Chapter 28 Endless void

Posted by Wally The Weird

Here you all are! Enjoy, although I should warn you it's not as actiony as I had hoped to make it, but here it is anyway. Now that I think about it, it doesn't REALLY accomplish much, but it does set things up for the future :)

Chapter 28: Endless Void

"Ladies and gentlemen! We have our winner for this years tournament! I give you, MATEO!" The announcer roared over the microphone. Several hours had passed, and thanks to a rather heavy dose of white magic to most fighters, and quite a few people in the audiance, everyone was back at full health. In the center of the ring were three platforms. Mateo in first place on the highest, Anara on the lowest in second place, and Eiyuu on the second highest for receiving a special award.
"Because of his valiant effort in stopping the behemoth that attacked our wonderous arena, contest Eiyuu is awarded honorable mentions, a small cash prize, and this anti-crash kit! Congradulations!" The announcer proclaimed, while the audiance roared. Eiyuu received a small gold trophy, an envelope with some money in it, and a small white box similar to a first aid-kit. Eiyuu bowed slightly, and then stood upright again.
"In second place, I give you the fabulace Anara!" The crowd roared once again. "For second prize, you get a moderate cash prize and this wonderful magic whistle! They say music can calm the most savage beast, while this on the other hand, makes them listen for a change! Congradulations!" The announcer roared. Anara was handed a silver cup somewhat larger then Eiyuus, an envelope that was stuffed to bursting, and a small little whistle. Anara bowed and then stood straight again.
"And now, for winning the tournament, helping to slay the behemoth, and probably something else that we're not aware of, MATEO!" The crowd roared a third time, only much, much louder. Mateo looked at all the people cheering for him in total awe. "For his amazing victories, we award Mateo first place, a large cash prize, and this legendary, anceint antique cursed bracer!" The crowd continued to cheer as Mateo was given an enormous gold cup willed with money inside (and a lid to keep it in) and on a small cushin, a black bracer with a truley beautiful black diamond embedded in it.
"Ladies and gentlemen! This concludes the the fighting tournament! We hope you had a wonderful time, drive safley, and we'll see you all next year! Good Night everyone!" The award ceremony was over and people began to pour out of the stadium. It was already night, and people were anxious to get home again. Night had fallen, and the winners were waiting in the waiting room for the crowd to disperse before leaving. About an hour later, the fighters checked out, and were ont their way back to the ship.

