this is the same sort of thing: just because we have no way of being sure what created the universe, even based on the terms given in the YTMND, it doesn't mean we have to say it was God.

Being mostly agnostic myself, I guess my response is mostly "Well, I guess it could be, but then again maybe not."
[/color]

Quoting chaser3592: there is more proof of THE CRISTIAN G0D than your precious science

AND BJ A BLACK HOLE IS "SUPPOSEDLY" A IMPLODED STAR SHOW ME PROOF!!!

If your philosophy here is "I don't believe it because I haven't seen it," then don't even start with "there's more proof of G[color=indigo]od than science."[/color]

Posted by Lord of Spam

I HAVE NEVER SEEN AIR IT MUST NOT EXIST.

Posted by CynicalBastard

Quoting chaser3592: 2) there is more proof of THE CRISTIAN G0D than your precious science

1) Where to start, where to start... Do you mean the Bible, which is an extraordinary claim but not extraordinary proof? Do you mean the First Cause argument, which does not actualy prove your particular "CHRISTIAN ***?" Do you mean any of the numerous other theories, all of which try (and fail) to prove ANY ***? Or do you perhaps mean the fact that so many people believe in it and therefore it must be true (because if you do, you're not very well versed in logic)? Or do you perhaps, as I don't doubt, have nothing to back up your claim?

2) Secondly, disregarding any proof you might give for your "CHRISTIAN ***" (G0d, I hate RANDOM CAPITALIZATION) let's look at the next part of your claim, that it has more proof of existing than science. Do you even know what science is? The scientific method is, by definition, the process of aquiring new knowledge. Scientific hypothesis undergo much evaluation and are run through tests to see if they are true or not, and while some previously accepted theories have been revised or scratched when new knowledge comes up, this does not discount science as a means of aquiring knowledge. So how can your G0d have more evidence of existing than science, when science is, in essence, just the pursuit of knowledge, and every conclusion arrived at by science is based on rigorous testing? Have preachers ever been able to test their hypothesis that *** exists? Of course not, *** transcends the natural world, and it would be impossible to scientifically prove Its existence. My point is that while your *** is a belief, science is knowledge, or at least the closest to knowledge that humans will ever come. But by all means, if I misinterpretted you or misrepresented you, please tell me exactly what you believe, and how your specific G0d can have more proof than science itself. I'm listening.

*opens ears, shuts mouth*

Posted by Arwon

A black hole is a ball of magic.

Posted by chaser3592

the shroud of turan is more proof than theorizing that a black hole (which no one has really seen because it is just a pitch black part of space which could just be a starless area)is an imploded star

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=chaser3592]2) there is more proof of THE CRISTIAN G0D than your precious science

What? I don't know what the second part means but show me proof of the first. ;-*

[quote=Spam]then you might as well just say *** IS LIEK TEH FELLOWSHIP OIF TEH RINGZ CUZ IT WAS FURST LOL. Or, for that matter, arbitrarily pick anything that was first and say "lol it came first"

But really, not matter what you use, you arent going to find anything that will be comparable to ***. Thats sort of the whole point of ***. Generally speaking, all knowing, all seeing, all present, all powerful beings dont tend to have a lot of common correlaries on Earth. But feel free to keep trying to compare the perfect creator of the universe to a man who had fake teeth. I'm sure that'l work out well for you.

I guess the fellowship could work too. Asking "who was before ***" is kind of like asking "who was in the fellowship of the ring before the fellowship" or "who was the president before Washington". Do you honestly not understand it?

Posted by Axis

I honestly can't see how someone could not get that analogy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: I guess the fellowship could work too. Asking "who was before ***" is kind of like asking "who was in the fellowship of the ring before the fellowship" or "who was the president before Washington". Do you honestly not understand it?

Yes, I understand it. Thats why I'm saying its ****. It doesnt make sense on anything other than a basic, obvious DUH sort of level, which serves no purpose in clarifying anything. Also, teh things being compared are nothing alike. So, ya know, its sort of a ****ty analogy.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting chaser3592: the shroud of turan is more proof than theorizing that a black hole (which no one has really seen because it is just a pitch black part of space which could just be a starless area)is an imploded star

[COLOR="Yellow"]G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]dda[COLOR="Yellow"]m[/COLOR]mit.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arwon

[size=5][b]WHERE'S YOUR PRECIOUS SCIENCE NOW?!?

MUAHAHAHA[/B][/SIZE]

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting chaser3592: which no one has really seen because it is just a pitch black part of space which could just be a starless area

Gravity.

It's a fact, look it up.

All I will say on this is that it makes absolutely no sense for a self-proclaimed Christian to ask for proof of something.

