A Question

Posted by Crazy K

Ok, so today I just got my Laptop connected to the internet. It's the same as the one I got for my regular computer. Now I was wondering if we will be getting billed for adding another computer to the same service or whatever.

Ok I have a phone line with 3 phone jacks. One for the phone, one for my regular computer and this here laptop. So I copied my setup from the internet service I got and put it onto a CD and transferred it to this laptop, I used the same e-mail and password and everything. So will it cost me more money to have this laptop hooked to the internet?

Posted by Trigger

What type of Internet connection are you on? Generally, you can connect several computers to the same service without incuring additional costs. If your connection is greater than dial-up, you should be able to add additional computers without any issues, provided that these machines are connected over a network. By the sounds of things, I assume you are using dial-up? Unless you are using Internet Connection Sharing over a network, I presume that you are connecting each machine individually?

It all depends on the type of internet connection you have, and how you're getting each computer to receive access. For the best answer, I would suggest contacting your service provider and quickly asking them the question - they would know best about their services and costs than any of us would.

Posted by Crazy K

I have dialup. We have a phone line with 3 jacks so I don't see why it would cost anything extra. I probably won't use this computer much anyways since I feel I should sell it to get some quick cash. But anyways I'll call my internet service and see what they have to say.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The only extra that you'll have to pay is the extra usage you'll be getting out of it.