Know any good metal bands?

Posted by Bo Dang

I listen to a lot of thrash and progressivel. I like being able to hear the vocals being singed and not listen to RAW RAW RAWR RAWR RAW stuff I can hardly understand. Im big on vocals in metal and also the complexity of it. Care to share any of the bands you love?

EDIT** Say Slipknot or Atreyu and ill kill you

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Depends on what you've actually listened to. Since I don't feel like listing bands you've already listened to. Though I've been enjoying Space Odyssey recently. Check out "Embrace The Galaxy" if you haven't yet.

Posted by NeXidala

Try listening to Killswitch Engage, it's pretty easy to understand their vocals.

Posted by Shin-Ra

What do you already listen to and are you just looking for thrash and progressive stuff? Either way, Bathory's Nordland, Nordland II and Hammerheart are all fantastic metal albums with clean vocals.

Posted by WackoHater2

Slipknot and Atreyu.

But seriously, uhh, Shattersphere is a pretty great band.

Posted by Raptor

Dream Theater

They are progressive, the singer is professionally trained, the vocals are very clear and pretty complex and the music is technical as hell and omg they're dream theater you can't go wrong.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Mushroomhead

Posted by nm/de

you can't go wrong with Evergrey

Mattias IA Eklundh
Waterclime (leans more towards rock)
Marcel Coenen
Concerto Moon (Power, but whatever)

Posted by Klarth

Hypocrisy, Mercenary, Strapping Young Lad, Wintersun, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames (earlier), Amon Amarth and Biomechanical for fast, agressive, heavy, raw, technical crap.

Dream Theater, OSI, Kamelot, Boris (newer), Pain of Salvation, Machinae Supremacy and Orphaned Land for varied, technically impressive and keyboard-heavy crap.

Soilwork, In Flames (newer), Kovenant, Pain, Nightwish, Blind Guardian and Eldritch for catchy-yet-heavy simplistic stuff which you can't help but enjoy.

Fantomas, Ulver, Kadenzza, Age of Silence, Arcturus, Spiral Architect and Cult of Luna for the just-plain-weird.

Quoted post: Cult of Luna for the just-plain-weird.

huh? CoL doesn't do many odd things. They generally stick with Sludge.

Posted by MarioStar

Dream theater,dragon forceandracer x kinda match that.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Klarth, you realize the thread maker doesn't like growled vocals right?

Quoted post: Klarth, you realize the thread maker doesn't like growled vocals right?

I'm sure he doesn't want Killswitch, Shattersphere or Mushroomhead either. lol people suck at making suggestions.

Posted by Ch

Well if you want thrash and audiable vocals then the only one I know of is Pantera.

Posted by NeXidala

A metal band without growls? Oh....
Well, if you want something soft, with killer instrumentals, try:
Weballergy by Sonata Arctica.
It's currently my favorite song, but don't know about it being considered metal. You find out. ;)

Quoted post: It's currently my favorite song, but don't know about it being considered metal. You find out.

Power Metal

Posted by Kit

"Something soft" is Power Metal? Christ. I hate to see what Something hard would be. :o

Posted by NeXidala

Well, I sincerely love it. Especially [0:39] through [0:50]

Posted by Alastor

Machinae Supremacy, Dream Theater, and Office of Stategic Influence. None of those are RAHRAARHAGAHGRAHRG. I heartily recommend all three.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Dark Kirby: "Something soft" is Power Metal? Christ. I hate to see what Something hard would be. :o

Listen to it, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted by Kit

I'm using this thread for suggestions too, so I'll check it out. :cool:

Quoted post: "Something soft" is Power Metal? Christ. I hate to see what Something hard would be.

It's softer than quite a bit of the groups listed in this thread. Plus, Sonata Arctica isn't exactly the heaviest band on the planet.

Posted by Kit

Time for me to steal this thread. I like heavy stuff, instrumental-wise, but I don't like it when the singer is screaming his lungs out, making it sound like crap, hell, I would still be happy if there were no singer at all, any suggestions for me?

Posted by NeXidala

Elegance [3:03]
Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koh-ichi Seiyama
No screaming, no singer, just kickass instrumentals.

Posted by Alastor

...Machinae Supremacy, Dream Theater, and OSI. Again. :)

Posted by Vg200x

CAGE,paragon,metalium,wizard,gamma ray,blind gaurdian,helloween,king diamond,mercyful fate,amsterdam(which is my fav band),manowar,ignitor,hammerfall,overkill,TestAmenT,metal church,anthrax,biorhythm..lmao If you wan't more send me a PM cause I have a crap load on myspace, power metal is the way you should go, blue steel agency(look them up) has alot of great bands....and I thought I made a thread like this a while ago.lol

Posted by Shade

Quoting Alastor: ...Machinae Supremacy, Dream Theater, and OSI. Again. :)

+ Symphony X, Kamelot, Redemption, Shaddow Gallery, and Ayreon.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting NeXidala: A metal band without growls? Oh....

You know the vast majority of metal has no growls, right? :)

Check out At Vance, Nevermore, Fozzy, Katatonia, Pagan's Mind, and Krux.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Dark Kirby: "Something soft" is Power Metal? Christ. I hate to see what Something hard would be. :o

Power metal usually tends to be really overbearingly mild, happy, and, well, pretty gay. Still rockin' though.

Posted by Raptor

Oh yeah, Nightingale. Clean vocals and pretty melodic. Each album by them sounds a little different. I'm probably the only one here who even knows about them, though I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Posted by Brennivin

fear factory, although i havent listened to them in like 5 years.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Raptor: Oh yeah, Nightingale. Clean vocals and pretty melodic. Each album by them sounds a little different. I'm probably the only one here who even knows about them, though I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

Isn't that one of Dan Swano's dozens of side projects?

Posted by Brennivin

if u want a metal band without screaming try the new avenged sevenfold. and when i say new avenged sevenfold that means their music off of city of evil. their older stuff which is more of metal-core has more screaming in it but u can still understand matt when he does scream. i recommend these songs from them. "And All Things Will End", "Chapter Four", and "Unholy Confessions". they arent really metal as much as they used to be but i still like them. now they are more pop. which is fine by me. but just my opinion.

Posted by keyartist

how about Stryper, REZ , LEVITICUS, BLOODGOOD, ANGELICA ,VENGEANCE RISING

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Shin-Ra: Isn't that one of Dan Swano's dozens of side projects?

It began as a side project, but from what I know it's more or less a cohesive band now.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting keyartist: how about Stryper, REZ , LEVITICUS, BLOODGOOD, ANGELICA ,VENGEANCE RISING

yeah go for stryper(the crapiest band to ever be talked about) you'll love those *** lovin devil.....................

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

they should just sticky this thread because there's a new "recommend me metal!" thread every 5 months or so

Posted by Vg200x

BJ, your sig is funny but that is gross half those chicks are butt ugly.and borat is nasty.lol