What kind of Internet conection do you have? (Poll)

Posted by Cruxis

What kind of internet connection do you have?

Posted by Xenos

Moved.

DSL, by the way.

Posted by NeXidala

DSL, also.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Comcast Cable.

Posted by Ch

Charter Cable

Posted by WackoHater2

Verizon DSL.

Posted by Speedfreak

512k DSL. NEED UPGRADE PLZ.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Cogeco cable. Usually get a 5 mbps connection out of it.

Posted by Stalolin

DSL. Speed is around 1 mbps.

Posted by Phantasma2

DSL. 340kbps I think. =(

Posted by Kit

About 2 mbps.

Posted by NeXidala

I checked my interent connections and it says my speed is 54.0 Mbps.

Posted by Kit

Weird, I thought mine was 2mbps, but I just checked in the control panel, it says 400mbps. :o

Posted by Trigger

Cable.

Posted by Xero

Connection at my dad's: Modem (sucks)
Connection at school and library: Home Network...

Posted by junior senior

Suscom but it's switching to comcast again because suscom sucks and messes everything up
but on a side note I'm connected by a router

Posted by Apathetic

DSL. Es horrible

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Comcast :D

Posted by Lethal Shadow

768k Verizon DSL

Posted by Klarth

France: No phone line
School: Very restricted 1mb broadband
Bath: 8mb dsl
London: 48mb dsl

Posted by Killer Jordo

Shaw cabe. Goes offline soooo much.

Posted by bazariah

fast enough for checking the stuff i'd never want my mother catching me watching

Posted by Cruxis

It happend. My satilite..its fried! I've had things happen to it before...but thanks to some thunder storms In my reigion yester day....its fried!? Thank fully I always pay my $9.99 Enternet bill everymonth (incase of emergencies)....so As of today (at least util I can a pick up a new one) I'm accessing the net VIA the phone line and I'm running at...17K!!!!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( took 11 1/2 minutes to load this page!

*** I hate lighting.:rolleyes:

Posted by mis0

I have 10mps cable w/ wifi at home, and a backup dialup account for the times when the cable is down (often enough) and that runs at a lousy 56k.

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Misoxeny]I have 10mps cable w/ wifi at home, and a backup dialup account for the times when the cable is down (often enough) and that runs at a lousy 56k.

Yeah, thats What I'm using now. I mean my 56k Dial up. I had mine for emergencies too. The only thing is, although it is called 56k, depending on where you live, what day, what time & how many people are using your internet provider that day, the connection speed is usually far less then the expected 56K, today in my case 17k?

That is why I have a satalite, specifically for ethernet. I pay $72.58 a month (thats cheap for satalite) just because it is a satalite and I like that it runs incredibly fast. Meaning I run at a rare T2 connection (thats a lot faster then T1) which means I can download all three Lord of the Ring movies (and have:)) off the net in about 30 seconds. It's the same technology Geologist & the U.S. Military use when they investigate things in remote locations or have to tarvel to locations that are inacessable usually. Problem being, because of the fact that it IS a satalite, I had to pay someone a little over $450 to install it and it often failed to connect to the internet if the weather was even slightly poor (such as a light drizzle of rain or such, resembles the same thing that happens to Direct TV in poor weather). Because the satalite dish is so big and had to be installed on my roof, It has been a rather annoying lighting magnet the last few months. Yesterday I guess it took all it could take and a bolt of lighting hit & fried it. I called the company that installed it and they said I didn't pay for lighting coverage...I had never even heard of that. So I had to contact my provider (which is in Eruope) which meant I had to make a expensive collect call. Just to tell then To put my account on hold until I could repair or replace my dish. Now, I'm heading to ebay to try and find another dish and see if I can find one of those self-made instructional Installation CD's, so I dont have to waste anymore money then I have too.

Posted by higbvuyb

If you're going into the control panel and finding out that you've suddenly got 1000 mbps connections, and your broadband modem is connected by ethernet, then that's probably not the internet speed, but the speed of your network card. Your internet is much slower, and you should bec ome more computer literate.

And, I'm getting 24 mbps (ADSL2+) very soon, which is 48 times faster than what I have now.

Posted by mis0

Actually, my modem often reports ~115k for the dialup, as it were Cruxis, but I'm not realy sure if that's possible even with V.90. Then again, I live just two miles from a regional telephone switch, so, that migt have something to do with it. As for anyone who is saying 100mbps connections, hig is absolutely right. That's the connection speed of your interface, not the actual internet connection.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Misoxeny: Actually, my modem often reports ~115k for the dialup, as it were Cruxis, but I'm not realy sure if that's possible even with V.90. Then again, I live just two miles from a regional telephone switch, so, that migt have something to do with it. As for anyone who is saying 100mbps connections, hig is absolutely right. That's the connection speed of your interface, not the actual internet connection.

Hmm. V.90 is 56kbits/s maximum *download.

Posted by Cruxis

I see. well, I can uderstand what you are telling me. The thing is Satalite runs by a different set of speeds. All thought they may run around the same speed or connection, they are transfered at different rates there for the units used to measure them are different.
My connection is transfered digitaly not through a semi/analog channel (such as DSL/Dialup), so I have a high Bandwith and transfer rate. As for the rest....I guess limitations still exist.

I assure you I am actually perfectly computure literate:).

Besides I used Heugh.net not to mention I too, live directly below a regional power line (I know that sounds dangerous, but my county could care less). Although, Now I actually have to say somthing rather nice happened to me this morning. It just so happens that my county got a grant for a new Broad-Band setup county-wide. So I am actually not, reinstalling a dish, I'm going to wait a few weeks for them to finish installing the cables around here and then I'm signing up to a provider. I guess I'll be running on broad band here soon.

Posted by Crazy K

Charter Cable