Re: A product of weed.

Posted by keyartist

Sorry to have to say but it realy isn't that good, your shading isn't what it could be, the insperation lacks motivation, and your idea is a few dimes sort of a dollar. Sorry but it just is not that good. Why the others agree to it is beyound any thing I can quickly give a **** about.

P.S. Weed will only end in hurting you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm putting this here because I dont want to derail another thread, but want to respond.

So in [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=17087]this[/url] thread he decides to go all "drugs are bad mkay" on xenos, so I derepped him, which illicted the "Ok lord of spam what is right?" post. So here I go!

Well, for one, you're being far to critical of something that was intended as a "lol i got high and this is what i drew" picture. We know its not the peak of artistic accomplishment. It was drawn while high. The point isnt to have photorealisitic proportioning or shading. Its not about what emotion or subject matter can be conveyed. Its just a trippy, weird drawing that would be awesome to just sort of stare at and think about while high.

Second, and this is where my main objection comes in, your "P.S. Weed will only end in hurting you." Its just bull****. If you want to speak in a literal "smoking weed shortens your lifespan" type manner, then yes, its true. But then again, so does living in a city. So does driving. So does eating pretty much anything sold in america. So does etc etc. Weed, under proper control and usage, can be done in a way that allows one to have inredible fun every now and then with no real noticeable long term effects. Go ahead and come back with LOL BRAIN DAMAGE all you want. Fate tried that last time by googling "marijauna brain damage"* and then posting the results without really checking, and all she did was prove that the vast majority of teh studies are inconclusive at best, and at worst (for your standpoint, that is) flat out undermine the DRUGS ARE BAD MKAY mentality.

I'm reminded of the episode of South Park where the guidance councellor actually tries drugs and ends up loving them. Theres a line that runs something like "Drugs are bad and hurt you, and I feel safe saying this having never tried them". The point of the line was that most people dont know anything about what its like. They see old cheech and chong movies andsee all teh government propoganda and sit back and say "Oh, righto, drugs are bad. huh, guess that means that I should never ever look into it for myself because I already know whats its like from thirdhand accounts and out fo date poorly performed studies LOL."

Granted, there are people who will make idiots of themselves, but if you look at humankind in general, this isnt suprising. You will find in anythign you look at that there is someone who has either messed it up or done it wrong or made a complete fool of themselves with it. The one thing that all humans seem to succeed at is failing, so dont try to pin it on one particular plant.

Especially a plant thats as badass as marijauna.

Posted by Iris

Xenos wasn't actually high. It was a joke. :)

Moved to flame board, since War Board already has enough drug debate threads. (<3 for not derailing though)

Posted by Xenos

The weed thing was a joke. :-p But it was meant to have a ... "high-like" thing. I was on salt, therefore hyper, if that means anything.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Both of you are whores who have dashed my dreams on the jagged rocks of reality. I hope you're happy.

and xenos, I'm going to get you high oneday. Not sure how, not sure when. but it WILL happen.

Posted by NeXidala

Keyartist didn't have to go ahead and critize other people. If he doesn't wanna smoke pot, that's his choice. But, he can't go around telling people "Teh bad man is smoking teh pot! Brain damage for teh life!" You make yourself sound like the boy in your 7th grade class always telling on the kids who were cheating on tests or trying to skip class. Yeah, it isn't the best thing to do, but it isn't affecting YOU in anyway. ( Hehe skipping class FTW!) I'm not on drugs btw.

Posted by Ch

I started smoking pot when I was 12, and so have all of my friends, seeing that we grew up in a town with nothing to do and with pot being available virtually everywhere.

It's never done me any harm, even with school. I get A's and B's, and I'm 17 now. I'm also on the school Baseball team. Doesn't slow me down.

It's really not bad for you.

Try it before you make a statement like that, KA.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

What keyartist really fails at grasping is that it's not the drugs themselves that are bad, it's the stupid *******s that tend to do it everywhere.

Seriously, as a former tweaker and coke-head you realize, that if you were to find a safe way to obtain any drug, and safe, fun people to do it with... IT'S NOT THAT BAD. The only problem is, in order to get the stuff, you have to go through dealers, all of whom seem to be the most evil men alive. And most people who do it let it control them and get all crazy nigra on you.

Now, I'm not saying that you should go out and get twacked or something, as Meth and Cocain (and just about anything else) really are horrible on your body, but in the case of weed(if used in the way LoS and some really intelligible people do), it fits perfectly. And it's much easier to do safely at that. You don't have to get it through a dealer or any gay crap like that. You can go to any bar, supermarket, church, ect and get it. It's all a matter of how far you take the drug.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=A bastardization in my original thread]keyartist disagrees: Weed is not the answer
It seems as if I am not the one on weed. :rolleyes:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Drugs are bad!!! Stay away from them!!!! Don't listen to teenagers!!! *ducks* :D

Oh...did I mention, I'm on drugs!!! :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

You've only got a few more months to dismiss me as a teenager, jesse. Make the best of it:cookie:

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Xuphansa: It seems as if I am not the one on weed. :rolleyes:

Remind me to yell at you later for insulting weed like that.

