Who still watch's G4TV?

Posted by Vg200x

dicussion about the T.V channel G4.cheat! and EP are the only shows worth watching now,X-play is ****ing me off cause all they show is crappy games and they don't give good ratings. How many people are getting ****ed off with AOTS? *for all the stuff you wan't to no*(something along the lines) who really gives two terds about the myspace whore of the week? I sure as heck don't,I get about 50 requests a day.and some of the stuff they talk about just isn't that good, evan tho I thought the wiffel bat wars was funny as heck, and the mentoes and coke show was great but other than that I think it should be done for. who wants to protest with me to bring back techTV and kat.. how I miss kat :( evan tho I like to see a mud fight with her and blair butler. :-D

Posted by WackoHater2

I would watch it if I had it. I watch it sometimes over my friends house. It's cool. I'd probably be more interested in future systems of I had G4.

Posted by Crazy K

It's a horrible channel. I catch AOTS from time to time, but find it boring and check what else is on. G4 was supposed to be the "Gaming network" But it only has around 3 hours to do with video games.
Anyways I could care less for the channel.

Posted by Kamek

R.I.P. TechTV. Great Programming, people you felt like you knew, great hosts, great shows. G4 is bull. I miss The Screen Savers.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Kamek: I miss The Screen Savers.

Too true. Catch up with them on the TWIT podcast though, it's nice to hear them again.

Posted by GameMiestro

Electronic Playground is always a remake, XPlay has way too many commercials, Attack of the Show is bland and uninteresting, and I can see Star Trek with out that irritating Spock Market crap on Spike.

G4 just isn't cool any more... :(

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Too true. Catch up with them on the TWIT podcast though, it's nice to hear them again.

Diggnation podcasts are also something I look forward to.

[url]www.revision3.org[/url]

A lot of the old gang does work there.

Posted by InsaneGamer066

G4 has become TVs trash can. It used to be a good channal. Now all of the non VG bs has taken over.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Kamek: R.I.P. TechTV. Great Programming, people you felt like you knew, great hosts, great shows. G4 is bull. I miss The Screen Savers.

I agree 100%. TechTV was great, but the more G4 took over, the worse it got. The Screensavers is probably the most missed by me; that and Call For Help. Kevin Perrera has got to be the most annoying person on the face of the Earth. It's been months since I've seen G4TV though, since it's ratings were so bad, my cable network got rid of it and gave us a new channel (Cartoon Network).

Posted by Sapphire Rose

G4 is horrible. TechTV was cool.

There's something that helped me get over the loss of TechTV, though. The 'net. Has more info on what I need than the boob toob ever did. :)

Posted by Vg200x

so we all agree AOTS sucks, the only thing I like about is the loop and the feed, evan tho EP shows alot of re-runs it's still a good show they show alot of games I haven't evan heard of, anyone like Cheat!?evan tho I think the host is a gaming poser it's still a good show with all the content in it. G4 does have alot of gaming shows but now they have the man show,fastlane,star trek,the midnight monkey thing, and a few other shows, evan tho it's not a gaming show I love brainac's ( I just looked,don't tell me they replaced it with arrested development).and action blast is a good show to, anyone like cinematech? I also like game makers but latly they have been showing the xbox re-run almost everyday.

Ok people this is the current line up of shows. put weather you should think they should be cancelled or keep showing.

Attack of the Show:yes
X-Play :no
Arrested Development:ys
The Man Show :maybe
Street Fury:no
Cheat!:no ,change the host to blair butler
Star Trek: The Original Series:maybe
Star Trek: The Next Generation:yes
Cinematech: Nocturnal Emissions:no
Late Night Peep Show:wtf,yes
Formula D:maybe
Filter:change the host,maybe
G-Phoria 2006:I rather see the spike tv one but,maybe
Action Blast:no
Banzai:no
The Screen Savers: I thought they cancelled this,no
Ed the Sock's Night Party:yes
Cheaters:yes
Anime Unleashed:no(must be on at midnight)
Brainiac:no
Fastlane:yes
Electric Playground:no(what ever happened to judgement day? :( )
Cinematech:no
Game Makers:no
Totally Outrageous Behavior:yes

and for whatever reason ,why the heck would they do away with arena, that was the best show on the network.

Posted by InsaneGamer066

They need to get rid of all the non video game programing.