On the way back

"Heh, lucky you Eiyuu, they usually only give away first and second prizes. And not only that, an anti-crash kit? How lucky can you get?" Aurie commented to him. Eiyuu smiled and examined his white box for instructions.
"I wonder how you work it though? It's all white with nothing on it." He said. Mateo looked over, but was having trouble. With nothing else to do with it, Mateo was forced to carry it carefully with both hands. The large trophy blocked his vision of Eiyuu fiddling with his new prize.
"Actually, if I'm right, it's a gummi block. Not sure how it works, but I bet if I installed it, it would only be a matter of time before we used it anyway." Renai said after grabbing it from Eiyuu and looking at it carefuly. Stopping for a moment, the group stopped for a moment and watched as Renai dropped it on the ground and the block bounced back into her hands. "Yup, it's gummi."
"Wow, the keyblader gets a bouncy block. Congradulations." Kayne said mockingly. His attitude had somewhat improved towards Eiyuu, but he was still a little bitter that he lost to him. "Hey Anara, what does your whistle thingy do?" He asked, looking back to Anara behind him. Anara was fiddling with the whistle strung around her neck.
"Not sure, here, let me try." Anara blew into the whistle. A small tweet rang out, and the group waited for a moment. Kayne's wing twitched slightly at the sound, but other then that, nothign happened at all. "Maybe it needs an animal near it to work or something." She and everyone shurgged slightly and then continued walking on.
"Hey Mateo, what does that bracer do?"
"I'm not sure. They said it was cursed, anceint, and antique, so I could probably sell it for quite a bit. Although, theres something about it thats calling to me, a certain.......darkness of some kind. One thing still bugs me though." He said, while staring intently into the gem on the bracer. He was holding it, but hadn't put it on.
"Whats that?"
"Who the heck are you?" Mateo said. Stopping and drawing tide in one swift motion, he slashed with as much precision as possible at the shadowy figure that had appeared and began to talk to Mateo. The shadow backed away swiftly, and everyone scattered as they realised they were being watched.
"Impressive. When I use my ignore spell, people tend to overlook me, even when I speak to them. I guess theres something about you that intereferes with that magic. Very well, my name is Lyxwal, magus of time, space and void. I've come for that bracer Mateo, and I intend to take it from you, by force if neccesary." The shadow said. Lowering his black hood, and revealing himself, the group gasped.
"Vecks?!" Most of the group yelled at once. The shadow looked at them with an odd look on his face and chuckled for a moment.
"Vecks? Never heard of him. I told you my name is Lyxwal, and I am here for that bracer. Will you give it to me, or must I revert to more drastic measures?" Lyxwal commented. The group looked carefuly at him, and shrugged at him.
"You can have this bracer when you pry it from my cold, dead, hands!" Mateo said, putting it unto his wrist, the bracer locked, and the diamond shone slightly for a moment. Not even noticing it, Mateo leapt for Lyxwal and went at him with his blade. Lyxwal rose into the air, and Mateo jumped after him when he landed. Lyxwal smiled at him, as he moved to the right in mid-air, and grabbed Mateo's wrist just below the bracer he was after.
"That, can be arranged." He said to him. A pulse of black energy surged from Lyxwal's hand and through Mateo's body. The gem on the bracer flashed for a moment, and then a black ball of energy expanded from the center of Mateo and enveloped him. "Crap." was all Lyxwal said as he too was sucked into the void. A feirce wind like a hurricane surged from the mass and sucked up the entire group.

