Future Games Board??

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Wings: When I game is soon to come out it needs its own board. There's too much discussion for one thread, and the mods of the console's board get fed up with all the different threads about one game. Catch 22.

Quoting lameboyadvance: Well, we have a future systems board, so why not a future games one as well?

Posted by Linkman

I say rename Future Systems board to Future Systems and Games.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Linkman: I say rename Future Systems board to Future Systems and Games.

That's what I thought at first, but it could get kind of cluttered.

Posted by Linkman

Eh, I don't know. I'll vote yes.

Posted by Fate

Well, future games could be discussed in general gaming if they are multiplatform. System-specific future games could be discussed in the system board of which they will be on. If we're going to be really categorized here, I'd say rename FS to include the games as well.

Posted by Iris

If a new game comes out and actually gets a lot of discussion then we can make an individual board, like we did for Kingdom Hearts. For future games, threads about them can go to General Gaming or whichever game genre board they best fit in for now.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Iris: If a new game comes out and actually gets a lot of discussion then we can make an individual board, like we did for Kingdom Hearts. For future games, threads about them can go to General Gaming or whichever game genre board they best fit in for now.

Exactly.

Posted by lameboyadvance

A Future Games board may be a good concept, or it might not. Only real way would be to see how it goes.

General Gaming is generally more gaming chat, not actual games.
Future Systems may become a bit cluttered if combined with games.

...And finally, what happens once a games comes out? Are the threads moved to the appropriate console/game boards?

I'll still vote yes to the board. It can always be removed/combined with Future Systems if it doesn't turn out.