Posted by Echo

I remember when TechTV died and G4 took over. At first I was excited, thinking maybe G4 will have some good gaming shows. I didn't realize that not only do all of G4s shows suck (except Game Makers, I kinda like that one), but they took off all of the great TechTV stuff. I used to watch The Screen Savers almost religiously, as well as Call for Help. Cinematech is alright sometimes, but it gets dull quickly unless all the games are really interesting. X-Play used to be alright, but it seems like as time went by the writers just tried to make it more and more lame.

Posted by muffla

Do they even still play Fastlane? that was a really good show even thought it had nothing to do with gaming.

Posted by Vg200x

they replaced it with arrested development I think they show it now and again tho.anyone like when aots went to toyko? I think thats there best epeisodes yet.

Posted by Breakman

I actually didn't mind when TechTV went to G4--I absolutely adored the primetime TechTV shows like Screen Savers, Gamespot TV/Extended Play/X-Play and Call for Help, and even stuff like Unscrewed, but a lot of the programming, especially during weekdays, was pretty bare; some interesting stuff, but mostly stuff that it about the equivalence of watching the Discovery Channel at 2 AM on a wednesday or something. Oh, and a bunch of the real old shows, like Big Thinkers, ruled.

When they merged with G4, I thought it'd be awesome--I'd never gotten G4 with my provider before that point. When it first happened and was basically a lot of gaming programming plus some of the BEST shows from TechTV like Screen Savers (at least SOME of the old crew was still there at first) and X-Play, it was great. Even the G4 shows like Filter, Electric Playground, Judgement Day, etc. were pretty good; I mean, none of them were as good as X-Play as far as a general gaming show, but they were still interesting, overall fun to watch, and the 'off beat' shows like Filter, though I often disagreed with the end winner, were entertaining to have around. It's when things started changing, like Screen Savers being renamed and ALL of the old Screen Savers peopel eventually fading away; Filter, Judgement Day, and other shows gradually falling off the network bit by bit; and event he ONE great show with the very same hosts that I could always love and cherish, X-Play, slowly degrading in quality as the AWESOMELY hilarious announcer (Disembodied Voice) was replaced by an utterly un-funny and annoying new guy, Adam started seemingly making fun of himself even more than before and Morgan started to become more and more hateful and morbid (both as if they were being told to by the network) and the addition of way too many of those in-show skits that ruined the once-hilarious video game reviews; all that, and more, brought together, was making G4 gradually less and less of anything worth watching.

When stuff like Star Trek: TNG and Brainiac started coming on I thought the network was finally taking some steps in the RIGHT direction and putting in programming more suited towards the old TechTV fanbase of the network. But as did come shows like Fastlane and Street Fury which had absolutely nothing to do with EITHER topic the network supposedly catered to (technology and video games), unless you count "the cars have to do with techonology", which was never really a kind of technology TechTV was specifically into, from what I remember. And then we get stuff pulled like Anime Unleashed, which had some fairly decent shows, replaced by the overall lackluster Midnight Spank; shows like Icons seemingly had less and less new episodes as time went on; more good shows were removed or slowed down, and Attack of the Show/X-play, the two final bastions the network held that had anything to do with TechTV, were still degrading in quality.

Then, E3 2006 hit. This was the last straw.

The actual E3 was pretty awesome, though they were really slow about some things, like Smash Bros. Brawl footage not even being talked about until like the last day of the G4 coverage even though it was all over the internet by like the first night of E3 (and evne then it didn't get as much airtime as it should have); but that's not the point. It was around this time that G4 started showing The Man Show, probably the first show I can think of that started airing regularly and not a temporary thing that had absolutely NOTHING to do with ANY of the themes of the network, or any of the rest of the programming in general (forget the fact that I absolutely LOATHED the show already, but at least when it fit the theme of the network it was on it wasn't THAT bad). It was around this time that the original Star Trek series started airing, with that huge HUD that was first was pretty neat but quickly became horrendously annoying. It was around this time that G4TV.COM, another decent G4-born show that had kept on running while the actual site name was "g4techtv.com", had eerily and suddenly died right around the time the sitename changed back to just "g4tv.com", ironically. And it was DURING E3 that the 3-hour-a-day timeslot was filled to the brim with all sorts of ads, as well as G4 hosts conversing about, the new crap coming to G4 throughout the year.