Quoting Sapphire Rose: What keyartist really fails at grasping is that it's not the drugs themselves that are bad, it's the stupid *******s that tend to do it everywhere.

Exactly. Frank Zappa made a good quote once on this that went something like "I have no problem with drugs. A drug is just a chemical compound. My problem comes when people use them as an excuse to act like an ***hole."

Quoting Sapphire Rose: You don't have to get it through a dealer or any gay crap like that. You can go to any bar, supermarket, church, ect and get it. It's all a matter of how far you take the drug.

Wait a sec, are we still talking about weed here? I sure wish the local churches and supermarkets around here carried weed.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Hahaha, yeah. There's a few churches I've been to around here that are just full of potheads. It's pretty funny actually. "Like, woah man, *** bless. *giggle*"

Posted by GameMiestro

Nip it in the bud.

The drugs, that is.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I prefer marijuana to alcohol, personally. Alcohol gets me too ballsy and sociable, while marijuana makes me really relaxed and makes food and music become just that much better. Needless to say, I very rarely get drunk. Still, I don't even get high very often - about once every few months or so. See and it's not because I'm worried about the health effects (k the brain damage isn't significant AT ALL and any damage done to your lungs can be repaired when your lung sheds off the mutated and damaged cells, look it up) but rather because I simply don't like being fucked up except on an extreme occassion.

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Hahaha, yeah. There's a few churches I've been to around here that are just full of potheads. It's pretty funny actually. "Like, woah man, *** bless. *giggle*"

I suddenly want to praise 8lb 7oz baby jesus and all his infant glory.

Quoting Lord of Spam: You've only got a few more months to dismiss me as a teenager, jesse. Make the best of it

Whoa, I always thought you were older than me. I'm only older by a few months, but still, what the hell man?

Posted by Philsdad

Quoted post: The Judge agrees: hey, look at all the people who support drugs! I don't!
Princess Fate agrees: me neither!

That's not really the issue here though. Keyartist derailed Xenos' thread and wouldn't even give her drawing a chance, just because of his view on drugs. It seems like she worked really hard on it, and he could have at least been respectful if he was going to criticize it.

If you guys don't like pot, that's fine..totally your call. But that doesn't change the fact that Keyartist was being kind of a douche, which is why we were all derepping him in the first place.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Shin-Ra: I prefer marijuana to alcohol, personally. Alcohol gets me too ballsy and sociable, while marijuana makes me really relaxed and makes food and music become just that much better. Needless to say, I very rarely get drunk. Still, I don't even get high very often - about once every few months or so. See and it's not because I'm worried about the health effects (k the brain damage isn't significant AT ALL and any damage done to your lungs can be repaired when your lung sheds off the mutated and damaged cells, look it up) but rather because I simply don't like being fucked up except on an extreme occassion.

That's how it's opposite for me. Pot fucks me up more than anything I've ever done in my life.

Booze ftw.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I actually prefer a little bit of both. Get 5-7 shots in me to loosen me up a little, and then smoke a bowl or two to mellow me out. It gives the sociability of alcohol without the WOOOOOO YEEEEAAAAH IM DRUNK HEY LETS ALL PARTY WOOOOOO aspect. Plus, everything is funny.

Posted by NeXidala

[quote]The Judge agrees: hey, look at all the people who support drugs! I don't!
Princess Fate agrees: me neither!
I'm not supporting drugs, but I'm not shooting anyone down because they are taking drugs, like Keyartist did. And, especially if it's on the interent.

Posted by keyartist

Not good but all that I have at my house. Each of them are at least 2 years old, and I've got alot better in those 2 years.

Yeah looking back these do suck but like I said still better that the other one.

P.S. Sorry for being so harsh, I just HATE drugs with a passion.

Please be as harsh as you want it will only make me better.

Posted by Iris

That's not nearly as good as Xenos' drawing. Shading isn't bad on the top-left one, but they're still nowhere close to as good as Xenos', dear.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting keyartist: Not good but all that I have at my house. Each of them are at least 2 years old, and I've got alot better in those 2 years.

Yeah looking back these do suck but like I said still better that the other one.

Please be as harsh as you want it will only make me better.

Is that Ed in the top left one from FMA?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting keyartist:

Why?

Posted by Lord of Spam

BECAUSE THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY INHERENTLY BAD DUH

Posted by Zeta

Marijuana killed his father and raped his mother.

... Or is that cigarettes?

Posted by Sapphire Rose

No no, that was me. I was just smoking cigarettes and weed at the same time while doing it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

keyartist: lol, I like how you put down someone else's effort when you suck.

