Quit

Posted by Viccica

Nickelback quits the concert during the second song because of people throwing rocks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=75qV147qkVk

Posted by Ant

Probably just a few guys. And like so many other things in life. It only takes one to ruin it for everyone else. Well, anyone that wanted to see them.

Posted by Raptor

Why on earth would anyone want to throw rocks at such a talented American rock band as Nickelback?

No, but seriously, the audience had the right idea. The Portuguese want Moonspell, ******* it, not this awful, poppy, watered-down Ameritrash. That ought teach 'em to stay the hell out of Portugal.

Posted by Viccica

Agreed.

I love how he threw such a ***** fit about it.

'omg we r rawk end rowl f jew!!!11'

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Eh, I thought he was pretty cool about it. I've seen worse, though they definitely deserved it. When he got pegged right in the back of the head was great stuff.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

didn't watch; no interest

I can still tell you they deserve it though. You know, for sucking.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Raptor: Why on earth would anyone want to throw rocks at such a talented American rock band as Nickelback?

I thought you were being serious for a second.

I love how the audience was completely silet. Love it.
Thank you Portugal! :cookie:

Posted by NeXidala

Ha saw it. It's funny how when he said "Are there any Nickelback fans here!" And nobody really yelled or anything, so he turns around and someone hits him the a rock in the head! Ha brilliant, though, wasn't it a metal concert?

Posted by Raptor

[QUOTE=Ch

Posted by Killer Jordo

I like a few Nickelback songs. Portugeuse(don't care about spelling) people are dicks. Seriously. They could've gone home. Why did they even come to a concert they have no intrest in?

It's a festival, not a concert dedicated to just Nickleback.

Posted by Gollum

I want to give Raptor rep for both posts in this thread, especially for the Moonspell comment. And Killer Jordo deserves a negative rep for being generally idiotic about Portuguese people.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Killer Jordo: I like a few Nickelback songs.

ugh.

[quote]Portugeuse(don't care about spelling) people are dicks. Seriously. They could've gone home. Why did they even come to a concert they have no intrest in?

What Vampiro said. Secondly, judging an entire ethnicity by the behaviours of a few people in an audience is not only absurd, it is a prime example of spellbinding stupidity.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Raptor: Secondly, judging an entire ethnicity by the behaviours of a few people in an audience is not only absurd, it is a prime example of spellbinding stupidity.

oh lawd is that sum irony? :cookie:

Posted by Killer Jordo

Fine, I take back what I said about the whole continent. But still, why would those few people GO to see Nickelback. It may be a festival but why would you go to that part of it? It's like EdFest in Edmonton. Just because I had an all week pass doesn't mean I went to every concert.

Quoted post: Fine, I take back what I said about the whole continent. But still, why would those few people GO to see Nickelback. It may be a festival but why would you go to that part of it? It's like EdFest in Edmonton. Just because I had an all week pass doesn't mean I went to every concert.

Dur maybe because more than one bands plays on the same stage in a single day? What ar they going to do, lose their spot upfront because some ****ty band is coming up before someone they've been dying to see? A big band like that should know their crowd. You don't play in a biker bar if you're an emo band.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Killer Jordo: Fine, I take back what I said about the whole continent. But still, why would those few people GO to see Nickelback. It may be a festival but why would you go to that part of it? It's like EdFest in Edmonton. Just because I had an all week pass doesn't mean I went to every concert.

Vampiro beat me to it again, but I'll say my part anyway: if I had gradually made my way to the front of the crowd over the course of two hours and Mudpuddle of a CoRn Biznisskit started playing a few songs of horrible music, I would keep my place and suffer through it if it meant getting to see a band I truly enjoyed playing right after them. And I would hope to have some rocks handy.

Posted by Apathetic

Wow they got owned.

Posted by WackoHater2

I haven't read half of whats been said, because I got tired of Vamp and Raptor being gay. I happen to like Nickelback, and I think it was awesome, how they walked away. Asshole people shouldn't throw rocks. Boo them off stage if you don't like them.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I'm just going to shut up now.

