lego star wars2

Posted by Vg200x

Has anyone played the demo?, I just got it in yesterday and bloody love it..what are people to expect for this game from the first one?

Posted by Knight_Blazer

I played the second game and thought that it was ok but I liked the first one better. Although throwing R2-D2 and C3PO off edges and cliffs is always fun.

Posted by .batata

i think it's stupid(even if i didn't play it at all)
they are so caddly and dumb

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting .batata: i think it's stupid(even if i didn't play it at all)
they are so caddly and dumb

While you make a good point, I have to disagree. The caddliness/dumbness of they is overshadowed the good grammar used in the game's various menus and headers before each chapter. Grammar and proper spelling go a long way, and this game has all of that.

I liked it, but not nearly as much as the first. My biggest beef was the "Score x 10" and the "Score x 8" and all of those. By the time you get 100% completion, you've got 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10, which comes out to "Score x 3840". Also, you get a neat spigot outside the cantina which gives out thousands of studs every few seconds in a geyseresque eruption.

Combine those with the 3,840 multiplier, and you can get studs really quick.

However, by the time you can do this, you don't need studs anymore because there's nothing left to buy, since almost everyone is gonna buy the score multipliers last, since, they're so much more expensive than the other purchasables.

So now I can get hundreds of millions of studs in seconds, but I have nothing to spend them on.

That p*sses me off that they'd include the score multipliers, or at least, having them go up to 10 and making them able to compound

Posted by Proto Man

I think the whole Lego Starwars series is stupid based upon the fact that it's a videogame about Star Wars Legos. I mean the previous Lego games were pretty neat. I also love Star Wars games. Heck, I even have Star Wars Lego sets myself! But Star Wars + Lego's + Videogame? Ugh.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I thought it sounded stupid too. But when I played the first one, I really enjoyed it. The puzzles are never too mind boggling, and there's really no way to "lose" because when you die, you always respawn right where you died. There isn't a great variety of combat techniques, but there are a few interesting things you can do in combat.

The best thing about the Lego Star Wars games is the wide selection of playable characters and the various classes to which they belong. For example, Jar Jar Binks is a high jumper. If you're playing a level and you need to extend a bridge, but the controls for the bridge are on a ledge too high for Qui-Gon to reach, you switch to Jar Jar, jump up and extend the bridge, then come back down and continue on.

It's a fun game to get 100% completion, once. I don't think I'd ever take the effort to get 100% on either game again. I may play them through again, but I won't spend the time necessary to get every secret and unlockable in the game.