Stream video from your PC to your 360 without Media Center :)

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

With the release of Windows Media Player 11, this will be possible. I just grabbed the beta, and there is an option for music, photo and video sharing to a 360 in the Library tab (it's also a lot better than 10). All that it requires is a 360 dashboard update to be able to receive the files, which should be out in conjunction with the full version of WMP11, which should be out before Christmas.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No music sharing? :(

Either way, this is **** awesome. A lot better than me and my friends crowding around a monitor.

I said music, dude. Music and photo sharing is already possible with Windows Media Connect.

The best thing is that I can download whole movies and watch them on an actual TV without having to waste a disc. Oh yes.

Quoted post: I said music, dude. Music and photo sharing is already possible with Windows Media Connect.

Ah ****, I read that wrong. As in "it can play music, view pictures, and send movies to the 360." Excellent.

Yeah. Go ahead and grab the beta if you don't already have Media Connect, because you can view images and music as it is now. If you have a dodgy copy of Windows, hit me up for a workaround for the WGA.

Just grabbed it now, thanks man. I'll definitely put the music feature to **** good use.

Posted by Axis

Ahh man, this is pretty sweet. Thanks for the heads up, Wings.