T.I.

Posted by WackoHater2

So, I was watching Sucker Free Countdown today, like I do every Sunday. Today is the best of the Summer. T.I., from what I remember, is in three out of twenty videos. Two of his own, and he is in the video for "Shoulder Lean" by Young Dro. T.I. isn't that good in my opinion. Not good enough for three spots on the top twenty anyway. Anywhoo, your opinions on T.I.?

Posted by Kamek

I'm not a big fan of southern rap at all. Or the crunk movement. However, T.I. is listenable. Not exactly the most thought provoking subject matter though.

I DO like the concept of his new album though. It's called T.I. vs T.I.P. pitting his old and new personas against each other, as he feels there is no one who's worthy competition.

Posted by WackoHater2

T.I. gets very old quickly to me. I used to love the songs "Rubberband Man" and "ASAP" but I just lost interest. I love Southern Rap though. Field Mob, Ciara, Ludacris, those are some of my favorites. D4L, Dem Franchize Boyz, the list goes on. I love Crunk and Hyphe as well.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Panic: T.I. gets very old quickly to me. I used to love the songs "Rubberband Man" and "ASAP" but I just lost interest. I love Southern Rap though. Field Mob, Ciara, Ludacris, those are some of my favorites. D4L, Dem Franchize Boyz, the list goes on. I love Crunk and Hyphe as well.

lol, that is where we differ. D4L is what's wrong with the rap game. Songs like that getting continuous airplay? I mean, for the clubs, southern rap is definitely something to throw on. However, it's songs like Laffy Taffy and things of that sort that turn many people off of rap. Southern rap to me, is mostly club music.

There ARE some southern rap artists that I do like though. Outkast and Scarface are the two that come to mind right away when I think of good southern rap.

The crunk movement is what is ****ing up rap for me right now.

Posted by WackoHater2

Outkast is fantastic. :D

Posted by Crazy K

I have never really got back into rap. I sometimes catch a few songs but it's rare nowadays.

Posted by WackoHater2

For some reason, you seem like someone who would listen to a lot of rap. I dunno why. Everytime I see you posting in the Currently Playing thread it's always Dream Theater. Good band either way.

Posted by Crazy K

I used to be a frequent listener to Eminem and 50 cent, but after a wile I completely fell out of the genre. My cousin a wile ago got me to listen to some rap based in Texas, but I havent looked into it for some time now.

Anyways I really don't hear poetry in rap music anyways, which is what would bring me back to the genre.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah. Rap music, although I am a fan of it, has gone off track. My homeroom teacher loves old school rap and heavy metal. She is the coolest teacher. Ever.

Posted by Arcadios

I was listening to T.I.'s King album and there were alot of songs I enjoyed.

Posted by WackoHater2

I agree. There are a lot of good tracks on King, and some of T.I.'s other albums.. but they get old quick. I am extremely surprised at myself. The song "Deja Vu" by Jay-Z and Beyoncé is so good! I haven't gotten tired of it yet. I usually get tired of Jay-Z and Beyoncé song after like two plays.

Posted by NeXidala

[QUOTE=Panic]I agree. There are a lot of good tracks on King, and some of T.I.'s other albums.. but they get old quick. I am extremely surprised at myself. The song "Deja Vu" by Jay-Z and Beyonc

Posted by brownoystercult

AND LET YO SHOUUULDAAAAA' LEAN

Posted by NeXidala

Does yo chain hang low
Do it wobble to the flo
Does it shine in the light
Is it platinum, Is it gold!

Posted by Kamek

lol...exactly what is wrong with rap today.

I have no problem with these songs, maybe blasting in a car or chilling to them for fun, but when people associate this with what good hip-hop really is, I shudder.

I mean, friends and myself have danced to shoulder lean in jest on 34th street in manhattan, but for that kind of stuff to be lauded as good rap... I don't know about that.

Posted by brownoystercult

Are you saying that like I said it was good or something? If so, then you totally got the wrong idea. I just think it's catchy.

Posted by Crazy K

I myself don't mind Rap music in a dance, but it would be nice to hear a metal song so I can just go crazy.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Roinkz: Are you saying that like I said it was good or something? If so, then you totally got the wrong idea. I just think it's catchy.

No. I was making a statement on what I feel people shouldn't base their perception of hiphop music on.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting NeXidala: Wow, you listen to a lot of mainstream!!!!!!

I do listen to a lot of mainstream. I admit it. I listen to what I like. Thats all. I have been getting into a lot of underground bands though. Lmfao. My friend James, the other day, called Atreyu underground. I laughed so hard.

Posted by NeXidala

That's what I think of hip-hop nowadays. Not good or in depth but catchy. I love to listen to hip-hop songs and I dance to them a lot. But it's not to the point where I'm going to be listening to it in my room for hours. Personally, what I think that's happening is that people are no longer trying to get in depth songs that mean something, but songs that are sugar for your ears.