HOLY LOVING SHIZNIT!!!! MOST PAINFULL MOMENT OF MY LIFE...

Posted by specopssv44

Ok... Today, I got to experience the most painfull moments of my life... I can honestly say, that for about an hour and a half or so, repeatedly bashing myself in the head with a blunt object till I knocked myself onconsious seemed like a good Idea.
As part of our S.O.C. training, we are taught how to use less than lethal weapons, and riot control techniques. Everything from beanbag shotguns, to riot shields and batons, to disarming and arresting techniques, and finally to O.C. Spray...
WTF is OC spray, you may find yourself asking. Well everyone knows what pepper spray is right? Well pepper spray, is the least concentrated form of the stuff. The next step up is called Mace (which, if Im correct, civilians can get), and finnally, you have OC spray.... Pure, unadulterated, ruin your life, make you wish you were dead, sell your soul to satan to make the pain go away, liquid fire. You cant buy it in the civilian sector, you cant even be issued a can without going through the training course ( which is called Class 1 OC Contamination), which is what I did today. If you use on someone within three feet of you, it is considered leathal because the presurized stream has a hypodermic needle effect, which can easily cause anaphlactic shock.
Ive broken bones, been burned, been beat the hell up, just about everything you could imagine. In a hearbeat Id rather have someone break my arm before getting sprayed with that ****. It has a near instant incapacitating effect. We saw a video of some dude in afghanistan, who went into a PCP induced rage, and attacked an American Vehicle Checkpoint... With rocks.... They hit him with butstocks, wrestled him to the ground, probably broke several bones, and the dude still got up, unti they hit him with some OC.
As I sit here on my computer, I do so with a fan directly in front of my face to ease the burning, and I havent showered yet because water reactivates it, and Im technically not off work yet, were standing by for word for our platoon commander.... I got sprayed roughly 8 to 9 hours ago, and Im still hurting...
I mean seriously, im a very angry person, and theres alot of people I dont like.... But I wouldnt wish that OC spray on any but the worst of them.... ****ing MAGU!!!
Just thought Id share todays utterly miserable experience with my friends on da V-G-C!

Posted by Bebop

Ouch. Why did you get sprayed?

Posted by WackoHater2

I wonder if I could get some of that stuff illegaly. There are like three people I wouldn't mind putting through hours of pain in a split second. Sucks you got sprayed though. You seem like a nice enough guy.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Ouch. Why did you get sprayed?

Before they qualify you to use the Spray, you have to get sprayed so you understand just what your doing to people. I mean everyone things "its just sprary, it cant be that bad!". Theres a guy I work with that **** near gothis right leg blown off my a 7.62mm round from an AK in Iraq, and when I talked to him today after we got sprayed he said " that spray hurt more than that chunck of flesh getting ripped from my leg did".... yeah it ****ing sucks, I mean weve got some crazy dudes in our platoon, and that **** turned them into *****es quick fast and in a hurry.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting specopssv44: O
Ive broken bones, been burned, been beat the hell up, just about everything you could imagine.

Ever fallen from the balcony of a baseball stadium, then run over by a bus, then a steamroller, then a marching band? It's not much fun.

Anyway, it's interesting that they would classify OC spray as less than lethal when you said it's lethal if used within 3 feet of a person.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Ever fallen from the balcony of a baseball stadium, then run over by a bus, then a steamroller, then a marching band? It's not much fun.

Anyway, it's interesting that they would classify OC spray as less than lethal when you said it's lethal if used within 3 feet of a person.

Yeah thats why they call it "less than lethal" as upposed to "non lethal". The whole point of our training was to teach us how to employ less than lethal weapons correctly, minimum standoff distances etc etc.. A bean bag shotgun, for example, can take someone down and cause little damage aside from a painfull bruise and some swelling, but if you use it incorrectly you can kill someone pretty easily, a head shot with a bean bag shotgun, or even an abdominal shot at point blank will kill someone.
The way it works, basically, is as follows. Seince we have been trained how to employ these less than lethal weapons, we are now responsible for our actions. If you are not athorized to use deadly force, and you repeatedly OC spray a guy until he curls into a ball and asphixiates himself, then you are at fault and will be charged accordingly. But, if, for example, you make a legitimate attempt to employ one of these less than lethal weapons properly, and something happens (say somone ducks down at the wrong moment, and gets a bean bag to the head and dies, even though you aimed at his torso), you can be cleared as long as you can prove you attempted to take him down without serious bodily harm.