Posted by Viccica

Panic, Nickelback has the musical aptitude of a ****ing toad.

He can't sing, they can't play.

Walking off stage is not awesome or cool in any way, shape or form. It's a ****ing diva move and he acted like a prat.

I hope someone kicked his head in for walking off stage because, whether you are good or not, you just don't do that at a concert. It won't boost popularity, though it may raise a few fists in his direction.

And people were booing. They just added the rock for good measure.

:D

Posted by NeXidala

Well, obviously there was a reason as to which people threw rocks at them. Quite frankly, they must have been frustrated of sorts and had no other method to get them off stage but to throw rocks at them. Guess it worked. Though, I hate how he drank the water, kinda pisses me off.

Posted by Apathetic

Dont like water waste?

Posted by NeXidala

No it's not that. Well I don't like it but that wasn't what pissed me off. I don't really know what it was but, meh. I think it was the way he became a diva and threw the water trying to look cool and stuff, like "RAWR! I can throw TEH WATER!"

Posted by Viccica

Not to mention the whole 'Rock and roll' bit.

****ing over-hyped trendy sonuva *****es need to take some lessons.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting NeXidala: No it's not that. Well I don't like it but that wasn't what pissed me off. I don't really know what it was but, meh. I think it was the way he became a diva and threw the water trying to look cool and stuff, like "RAWR! I can throw TEH WATER!"

<3 u. hahahahahha makes this whole thing way more funnier now.

Posted by Hyper

****ing American bands trying to be cool in Portugal.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting Viccica: Panic, Nickelback has the musical aptitude of a ****ing toad.

He can't sing, they can't play.

I hope someone kicked his head in for walking off stage because, whether you are good or not, you just don't do that at a concert. It won't boost popularity, though it may raise a few fists in his direction.

:D

Withdrawing my first statement for this post only.

Ok Vic. Let's put you on stage and have some people hurl rocks at you? Would you stand there? No. And don't try and act like a tought little girl because we all know you wouldn't. Secondly, Nickelback isn't sh[COLOR="#FF9933"]it[/COLOR] ok. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't!

Quoted post:

Ok Vic. Let's put you on stage and have some people hurl rocks at you? Would you stand there? No. And don't try and act like a tought little girl because we all know you wouldn't. Secondly, Nickelback isn't **** ok. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't!

There's a way to walk of stage, I've done it before. You don't even talk to the fans, just get off the stage quietly. You don't do what they did unless you're full of yourself, which they are. It's not very difficult to feel a crowd that doesn't want you there.

P.S. they are ****. All those people that like them shouldn't and just because they do doesn't mean they're good.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Killer Jordo: Secondly, Nickelback isn't sh[COLOR="#FF9933"]it[/COLOR] ok.

Yes, they are ****. Any attempts to dispute this fact will surely fail harder than the lead singer's grating voice, which is the auricular equivalent of a rash between your legs.

Posted by Viccica

Quoting Killer Jordo:
Ok Vic. Let's put you on stage and have some people hurl rocks at you? Would you stand there? No. And don't try and act like a tought little girl because we all know you wouldn't.
No. I wouldn't stand on stage. But I wouldn't act the way he did. He tried to play it cool and acted like an *** hole. There's a way to walk off stage if it's ****ing neccessary, and he ****ed it up. Don't try and insult me. Your insults are just as half-assed as their music.
[quote=Killer Jordo]
Secondly, Nickelback isn't sh[COLOR="#FF9933"]it[/COLOR] ok. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't!

Okay. Jordo. Nickelback is an untalented, overrated trendy pop band that has the musical aptitude equivalent to that of a tone deaf 80 year old woman on her deathbed using a voicebox due to excessive smoking with added bronchitis.

Like Vamp said, just because people like them doesn't mean they're good.

My 10 year old brother plays guitar just as well as their guitarist. There's no ****ing accomplishment in that.

