A movie playing software?

Posted by Crazy K

I recently got high speed internet and would love to start downloading movies and watching them, but I don't have a program that will let me watch a video. So is there some kinda "free" program I can download so I can watch the movies right on my computer?

Posted by higbvuyb

Do you mean 'cinema' movies? If you want to watch them, you'll have to download them using a file-sharing program, which is illegal.

If you just mean video clips, you don't need a program to 'download' them. Just install WIndows Media player or some other Video player, find a video on google that you want to watch, download it, and open with the media player.

Posted by Klarth

VLC Media Player is probably the best of its type.

As for downloading full-length movies, read up on BitTorrent and check around at TorrentScrape.

Posted by Crazy K

I use Ares to download full length movies, it only takes around 20 or so minutes on my computer.

[Quote=Klarth]VLC Media Player is probably the best of its type.

Will that be able to play full lentgh movies? I recently downloaded the Descent and would like to watch it.

[Quote=higbvuyb]Do you mean 'cinema' movies? If you want to watch them, you'll have to download them using a file-sharing program, which is illegal.

Yeah, I usually don't catch movies in theaters like I would like to so either I could wait for the DVD release or download it. I will also download indie, and Limited Released films.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Crazy K]
Will that be able to play full lentgh movies? I recently downloaded the Descent and would like to watch it.
Yep. Works fine.

Posted by Crazy K

Alright thanks.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Depending on what you downloaded, Windows Media Player will play most things. It should have come with your machine - no need to download anything special.

Posted by Crazy K

I tried Windows Media player, and It never worked for me, so I just downloaded VLC. It works greatly.

Posted by janu123

VLC media player is best software for this purpose...........