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="Cyan"]Christians believe that the human mind is limited because G@D does not want anyone to be omniscient or omnipotent if someone found out where heaven is and how G@D uses his holy power to create the universe. My alter ego *bimillennia* gives his biblical view of G@D's futile attempt to make humans ignorant from 'I don't believe in G@D!' thread from Open Discussion:: Current Events, Politics, Philosophy, etc:: Religion/Origin Of Life at [url]www.gpforums.co.nz[/url][/COLOR]

Posted by ExoXile

Depends on how you define "God".
If it's a force, must it be intelligent?

All other forces are not.

So why must this one?

And frankly, I think there was something "creating" "The first" too.

Humans just can't grasp the thought of "Eternity".
Because we use "Time".

I try not to think about it as time, just events.
Does make sense if you think about it.

I belive most things are random.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Wings: All I will say on this is that it makes absolutely no sense for a self-proclaimed Christian to ask for proof of something.

what an ignorant remark

What an ignorant poster.

See, I can be contraversial too!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

and in all cases you have no point. So I ask that you make it now.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

seriously. If you're not going to make a good point, don't get a stick up your twat when I point out that you're being a prick and insulting and expecting us to swallow it as "profound".

Okay, append 'when most of Christian belief is meant to be taken on faith, and that the Bible says that to ask for proof of God is to deny that faith.' the the end of my post.

Game, set, match.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the the fuck it is, you stuttering baffoon. Theology is a heavy part of the church, and theology is the study, in an attempt to prove, ***'s existence. Plus, you can't take one concept of faith, that being "not NEEDING proof to believe in ***" and somehow wave that over all Christians' heads when they ask that you PROVE a scientific theory, you empty-headed cockhound. Fine, I'll take your route, and use it against you. From here on out, people of "science" cannot DARE get angry when someone asks for proof of something (evolution, the big bang, ANYTHING), because SCIENCE is about asking QUESTIONS and PROVING things. When you deny someone's right to question, you are going against what science stands for. There, are you happy? See, I can be a completely uneducated, rhetorical nonsense spewing asshat too! WHAT DO I WIN? Jesus Christ, I can't believe I had to explain that. Weird how your comics suck such balls yet you can be so hilarious when attempting to be serious.

Wow, I awoke the beast.

Isn't theology then blasphemy in itself?

P.S, I don't write my comics. :)

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I hate ignorance masked with intelligence. Game. Set. Match.

I can't believe you're not seeing this. It's a statement on the Christian faith's hypocrisy on more levels than one.

There's a passage in the Bible - I forget which chapter, so feel free to do your own research on that - where somebody is questioning ***'s existence, and asking for verification. The answer is, more or less, that you must accept religion on faith, and 'without faith, I am nothing.'

My point was that to ask for proof of a deity's existence is to deny that faith, and for a Christian to do that is to go against the Bible's teaching (this, by the way, is why theology is mostly un-Christian).

I think the fact that I originally posted that over two months ago and can still remember my reasoning shows how much I actually care about this particular topic - it wasn't a throw-away remark. The church's hypocrisy and bullishness is the reason I'm no longer a Christian.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

and that has absolutely NOTHING to do with your original remark, which is that because of that one statement, in regards to ***'s existence, Christians shouldn't question the findings of science. They should just accept them, because some aspect of their doghma states they should accept that *** exists without proof. I can't believe you're ignorant enough to try to use that as a viable and logical assault on Christian thinking. I refuse to believe it. I know you aren't. You were just saying it as a snide passing remark, and I certainly hope you're smart enough to realize it's neither profound nor an even arguably GOOD rhetorical statement about Christian thinkers. If it is, prove it, man of science. So far you've failed to do so. Your last post, let me summarize.

Irrelevent.

Very vague, yet irrelevent reference to some biblical chapter (what does that have to do with why Christians shouldn't question the "findings" of science?

Who's asking for proof of ***'s existence? Certainly not CHristians. We're asking for proof of his nonexistence, which SURE SEEMS TO FIT THAT CRAPPY AD HOC BIBLE REFERENCE YOU PULLED OUTTA YOUR ***

You shouldn't care. Your reasoning sucks, or is flawed. If not, your writing needs work. If not that, your thinking process needs work. If not that, you're dellusional. And then follow that up with some dumb personal anecdote which nobody cares about and is also...guess what... irrelevent.

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I can't believe you're ignorant enough to try to use that as a viable and logical assault on Christian thinking.

Of course not. It was a slight joke, and a slight throw away statement, but there definitely was a deeper meaning behind it.

I'm not going to defend myself any more on this because I think you're being oversensitive about it, and if you really think that I was referring to science in my original post you understand the world a lot less than I originally gave you credit for.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think you put your foot in your mouth and now you have no defense because I've collapsed that house of cards you're trying poorly to maintain.

Posted by Bebop

Praise Allah!