Don't stick up for them. They're a **** band and I could go on for hours on their faults. You won't be able to put up too great of a defense if all you can come up with is 'people like them'.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Apathetic: <3 u. hahahahahha makes this whole thing way more funnier now.

Hehe yeah, that's pretty much what got to me! Frikkin diva.........

Posted by Alastor

So by nearly everyone's logic, the fact that some people like a band doesn't make them good, but rather they're horrible for no real reason other than your dislike of them. Seems like some serious Rule #1 violation to me.

Posted by NeXidala

Meh, I never said they were bad or anything. I just didn't like the lead singers attitude by trying to act all strong and cool. I liked the drummers attitude better, actually.

Posted by Alastor

Well, that wasn't really my point. I was referring to the thread itself rather than the video.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Viccica: No. I wouldn't stand on stage. But I wouldn't act the way he did. He tried to play it cool and acted like an *** hole. There's a way to walk off stage if it's ****ing neccessary, and he ****ed it up. Don't try and insult me. Your insults are just as half-assed as their music.

Or maybe, just maybe, people couldn't throw f*cking ROCKS at them.

[quote]Okay. Jordo. Nickelback is an untalented, overrated trendy pop band that has the musical aptitude equivalent to that of a tone deaf 80 year old woman on her deathbed using a voicebox due to excessive smoking with added bronchitis.

Don't stick up for them. They're a **** band and I could go on for hours on their faults. You won't be able to put up too great of a defense if all you can come up with is 'people like them'.

You're starting to annoy me. All you're doing is dressing up "they suck" with a bunch of pretty words. It's okay to hate a band and see fault in them, but you're a real dick passing around your OPINION as FACT. There's a f*cking DIFFERENCE.

[quote]Like Vamp said, just because people like them doesn't mean they're good.

And just because people don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. So stfu.

Quoted post: So by nearly everyone's logic, the fact that some people like a band doesn't make them good, but rather they're horrible for no real reason other than your dislike of them. Seems like some serious Rule #1 violation to me.

nah, they just don't play good music. It's not even catchy. If you're not going to be talented at your instrument, at least be catchy. They can't even do that right. But hey, it's cool if you like that stuff. I mean, I like black metal.

Quoted post: And just because people don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. So stfu.

oh boo-hoo someone said another band sucks. lol happens all the time, nub. Calm down and realise music is completely subjective. Let people hate all they want, let them present it as fact, because to them, it IS a fact.

Quoted post: Or maybe, just maybe, people couldn't throw f*cking ROCKS at them.

Wouldn't be the first time, nor the last. Like I said, you don't play to a crowd that doesn't dig your music. Why? Because of what happened to them. People are violent in the pits, they'll throw whatever **** they want if it gets their message across. That's why certain bands of specific genres tour together, so you don't end up with a emo band playing at a metal festival.

Posted by Shade

[quote]oh boo-hoo someone said another band sucks. lol happens all the time, nub. Calm down and realise music is completely subjective. Let people hate all they want, let them present it as fact, because to them, it IS a fact.

I was merely reversing her logic to prove a point. And she's telling somebody that they're wrong about the band, and that they really suck no matter what anybody says. She thinks that what's fact to HER is fact to everybody else. Which is what I was getting at. If she's going to rant about them this much, then she could at least TRY and see why people might like them just a little bit. Like, I hate screamo music, but along with my reasoning of why I hate it, I can understand that people like the music for the very reasons I don't.

[quote]Wouldn't be the first time, nor the last. Like I said, you don't play to a crowd that doesn't dig your music. Why? Because of what happened to them. People are violent in the pits, they'll throw whatever **** they want if it gets their message across. That's why certain bands of specific genres tour together, so you don't end up with a emo band playing at a metal festival.

Their publicist obviously did a really sh*tty job of letting them know that, "Hey guys, these people aren't really gonna like you."

Posted by Alastor

[QUOTE=Vampiro]nah, they just don't play good music. It's not even catchy. If you're not going to be talented at your instrument, at least be catchy. They can't even do that right. But hey, it's cool if you like that stuff. I mean, I like black metal.