Within The Void

"Interesting. Welcome, friends, to the void. Normally this spell simply traps my oponnents in a pocket of spice-time for a breif period, and I had intended to do so to Mateo, while keeping his hand and wrist in normal space. I guess the gem on his bracer yeilded some un-expected results." Lyxwal said. Looking around, he took in the sight before him. He was floating five feet above the ground, which looked like a giant clock. The minute hand poitned at the one while the small hand pointed at the eleven. Above the clock, the group stood on what seemed to be slight rays of light. Everything else was empty and black, while each person stood out against the darkness.
"Where the heck are we?" Eiyuu asked, dropping his trophy and drawing his keyblades. Everyone else got ready to fight as well. Lyxwal looked at him and sighed.
"Don't you listen? This is a fold in space-time! We're in a pocket dimension. We are where we were but at the same time, we're not even in the same universe. Regardless, you want to stop me I assume?" The group shrugged and nodded at him, not really taking him seriously. "Trouble is, there are too many people here, and this universe isn't the most stable, so let's see here." He looked at the group. "Yeah, lets see, heals could be trouble so you, alchemy works be de-stabilizing the universe, you're a runner up, and I just plain don't like you." Snapping his fingers. Renai, Keira, Anara and Aurie vanished suddenly.
"What did you do?!" Eiyuu yelled at the mage. Without waiting for a reply, he lauched his keyblade at Lyxwal. The spinning blade went right for him, and then, something strange happened.
It missed.
"Now now, don't be alarmed!" Lyxwal said while the blade sped past him without him even batting an eye. "I told you, this universe isn't too stable. I just returned them to our normal universe. Now come on, four on one, with two finalists, a keyblader, and a dragoon against little old me? How fair is that?" He said. The spinning keyblade flashed, and then returned to Eiyuu's hand.
"Like we're gonna beleive that loud of crap!" Kayne said, preparing his lance, he jumped at Lyxwal. Lyxwal hovered to the side and raised his palm, sending a pulse at him. Kayne was hit in mid-air and flew over the edge, and fell into the dark void.
"Kayne!" Mateo yelled as he jumped after him. He went off the edge, and fell into the void. A moment passed, and something strange happened. Kayne fell from blackness above the center of the clock, and crashed into the floor with Mateo crashing on him shortly after that. Both were vary confused.
"Lets just say this is a slightly limited space. Now, enough of physics, Demi!" Lyxwal said. A black pulse of energy in the shape of a sphere crushed down on Mateo and Kayne. After the attack ended Kayne got up uneasily along with Mateo. Eiyuu wasted only a moment as he charged at the mage, flinching for a moment in mid-air, he starightened himself and slashed at Lyxwal.
"Pitiful, keyblader." Lyxwal commented as he blocked the attack with his plam, and with his other, sent a pulse at Eiyuu, sending him crashing into the floor. Eiyuu got up, and held out his left hand.
"Got ya." As he said this, the keyblade Eiyuu had thrown struck Lyxwal square in the back. The mage coughed up blood and double over in pain as the blade which was wedged in his back, vanished and reappeared in Eiyuu's hand. Kayne took his chance and jumped as high as he could. Holding his hand up, it struck an invisible barrier. He then used his own magic to grab onto the barrier, flip over and crouch on it on all fours upside down.
"Wind Lancer!" He said as he lauched himself at the mage. "Mateo now!" He yelled at to his team meate. Mateo drew his blade and jumped up. On his way down, he slashed at the mage who backed away, and as soon as he did, he fell for the trap.
"Melen Ahnjah lemos anya!" The magus cried out. The instant he finished speaking, Kayne stopped in mid air, his blade litteraly inches from Lyxwal's face. Kayne floated in midair, as if he had stopped in time. Lyxwal moved away, a small light gathering in his palms, going through his stomache, and to his back, repairing his wounds.
"Curaga!" Lyxwal cried. The spell cast on Kayne vanished and his blade drove into the floor and unleashed a cyclone that gathered around him for a moment. He looked around, obviously confused. "No more games! Dyne!" Lyxwal clapped his palms together and then slowly spread them apart, an large mass of energy gathering between them as he seperated them. Raising his hands above his head as the mass gathered size and power, a crazed look came across his face.
"Surrender the bracer, or die!" He told them. Mateo looked uneasy as he glanced at the dark bracer on his arm. The gem glowed ever so slightly, and a look of absolute resolve crossed his face. He raised his hand, and indicated his answer with a rude hand gesture.
"**** you!" He yelled to Lyxwal. Kayne, in spite of what appeared to be his final moments, laughed at this remark. Lyxwal flinched for a moment, and then smiled.
"Fine by me!" Lowering his left hand to his side, and holding the mass with his right, he launched the spell at Mateo directly. Eiyuu launched both of his keyblades at the sphere. Both struck it and continued to spin and try to move forward, slowing it down, but not stopping it. Mateo ran forward, and slashed at the mass while Kayne, right behind him, punctured it with his lance. All together, their forces were only just stopping the spell.
"Now you d-" Lyxwal began, but before he could begin, a bell rang out, and everything stopped. Looking down, he saw the clock now pointed both hands at twelve. "No!" Before he could finish, the floor shattered, and everything began to spin wildley.

In the universe

The black ball appeared again, and this time, expanded to a great size, and then collapsed. Now the entire party, even the three who had been returned earlier, now stood, along with Lyxwal, sluching, tired and fatiqued.
"Crap, that spell takes a lot out of me. You win this time whelps! There is more then one treasure in the world." He remarked. Drawing his hood over his head, his cloak fell to the ground, empty. The robe then melted away, and could be seen no more.
"Where did he come from anyway?" Kayne asked, dismissing his lance, as did, Eiyuu dismissed his keyblades, and Mateo sheathed his blade. Without anything else to do, the group gathered up the things they had dropped before entering the bizzare dimension, taking note of the fact, that despite how long they were there, they had only been gone a few seconds.
As they walked away and into the ship, which flew away, a figure, of which only a blue shrowd covering it's entire body watched them from the trees, and remarked.
"Never thought I'd see him again."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would have gotten it done sooner, but I just got "Darkwing Duck" and "The Tick VS Season one" on DVD, and they came first. :)