Filter would rise from the dead, but without one of the best-looking hosts on the entire channel and actually-interesting video game theme as it used to have. It wouldn't even come back with that annoying tech and random website commentary it got later. It would come back as a completely different, fully disrespectable slab of programming, featuring arbitrary lists of completely random things (not even necessarily a top 10), and replacing that beautiful Asian host with some random, sickeningly ditsy blonde chick. Icons would finally have new episodes made for it, but instead of being a superb show depicting great people, series, hardware, times, etc. of the video game universe, it would feature completely random and un-iconic pieces of culture (Suicide Girls? Pfffft). Attack of the Show would take an even greater dip in quality and feature completely random and unnecessary specials akin to E3, such as "Las Vegas 2006". And the programming would become even more horrendous and dis-themed than it already was.

Since then, X-play has degraded to absolutely abysmal levels; though Adam and Morgan, especially Adam, are still excellent personalities deep under their network-executive-fabricated new skin, they are almost unrecognizable from their previous selves, and the skits have drilled far below the bottom of the barrel (that episode about the alien Cock in San Francisco? Could you possibly compose a LESS FUNNY 20 minutes?). What little is left of the brittle, empty husk of what once was known as TechTV has pretty much been compacted into a small segment of Attack of the Show where some black guy (who is probably the coolest person on that entire show despite the fact I don't know his name) reviewing such tech as toilets in Japan. The 'remakes' of the old G4 shows are not only just as horrible as I'd feared, but I haven't even seen them on AT ALL since they first started (that might be to blame from the fact that I almost never watch the network anymore, though). And pretty much [I] EVERY TIME I surf past the channel anymore, ANY TIME during primetime GUARANTEED, it's nothing but ****ty old episodes of Man Show or Star Trek. Even during PRIME TIME, the best they ahve to offer is left over crap from other channels (Next Generation is probably the best thing to watch on the entire channel now, and this is coming from someone who is by no means a trekkie).

You know what the funniest thing of it ALL is, too? Not only is there pretty much nothing to do with tech on the entire channel anymroe unless you really dig through Attack of the Show, but the "video game" segment of the channel, which was the ENTIRE POINT OF THE NETWORK TO EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE, has been bunched up into liek an hour or two of weekday afternoons known as "Video Game Mash-Up" which consists of the only two shows I even know about that have anything to do with games at all anymore. X-Play, a dry skeleton of what it once was, and Cheat, which has never been worth watching since they replaced Corey Rouse with that annoying annoying chick who is very obviously not a gamer by any means. That's it. That's all you have that really has anything to do with anything that G4 is supposed to be. I think Brainiac is still on, and it's very nostalgic of old TechTV/ZDTV shows even though it itself was never on them, but aside from that, there's nothing else. The Tokyo special that was just on, though riddled with sad dialogue, was overall the most interesting thing that's been on the channel in months, and X-Play sometimes still manages to give a somewhat satisfying review (particularly if it's done by Adam and has as little "skits" or outside commentary as possible; Star Fox Command's review is a pretty good example, though they poured it on a little too hard at the very end of the review, as they very often do).. but really, it's a pretty terrible network in just about every respect now, and that makes me very sad, as it was one of the only channels I really kept track of anymore. I think acquiring Arrested Development, though yet another show that has NOTHING to do with the original themes, is the only smart decision they've made in ages (the Tokyo thing's been planned for months anyway).

This grossly gigatic post filled with an unnecessarily humongous amount of detail brought to you by none other than Breakman. If you read this whole thing, you get as many cyber-cookies as I could give if I didn't think that was stupid. (I should just copy this and paste it into every conversation I have about G4 for the rest of my life...)

Posted by Arczu

I have to agree with the X-Play. I have a hard time sitting through their reviews, because weather the game is good or bad, there is ALWAYS going to be some stupid skit/gag/crappy chopped-mouth animation to waste review time. In fact, it doesn't even need to be that. The show starts off with a dumb joke, and rarely rivets. I cringe each time the show veers off in the directions it does. I watch only because something is ACTUALLY funny (about .9% of the time), or I'll see an upcoming game.

AOTS is suffering from that same "gotta-make-a-lame-joke-for-a-sec" syndrome X-Play seems to have. In general... it's just not what Screensavers used to be. It's very very cheesy now

G4 did a complete takeover rather than a joint. I miss those other shows TechTV used to have.

Posted by Vg200x

thanks for the post breakman but I only got threw 3 lines and said this is to much to read..lol. I think someone should G4 a run for there money but no one has the balls to do it. if the producers of TechTV made another channel I think it would be just if not better than G4 now. evan if they re did the old shows and showed re runs it still would be worth watching.. I think they should start showing mythbusters on G4.lol