[quote]Let people hate all they want, let them present it as fact, because to them, it IS a fact.

Heh. You just proved my point and made me agree with you in one fell swoop. Well done.

Edit: So it was a metal festival, then?

Quoted post:
I was merely reversing her logic to prove a point. And she's telling somebody that they're wrong about the band, and that they really suck no matter what anybody says. She thinks that what's fact to HER is fact to everybody else. Which is what I was getting at. If she's going to rant about them this much, then she could at least TRY and see why people might like them just a little bit. Like, I hate screamo music, but along with my reasoning of why I hate it, I can understand that people like the music for the very reasons I don't.

And why do you care?

Quoted post:
Their publicist obviously did a really sh*tty job of letting them know that, "Hey guys, these people aren't really gonna like you."

... you can kinda tell if a crowd is into you or not before they throw rocks. It's the band's fault as much as anyone esle.

Quoted post: Edit: So it was a metal festival, then?

Just an example.

Posted by Shade

Why? Because I don't like it when people pass off their opinion as a hard fact, instead of admitting that it's just their opinion. Bottom line.

Quoted post: Why? Because I don't like it when people pass off their opinion as a hard fact, instead of admitting that it's just their opinion. Bottom line.

Because you aruging it is really going to change their mind?

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: Because you aruging it is really going to change their mind?

No, but it might change the way they voice it.

Posted by Shade

Not at all, but I felt like getting my point across. I am allowed to make post, right?

Probably not. I've been in my fair share of arguments about music and people rarely change their stance.

Quoted post: Not at all, but I felt like getting my point across. I am allowed to make post, right?

lol no :rolleyes: I'm just saying. You're telling them to not force their opinions as fact, yet you feel the need to force your opinion on those you disagree with? huh.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, an opinion, not a fact. Drop it.

Posted by Alastor

But at that particular concert, was it a metal festival or no?

Quoted post: Yeah, an opinion, not a fact. Drop it.

Doesn't change a thing. You're being hypocritical.

Quoted post: But at that particular concert, was it a metal festival or no?

No clue. I believe they've had heavier bands play there, like Dimmu, Morbid Angel and Slipknot. Plus, they were booed of stage a the same festival in 2002... if I recall correctly. So it doesn't matter. They should have known better.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: No clue. I believe they've had heavier bands play there, like Dimmu, Morbid Angel and Slipknot. Plus, they were booed of stage a the same festival in 2002... if I recall correctly. So it doesn't matter. They should have known better.

Oh so Nickelback had been booed of before[b] at this [b]same festival? Well, then! I think they should've known better then to go again! It's like putting your hand in fire even if you know it's going to burn you!

Posted by Viccica

Quoting Shade: Or maybe, just maybe, people couldn't throw f*cking ROCKS at them.
If a heavy metal band decided to stat playing at a hip hop concert, what are the odds you think they wouldn't get somehow booted off the stage? Same concept. A pop band went to a metal concert, and they retaliated.

[Quote=Slade]You're starting to annoy me. All you're doing is dressing up "they suck" with a bunch of pretty words. It's okay to hate a band and see fault in them, but you're a real dick passing around your OPINION as FACT. There's a f*cking DIFFERENCE.
Well, when you're trying to sufficiently state that a band can't really play the instruments they've decided to make a living off of very well, it's hard to really explain that to someone who is dead set on the idea that they're a decent band. Do people like them? Yes. Do people think they're a good band? Yes. Does that mean they're talented? No. I mean, look at Paris Hilton.

[quote=Slade]And just because people don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. So stfu.

And yes. It does. If you were to listen to each individual instrument and base your judgement on how well they play rather than how it sounds when it's thrown together, you'd see that they aren't really that talented. Nor is their singer.

Posted by Alastor

They've got fans. They obviously have some form of talent. :rolleyes:

[Quote]Do people like them? Yes. Do people think they're a good band? Yes. Does that mean they're talented? No.

