Polysics

Posted by Fate

There's this Japanese store I go to called Japan HQ where I can get my fix of imports. I've been fixing to buy the latest Polysics CD "Now Is The Time!" for a little bit now, so I finally bought it. Their new single came out a little while back, presumably from their future album. It's called "Electric Surfin' Go Go". [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqFwSPRTO8]Here[/url] is the badass video that I've been meaning to post but never got around to doing it.

Anyways, anyone else listen to their stuff?

Posted by MetalVox~55

Pretty much any band you recommend i'm going to turn away from just sheerly based from your past references of music you enjoy.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I already checked it out. Not bad. I'll probably just stick with the only album I have for now (Polysics or Die!!!!)

Quoted post: Pretty much any band you recommend i'm going to turn away from just sheerly based from your past references of music you enjoy.

They're actually really good. New Wave, but not as "minimalistic" as other groups.

Anywho, no matter what, they don't beat the Plastics. No one can beat them.

Posted by Ant

Good video, the song was okay too.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, I already checked it out. Not bad. I'll probably just stick with the only album I have for now (Polysics or Die!!!!)

I actually found that one, too, but I was going to buy it later since I downloaded a lot of the songs from the album.

Posted by Iris

Christ, I thought I was watching TV Funhouse.

I've never even heard of them before, but I guess they didn't sound too bad. A bit too techno for me though.

Posted by Fate

This band is known for mixing 8-bit sounds with their songs. I totally love it.

Quoted post: I actually found that one, too, but I was going to buy it later since I downloaded a lot of the songs from the album.

Yeah, the only reason I even bothered with it was because it was a "Best of" album released in the States. Since I was in the mood for some new wave at the time I figured I'd check them out. Glad I did actually.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Princess Fate: This band is known for mixing 8-bit sounds with their songs. I totally love it.

In which case you should check out [url=http://machinaesupremacy.com/]Machinae Supremacy[/url].

I heard a song of theirs on a friend's internet radio station. It was pretty happy and trippy, but not really my scene.

Posted by Fate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziiL1OzVjs

I liked it. Maybe some of you would, too.

Gotta love their music videos. Hilarious.

Posted by Dexter

Fate has decent taste in music. She got me into a few bands, such as Polysics and Lola Ray.

I'll get it when I get home in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Posted by Fate

Hey, Dex, maybe you'll like another band I like. They're kind of popular, I guess. Snow Patrol! They have better songs than "Chasing Cars".

And yes, the videos are so cool. I like how their beats synchronize with the stuff in the video.

Posted by Dexter

Oh yeah. I was listening to a lot of Snow Patrol last year. Do they have anything new? I'll have to check it out.

I just got back from Japan so I'll be able to check out the new Polysics here in a few days. I'll let you know what I think.

I think they have a new release that just leaked as of late. Saw it floating around if I recall.

Posted by Fate

What is this "new release" you speak of.

Posted by Shade

New Snow Patrol. Something about a thousand somethings. Maybe suns, not sure.

EDIT: A Hundred Million Suns, Oct 24th.

Quoted post: What is this "new release" you speak of.

Well, Polysics just released a new album too. But yeah, Snow Patrol.

Posted by Fate

I know about Snow Patrol. They're my friends on MySpace.

Posted by Shade

Woops, misunderstood. My bad.

Posted by mrjoe815

i saw them at the first Myspace music tour. they were really awesome.