anybody going to buy a ps3 just to sell it on ebay?

Posted by wolfgangkurt

ya I'm buying a ps3 on the launch date just to sell it for a profit. anybody else plan on doing the same thing? I think it'll be a good way to make a few hundred. it'll pay for my wii.

Posted by Hyper

*rare da post*

If you have the money for a PS3, why not just buy the Wii with it instead? Too easy, maybe?

Posted by wolfgangkurt

I hope to buy a ps3 and try to double my profits, hopefully making around $1,200. if somebody buys it which I think somebody will, I'll have more than enough money for a wii and pay off some bills.

Posted by Hyper

That's better. Much, much better.

Posted by sniper

What made you want to post this here? O_o

Posted by Arcadios

I just noticed it was in DA.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting sniper: What made you want to post this here? O_o

Posted by Ant

Heh, I actually didn't know Kurt knew about DA. :$ Yeah, I'd like to do something like that. But idk, I just won't for some reason :/

Posted by wolfgangkurt

Quoting sniper: What made you want to post this here? O_o

well I haven't really posted anything ever, so I thought I would tell you guys what I plan on doing in November so I could get some feedback. hey at least I'm try to post stuff now. that deserves some credit.

Posted by wolfgangkurt

Quoting Arcadios: I just noticed it was in DA.

ya I have no clue what the whole Darkness Advanced thing is all about, but I figured all the cool people would see it here, so I went with it. plus I'm a newb so oh well. I had a little **** up.

Posted by Linko_16

It's basically just a gathering point for our social group. Not like you broke a rule by posting this here, since we just talk about whatever, so don't worry about it.

And, no, I'm not going to bother trying to profit this way.

Posted by Slade

If I had $600 dollars in the first place, and could easily come by a PS3 on launch day, then I'd do it. Sounds like an easy way to make a few hundred in a week or so to me.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'd probably do something like that for a profit. I can't sign up for e-bay though. It sucks so bad, because I find a lot of things on there that I like.. a sign that says "I LOVE INTERCOURSE" for Intercourse PA.. but back on the point.. no one in my family that owns a credit card will let me use it to sign up.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I was going to do it, sorta, since I did that with my 360. What I'm planning to do is selling my pre-order slip. That's actually what I did with my 360. Made about 200-300 bucks on a piece of paper. Besides the down payment of fifty, it was all profit. I figure I can do the same but get even more money with a PS3. That way I don't have to worry about selling it on eBay. May not get as much money, but I'll get a lot of cash right away.

Posted by Ant

Who did you sell it to? Someone you know in real life I presume...

Posted by Random

*Sigh* poor noob somehow ended up here.. We need signs or maybe LINKS that devote their purpose to something maybe such as FUTURE CONSOLES ZOMG!!! THATD JUST BE INSANE..

Anywho to answer the thread. No I won't waste my money supporting Sony. I don't like Sony and refuse to help Sony in the least bit.

Posted by Dreadnought

[quote=WolfgangKurt] I figured all the cool people would see it here, so I went with it.

HA! Oh, f*ck, I can't breathe!

[quote=Vamp][FONT=Book Antiqua]Made about 200-300 bucks on a piece of paper. [/FONT]

Disregard that. Canadian dollars are moon money.

Posted by Ant

lol. How could I forget?

Quoted post: Who did you sell it to? Someone you know in real life I presume...

Yeah, there's always at least twenty people who show up without a pre-order or a ticket. They're usually the ones who would do anything for one. Even pay a ****ton of money.

Quoted post: Disregard that. Canadian dollars are moon money.

It's $270 in the states. That's ****ing **** good money.

Posted by Xero

Nah. I'm probably going to buy a PS3, but I'll sell it once I had my fun with it. ;)

Posted by Kit

Wouldn't somebody rather pay $600 for a PS3 than more? I can't see this working.

Quoted post: Wouldn't somebody rather pay $600 for a PS3 than more? I can't see this working.

It works because they wouldn't, a aren't, able to get one. The PS3 will probably be in limited supply, therefore, people will be happy to pay a lot more just to get their hands on one. It happened with the PS2, and it happened with the 360. Both were selling for over $1000 around christmas.

Posted by wolfgangkurt

the only hard part now is trying to find a ps3 or at least a place where I can reserve one once they come out. I just found out Sony is only releasing 400,000 ps3's in the U.S and only 100,000 in Japan. what kind of crap is that? Europe and Australia won't even get them until march of 07. this means if I can get my hands on one I'm going to make a **** load of money off of it on eBay. Microsoft and Nintendo are laughing their asses off at Sony right now. Nintendo will be able to release millions of wii's this year and Microsoft is already ahead of the game.