Case in point. It doesn't seem like they'd have any fans at all if they were really that untalented, now would they?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Alastor: They've got fans. They obviously have some form of talent. :rolleyes:

You'd be suprised.

Quoting Alastor: Case in point. It doesn't seem like they'd have any fans at all if they were really that untalented, now would they?

You'd be suprised.

Posted by Gollum

Quoting Alastor: They've got fans. They obviously have some form of talent. :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to just jump in for a minute and say that it doesn't take talent to be liked, especially with all the crap people release these days. Does anyone think that Paris Hilton has any singing talent?

Edit: **** you hyper :mad:

Posted by Alastor

If it sells, then obviously someone does.

Apply this to any band, not just Nickelback. You see them as untalented because you don't like them, but that's not fact. Neither is the opposite fact, so quit trying to pass either as such.

Quoted post: If it sells, then obviously someone does.

Apply this to any band, not just Nickelback. You see them as untalented because you don't like them, but that's not fact. Neither is the opposite fact, so quit trying to pass either as such.

They aren't talented at their intruments. They're talented in selling themselves. That's about it.

Posted by Viccica

A lot of highly untalented people have a fairly large amount of fans. Beastie Boys, Paris Hilton, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Blink 182, Panic! At The Disco, the list goes on and on.

[quote=Alastor]
Case in point. It doesn't seem like they'd have any fans at all if they were really that untalented, now would they?

Read above. They've plenty of fans. Talented? I think not.

[quote=Alastor]
If it sells, then obviously someone does.
Not nescesarily. People can sell plenty of records just by meida coverage and radio plays. I'll admit that people LIKE them, but that doesn't change a thing talent-wise.

[quote=Alastor]
And I don't dislike the band, I think there's actually a song or two I find mildly catchy, but that doesn't change my opinion on it being a ****ty band. Being catchy and being good are two entirely different things.

Posted by Alastor

I'm honestly wondering why the fuck I'm even bothering right now. Good job.

It's not for you to decide if they're talented or not. You may think they are or aren't, but that doesn't make it fact. Vampiro's already covered that, though, so I guess I concede. No point in continuing a pointless debate.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Viccica:
Walking off stage is not awesome or cool in any way, shape or form. It's a ****ing diva move and he acted like a prat.

Well if people were throwing f[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]cking rocks at me, I'd walk off stage.

He just wanted to get off the stage. Not trying to be cool.

Quoting Viccica: Being catchy and being good are two entirely different things.

They way I see it, being catchy is good.

buffet

Posted by Viccica

To each their own. You might think they're good, I don't.

I went a bit out of hand, but I'm a ***** when it comes to proving my point. Or trying to, anywho.

And I just think that anyone who plays guitar, or sings or plays drums can say that a lot of the things they play/sing many dedicated musicians work on for a year or two to get to the level they're at.

But eh. What do I know, right?

Quoted post: Well if people were throwing ****ing rocks at me, I'd walk off stage.

He just wanted to get off the stage. Not trying to be cool.

Did you not watch the video?

Posted by Viccica

Quoting Vampiro: Did you not watch the video?

Posted by Hyper

TALENT ISN'T SUBJECTIVE.

Posted by Ch

Yea. I watched the video. They play, rocks thrown, stops, gives audience speech, gets pegged, flips off crowd, leaves.

But what I'm getting at is that Viccica said "IT'S NOT COOL TOO LEAVE AT ALL OMGOMGMOMGOMG"

What did you want them to do? Stay there and look even more like idiots?
Best to leave.

Oh, I didn't read the part where she implied they were supposed to stay. But they should have just left. Nothing more.

Posted by Raptor

Yeah, I love it when he actually takes the time to ask whether they want to go home or listen to some rock 'n' roll. OBVIOUSLY THEY WOULD RATHER GO HOME THAN LISTEN TO YOUR BAD MUSIC THAT IN FACT'S OPINION TAKES NO TALENT TO PLAY, IMBECILE. THEY'RE THROWING ****ING ROCKS AT YOU.