The services at Hunter College sucks

Posted by Poison

I cannot believe Hunter College takes away so many simple services or makes them harder to benefit from. The other day, I tired to log on the wireless network in Hunter College and I failed. I first used my old login and password, which did not work for some odd reason. When I called the college number for Snet (Snet is the college wireless network service which is paid for by the student’s tech fee) services, I was put on hold for over 20 minutes before I eventually gave up and called again. The second time I called (which was about two seconds after I hung up; since I have it on speed dial), the auto message told me that the staff went to lunch, which means that the woman who told to hold, went to lunch right after and didn’t show me enough respect to tell me to call later. What did I do? I figured I would just go to the Snet help room, which was about ten minutes away on the other site of the college campus.

When I got to the Snet help room, I waited in line for about 30 minutes and then talked to the person who seems to lazily idle by the desk. I told him my problem, got the new login and password, and then preceded back to the lunch area, which was where I was before. By the time I got back from the help room, my seat had been taken and there were no available seats. I waited there until someone got up and left, sat down and turned on my laptop. After about ten more minutes of trying to log on, I concluded that the person who gave me my new login and password was a prick, and was useless. Since I already wasted a little over a hour of my two hour break, I decided to go back to the help room to rant about my problem and hopefully get it fixed, after all, waiting aimlessly in the lunch area pretty much sucked.

So off I go again. I left the available seating, took the minute walk across the campus, waited a little over half hour on line at the help room (which was about twice the size as before) and then talked to the same guy as before. Watching him in that stupid seat, barely opening his eyes or showing the slightest bit of interest pretty much made me want to slam his face against the table and leave him bleeding and struggling for air. Nevertheless, since we live in a sociality with rules that punish people for slamming and injuring annoying people at help desks, I figured I was better off just ranting at him. Finally, he told me that he wrote my password wrong (wrote J instead of G). I walked out without thanking the guy and decided to just use the remaining time I had left to get a better seat in my next class. In retrospect, what should have taken about two minutes took over an hour and forty minutes. How I’ll loath going to back for my Blackboard account info.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ugh, ***, that sounds so ****ing retarded. It's small **** like that which really gets under your skin. It's also why dorm life sucks ****, and why I tried to avoid it. As fun as it can be, it's a ****ing hassle and can get on your nerves quick.

Posted by Lord of Spam

the only problem i ever had with living in a dorm was the occasional too-drunk ******* and slow internet. Aside from that, it rocked.