Posted by keyartist

It was not the effort of there drawings and I know that those suck, I I got made at is the fact that people are no nice, you can say what you are thinking.

And when ever I go and do something like post a thread or something else like like I get eating alive much worst.

P.S. The Reason why I HATE weed: Lets see it was about 14 years ago when I heard my parents yelling, I didn't know what it was about I thought they where supposed to love each other but I guess not, My dad love smoking pot more then he loved my mom. They divorsed, you know how that is. I think that clearifies it.

I dont hate people who do drugs, I just hate they way they act on them. **** in school all my friends smoked pot and where allways tring to have me smoke with them, but I didn't I don't like the effects it has on people.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting keyartist: And when ever I go and do something like post a thread or something else like like I get eating alive much worst.

It's probably because of how ****ing ignorant you are. I've read some of the things you posted and I felt complete disgust and replusion at how you could be so ignorant.

Posted by keyartist

No its not that, its the ignorance of other people not giving someone a 2nd chance.

P.S. yes it is ed from FMA

Posted by NeXidala

2nd chance for what?! Stop acting like this is your life and stop feeling like you need to 'redeem' yourself, geez.

Did you trace?

Posted by keyartist

No I never trace but I did copy it out of the "Broken Angel" manual. I drew it 4 times its size.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting keyartist: It was not the effort of there drawings and I know that those suck, I I got made at is the fact that people are no nice, you can say what you are thinking.

And when ever I go and do something like post a thread or something else like like I get eating alive much worst.

P.S. The Reason why I HATE weed: Lets see it was about 14 years ago when I heard my parents yelling, I didn't know what it was about I thought they where supposed to love each other but I guess not, My dad love smoking pot more then he loved my mom. They divorsed, you know how that is. I think that clearifies it.

I dont hate people who do drugs, I just hate they way they act on them. **** in school all my friends smoked pot and where allways tring to have me smoke with them, but I didn't I don't like the effects it has on people.

Somehow finding out that your parents were into drugs doesnt suprise me.

Posted by keyartist

Quoting Lord of Spam: Somehow finding out that your parents were into drugs doesnt suprise me.

It wasn't them as a whole it was my DAD.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If you say so:cookie:

Posted by keyartist

See thats what I'm talking about, What reason do I have to lie, You all can trust me on this, I won't make up stories or lie there is not need for it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Because you sound like a ****ing retard. I'm like, known for typing like a moron and even I have to reread half the stuff you post.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting keyartist:

So, wait. You derepped Xenos because she was supposedly "on weed"... and she was totally normal. Yet, you didn't like the way she acted? You would never have even had a guess that she could have been unless she told you!

Posted by NeXidala

PROVES MY POINT!

Posted by keyartist

Quoting Sapphire Rose: So, wait. You derepped Xenos because she was supposedly "on weed"... and she was totally normal. Yet, you didn't like the way she acted? You would never have even had a guess that she could have been unless she told you!

First whats -1 point compared to some who has over 5000+ rep And if you read what she said she said she was starting to lose the effects or something like that.

This is what she said.

It wore off before I could finish.

So that means she was on it, right.

And it was they way everybody else acted not only her.

All I said That it wasn't good, Thats from my eyes and mine only. Why you guys think it was GREAT is beyound me.

Thats what makes us different, us no agreeing on stuff. And doesn't she wanna know what we think, I just told her what I thought.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting keyartist: First whats -1 point compared to some who has over 5000+ rep And if you read what she said she said she was starting to lose the effects or something like that.

This is what she said.

It wore off before I could finish.

So that means she was on it, right.

And it was they way everybody else acted not only her.

All I said That it wasn't good, Thats from my eyes and mine only. Why you guys think it was GREAT is beyound me.

Thats what makes us different, us no agreeing on stuff. And doesn't she wanna know what we think, I just told her what I thought.

No the only reason you critized Xenos so badly is because you thought he was on weed!

Posted by keyartist

Yeah thats because Xenos said that she was , Or he. Whats wrong with not liking it? Answer that and that alone.

Xenos if you can draw something else that would be good but if you don't draw that much than I under stand. Perfect practice makes perfect. Even after I say I'm sorry I still hear it. People got to learn to let things go as they are.

Posted by NeXidala

Nothing is wrong with not liking it. But, what is wrong is critizing it like YOU are Picasso just because you thought he was on weed. I'm not saying weed is good, but it's none of your buisness.

Posted by keyartist

I know its none of my buisness, its just hard for me to joke with weed. But I don't like being messed with ether, If you saw some of the posts I made people are harsh, why can't i be. Like I said before , if you talk down on someones work then they'll strive to do better and thats all I wanted.

Posted by Lord of Spam

No, if you provide constructive criticism on peoples work, and are someone that they regard as knowledgable, they will take your advice tyo heart and improve. Saying lol sux isnt helpful.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wouldn't matter anyways, since he's regarded as a complete moron. This whole thread just proves it even further.