Posted by The Judge

Wow, that really sucks. Sort of like when they make you take off your gas mask in a chemical filled room. Can't even imagine how bad that would hurt.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: Wow, that really sucks. Sort of like when they make you take off your gas mask in a chemical filled room. Can't even imagine how bad that would hurt.

I can. We do it once every year, its called the gas chamber, and its full of CS gas.... I thought that was bad enough, but OC spray makes running through a gas chamber without a mask seem like cake.

The following video is of police CS ing/ OC ing the hell out of a crowd of protestors. The police, frankly, are underequipped and seem to be poorly trained, but do an ok job from a technical standpoint. Watch when they mist the hell outta the crowd with a CS/OC mix, and all of a sudden the protestors decide it would be a good idea to move back a little bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkGLqxl4DA
Please note the police here do not use great strategy, they have no sheild line, they make no attempt to dislodge the crowd with stunball grenades first, and thus minimize the potential effects of their spray. I also was rather amazed at how prepared the protestors were.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

[quote=Raptor]Ever fallen from the balcony of a baseball stadium, then run over by a bus, then a steamroller, then a marching band? It's not much fun.

Yeah, that actually happened to me right after this cop foiled my ingenious plan to assassinate the Queen of England. Sucks because I was about to nail his hot girlfriend, too.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting specopssv44:
The following video is of police CS ing/ OC ing the hell out of a crowd of protestors. The police, frankly, are underequipped and seem to be poorly trained, but do an ok job from a technical standpoint. Watch when they mist the hell outta the crowd with a CS/OC mix, and all of a sudden the protestors decide it would be a good idea to move back a little bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkGLqxl4DA
Please note the police here do not use great strategy, they have no sheild line, they make no attempt to dislodge the crowd with stunball grenades first, and thus minimize the potential effects of their spray. I also was rather amazed at how prepared the protestors were.

HAha, for some reason they reminded me of the Combine Soldiers from Half Life 2.

I'd have just set them all on fire. They'd disperse even faster that way. :)

Posted by Killer Jordo

Woah. That sucks Spec. But I suppose it's needed to show what happens when you use it. So you will know. But that still sucks ***.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've always wanted to be maced, just to see what it would be like.

cue the OH NOE YOU DONTs now

Posted by Zeta

OH NOE YOU DON'T!

Also, /r/ video of spec in the ninja costume getting sprayed.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I do not envy you. I'd just say "**** this ****" and walk out. Who cares if I get the training or not.

Posted by Apathetic

Wow, well umm glad you survived it. And it sounds pretty harsh.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: I've always wanted to be maced, just to see what it would be like.

cue the OH NOE YOU DONTs now

... Its worse than mace, its roughly 9% more concentrated (Mace is about POINT.92%, and BEAR REPPELANT is roughly 1.5% concentrate. The OC Spray we got hit with is 10.5% Concentrate.... yeah)

Quoted post: I do not envy you. I'd just say "**** this ****" and walk out. Who cares if I get the training or not.

That, my friend is not an option we have. In fact it would be considered criminal for us to do so and we could be subject to trail under the uniform code of military justice for refusing to obey a lawfull order...
... Its not something I want to ever have to do again, but Im glad I went through it. I thought I had a considerably high pain threshold before, but now it definatly went up a few clicks...

Posted by higbvuyb

If OC is similar to Mace, according to your video, you've just increased your chances of having heart failure, or a miscarriage.

Posted by specopssv44

Quoted post: If OC is similar to Mace, according to your video, you've just increased your chances of having heart failure, or a miscarriage.

If mace does cause heart failure, anyone who gets repeatdly sprayed with OC is doomed haha....

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Yeah, that actually happened to me right after this cop foiled my ingenious plan to assassinate the Queen of England. Sucks because I was about to nail his hot girlfriend, too.

GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE HERE KNOWS GOOD FILMS.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Raptor: GOOD TO SEE SOMEONE HERE KNOWS GOOD FILMS.

If you haven't watched all 33 1/3 Naked Gun films, you haven't lived.

I once sprayed mace into my hand to see what it looked like, but then the fumes made my eyes burn, so I wussed out. I think I could handle the OC spray pretty well :o

Posted by specopssv44

the first 5 minutes I was just ****ed off and had all my adreline going cause I needed to finish the course, but after I got done with the course, couldnt really breath, and realized my face and eyes were gonna be onfire for the next few hours i was a little upset to say the least