Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Anyone else get this yet? I bought it yesterday, and I love it. Of course, it's nothing like FF7. It's a totally different way of playing a game. The only thing it really has in common is a few familiar names/places. Other than that, it's totally new and different.

But it's very fun. I like it quite a bit.

Posted by NeXidala

I was thinking of buying that, but I'm still debating on it. I might buy it sometime soon, though. What do you think?

Posted by GameMiestro

It's seems like the Final Fantasy games that are generally adored by the general public are hated here, so I'm suprised to see a game thats generally hated (for terrible gameplay and a bad story) not get any bad rep.

Not that I've ever played the game, but it's still interesting.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It's fun, if you like this type of game. It's almost resident evil style gameplay, but with a bit more complexity as to what you can do. You can equip materia on your gun, and you can find new barrels for your gun, and all kinds of cool stuff like that.

It's a good game, worth the money, if you ask me.

Posted by keyartist

Game pro gave it a 2.5 so but they also give sport games 4.5-5.0 so I might buy it.

Posted by Cloudstud

That does sound pretty cool. Being a final fantasy fan im going to have to get it. Does it add alot to the plots of ff7 or is it just more targeted at the action of the gameplay?

Posted by Knight_Blazer

I bought the game the day it came out and beat it within three days. It's a really good game since I'm a big Vincent fan. My favorite part of the game was the last two levels. The music is pretty good also.

Posted by MasterOfMyDomain

I didnt get it the day it came out but I beat it in 3 days and it was really a great game. It basically uncovers all the mysteries behind Vincent from past events to recent ones. And it's always fun seeing Cloud kickin arse on a bike lol.

Posted by Zapper

Well, I was thinking about buying it the other day, but decided against it. I'm probably just gonna wait until someone returns theirs and i'll buy it used. I'm not all that interested in playing it even though i'm a pretty big fan of the original FF7.

Everyone here seems to like it though. So maybe it's worth buying new.

Posted by MasterOfMyDomain

I bought mine used for $45 lol. The only problem with it is it gets repetitive after awhile. You don't have many choices as in styles of fighting other than a sniper rifle, a shotgun, and a machine gun, all of which can have a zoom scope attached meaning they all act like sniper rifles. There's one particular add-on which really makes people lazy... But when you get down to the core of FF7, it comes down to you rapidly pressing the R1 button (I think). Just rapidly firing shots and you'll win. The game does reward you with some stunning visuals, top notch voice-overs, and hours of gameplay (which may not be a good thing). There is one good level that changes your style around but I won't ruin anything for anyone =)

Posted by Knight_Blazer

You're about Cloud looking cool in the game but he wasn't as cool as he could have been. But that should be expected since the game is mainly about Vincent.

Posted by .batata

this game on playstation one ...right?
i think this game so....cloudy...heh

Posted by Knight_Blazer

It's for PS2.

Posted by Squattie

I don't care much for the game. FF 12 is better

Posted by Meftah

Omg that game ruled. I like it due to the style of gameplay. I am not all for the "ok, your turn to hit me. thank you!" >.<

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've yet to pick up a copy, but I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit. How far into the game have you gotten, Feion? I'm interested in knowing approximately how many hours it takes to complete.

Posted by ccrocker58

The game was allright. It had good graphics, sound, and voiceovers, but it was severely lacking in gameplay. Nothing new EVER happens. Plus, there's never a need to use any other weapon other than the handgun...You can apply the sniper scope to every weapon, and it does exactly the same thing for every single one. Equip some materia on the handgun, and you're a one man army.

Other than the stuff about Vinnie, the rest of the game feels like an individual story, dropped into a FF7 mold...if that makes any sense.

It's worth a rent to anyone who isn't collectiong FF games.

Posted by Duez_The_Cat

I rented the game. I wound up playing halfway through to about the big guy. After that, I had to return it soon and my little brother wouldn't leave it alone. He wound up beating it in 2 -3 days. It was a bit short, but the gameplay was neat. I liked the graphics and it was a little tricky to get the hang of, but meh. Overall... I would have rated it a 6/10 because of how repeated it seemed from other previous shooters, and for the lack of timing to beat it.

Posted by Sean Fury

Still haven't played it yet. My friend was supposed to let me borrow it like a month ago, should be going over his house over the next week and getting it though (along with Chocobo Racing!)