Posted by Sak

Hey Wally, I noticed how "Lyxwal" said that it was a FOUR on one match, yet only THREE of them fought him, and the FOURTH wasn't even mentioned in the battle. Could you explain that to me? (Sorry, just had to point out that our lesbian wasn't mentioned in the battle AND she wasn't teleported away.) Other than that, good chapter, and YAY YOU DIDN'T LEAVE ME A CLIFF HANGER TO WORK OFF OF! (well sorta) lol.
______
And in other news, my next chapter will focus on Anara.

Well, there is a VERY simple explination for that.
About the time Lyxwal transported everyone, I took a rather long break to watch Dark Wing Duck and also The Tick and House, so I completley forgot who got transported where.

If you want, I can edit her into being transported. Nothing against your characters, I had actually planned for Anara's whistle thing to take control over a pet of his, but I took my break and forgot, sorry.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Well, there is a VERY simple explination for that.
About the time Lyxwal transported everyone, I took a rather long break to watch Dark Wing Duck and also The Tick and House, so I completley forgot who got transported where.

If you want, I can edit her into being transported. Nothing against your characters, I had actually planned for Anara's whistle thing to take control over a pet of his, but I took my break and forgot, sorry.

Just make her get teleported. :p: I was just reading the chapter and I was like "Where the hell is Anara?".

There you go, edited it, even changed what he said.
Also, whats with the title, if you don't mind me asking?
------------------------------------------------------
Daring duck of mystery,
Champion of right,
Swoops out of the shadows,
Darkwing owns the night.
Somewhere some villain schemes,
But his number's up.

(3-2-1) Darkwing Duck (When there's trouble you call DW)
Darkwing Duck (Let'sget dangerous)
Darkwing Duck (Darkwing, Darkwing Duck!)

Cloud of smoke and he appears,
Master of surprise.
Who's that cunning mind behind
That shadowy disguise?
Nobody knows for sure,
But bad guys are out of luck.

'Cause here comes (Darkwing Duck)
Look out! (When there's trouble you call DW)
Darkwing Duck (Let's get dangerous)
Darkwing Duck (Better watch out, you bad boys)
Darkwing Duck!

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: There you go, edited it, even changed what he said.
Also, whats with the title, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, that's right. You weren't on when my title was "Never Coming Back....". I think that explains enough, well, not really.

Nope, please do tell.
I missed a lot I guess.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Wally The Weird: Nope, please do tell.
I missed a lot I guess.

Go a few pages back in smoothie shop. There'll be me explaining why I hate DA and the Judge insulting me for the reasons I hate it.

No, I think I read that. Something about him calling you a cow and crap like that right. Judge is great and all, but I didn't much care for that.

But I only had a few minutes so I couldn't exactly mount a protest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I just went back, and I have looked at it, and proved myself wrong, I was thinking of a different instance.
I shall give my honest opinion.
You were wrong.
Now, I think you were less wrong then the others, but overall, it looks like a case of everyone overreacting to something small and petty. AND IS IT SO MUCH TO ASK THE HOMOSEXUALITY NOT BE USED AS A DERROGITORY MEANING! YES I PROBABLY SPELLED SOMETHING WRONG JUST NOW, BUT MY POINT IS STILL VALID!!!!
Sorry, reflex, gay and possibly dying friend.

Anyway, I think you should master the art of Zen. Be cool, calm, and collected, even when someone says something that outrages you. Just, be cool.
Although, there are limitations. This mostly applies to people just being mean for the sake of seeing you react.

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

Very awesome Wally

Posted by Arcadios

Nice chapter.
I enjoyed it enough to.....well....read it. :D
Nicely done. :)
O and like Sak said you might want to just add Anara with the people who left.:p: