Animal Crossing: Fishing Issues (AC on GC, not WW)

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, I haven't bought Wild World yet since I lost my freaking DS.

But anyway, I'm missing one fish, and I've looked a few online guides to find out what it was. I believe it's a "Stringfish" and I can't get it anywhere! I looked at one guide that said you can get it in either the river or that lake that the river flows into, during December through February, between 4PM and 9AM.

I've fished in that criteria for about a total of 5 hours, and I get nothing but stupid common fish like Barbel Steed and Dace. The guide said that it had a medium silhouette, similar in size to a Dace or Bass. And seriously, I can't get this fish... Anyone have any ideas to what I might try?

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah I got it, it was one of the very first fish I caught.

A friend of mine who just about never played the game caught 2 in one week.
You'll get it one day.
Maybe.

I still have 3 fish left to catch.
Don't kow what they are though.

Gotta catch 'em all!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I got it!

I got my golden rod and I am so stoked. It's awesome.

Posted by D.J Cat

Man, I saw the biggest fish I've ever seen last night in a friends town, and I stuffed it (cause it bit and fled instantly).
That and I caught some Salmon last week, but threw them back in the river to make room in my inventory without putting one in the museum.
Now I get the feeling that they won't appear again till next September. :(
Meh.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting D.J Cat: Man, I saw the biggest fish I've ever seen last night in a friends town, and I stuffed it (cause it bit and fled instantly).
That and I caught some Salmon last week, but threw them back in the river to make room in my inventory without putting one in the museum.
Now I get the feeling that they won't appear again till next September. :(
Meh.

Was it in the river, or ocean? If it was in the river, it was a Airpaima (spelled wrong most likely). The biggest shadow in the game. It's an awesome fish.

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah it was in the river, and you reminded me cause I looked at it in my friend's museum and I remember the name.
I hope I get a chance to catch another one. :o

Posted by WackoHater2

They come around in the evening. I am not 100% sure of the times. Just walk back and forth along the river after like 4PM, you'll get one.

Posted by JRequalizer

After 4PM.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Now I'm having trouble with catching bugs... I've checked a few guides that say you can get spiders by shaking trees, and I haven't gotten a single one!

Posted by WackoHater2

Bugs can be a real hassle.

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah, I have bugger all bugs, yet I have all but 2 fish now (I got meself a salmon).

Lame people, who cheat and are lame at AC :( Thos epoeple are lame. :(

Posted by WackoHater2

I used to use cheats. 30,000 bells and such. I stopped. I wanted to see how long it'd take me to get all of the things done without them. I was playing for like a month, then school started, and I haven't touched my GameCube since.

Posted by GameMiestro

My dad got ticked off when I started giving my 8 year old sister codes for Animal Crossing. As far as I'm concerned, it's not cheating if it was programmed into the game.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, it's a lot more fun to play with no cheats. Using cheas, you can pay off your house within an hour and get all kinds of sweet furniture, but where do you go from there? It's not like you can accomplish a whole lot more, at least not with the great expedience that cheating brought you.

I've had several towns, some legit and some cheated to high heaven. The legit ones are always more fun. It's actually tough to find time to participate in the town events in order to get your hands on the items that Tortimer has. Typically, my work schedule interferes with the Autumn Sports Fair or something, you know? But that's okay, I'm sure I'll get it next year (LOL).