This is bad, Very bad.

Posted by Malevolence

So... Today I bought new ram, 1 gig to be exact.

Why? Well, I play World OF Warcraft and Counter-strike Source, and with 512 ram (128 shared), I lag alot. To solve this problem, I planned on buying a new computer, but due to the lack of five-hundred dollars, I couldn't do that, right away. I thought about buying more ram, and from further advice from my guild members on WoW, I decided to. It was a rather quick decision, and bought it today. I bought it at Bestbuy, but originally I had to drive back to my house and get the product # for my eMachines desktop. I came back with the # and got suggested the correct ram type or whatever for my computer. Bought 2 512's for ram for 70 dollars each, adding up to $140. I also bought a wireless mouse, but I'll get to that in a minute. I tried putting the ram into my comp, but I couldn't get it in all the way to latch. I thought it just didn't fit well, and I didn't want to put alot of force on it so I checked to see if it worked. It didn't go through so I opened my computer back up and tried putting it back in. This time I got it to latch, and it seemed like I placed it in perfectly. I turn it on, and at first, it says something strange, and doesn't load up. The next time it only loaded my mothers profile, and it tried to make me put in a password which she didn't even know of. The 3rd time worked, I logged into my profile, and it seemed like it was working... But it doesn't. I get error messages saying my System32 file is corrupt, and almost every program crashes. My computer randomly restarts (Has happened before purchasing the ram, but not nearly as much) and afterwards it says windows recovered from a serious error. At first I did not think it was the ram, since it applied itself (I got a chance to play Counterstrike source and WoW once, and it did not lag at all... I was so happy) and It was also picked out by someone I watched go through my computers model thingy. I thought it wasn't the ram, til I saw this. [IMG]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8288/errorqo4.png[/IMG]

I was thinking I should call up Bestbuy tomorrow, and see why it doesn't work. Originally I was suggested a 1 chip gig card, but the clerk guy got me the 2 512's instead because it was supposedly faster due to dual channel, and it might be cheaper. Here is all the information of the ram card :[IMG]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7779/img001jb6.jpg[/IMG]

My eMachines model is T6216. I'd appreciate the help, and I'm lucky my computer hasn't freeze yet.

EDIT : I'm sorry for the huge images, but I'm not in much a position to edit.

Posted by Malevolence

I also forgot to get into the mouse ordeal. This one isn't bad, and probably easily solvable, but I mine as well ask. I bought a wireless optical mouse for 40 dollars, that was rechargable. The first directions are.

"To connect the receiver :
1 Turn on the computer
2 Plus the USB connector of the receiver inot the USB port on the computer.
3 Select the mouse channel."

I'm not sure of what it means by select mouse channel, If it means the one in the mouse, it is already set. If it means one that pops up when you connect the USB cord, I does not pop up.

The second part tells me to press the mouse receiver button to link them together. I do this, but it never actually works. I installed the wireless mouse software onto my computer, but it still doesn't work. This confuses me...

I might be able to figure this out on my own, but right now this isn't my concern, and I'm better one of you could give me a faster answer through experience. Thanks.

*Sorry for the double post, but expect a triple post*

Posted by Malevolence

Update : This is the WoW error I receive.

[IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1961/wowramproblemvc5.png[/IMG]

Posted by higbvuyb

"To connect the receiver :
1 Turn on the computer

Do the mouse and reciever have small buttons on them somewhere labelled 'connect' or 'channel' or somethign similar? Then you should press both of them at the same time.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting higbvuyb: "To connect the receiver :
1 Turn on the computer

Do the mouse and reciever have small buttons on them somewhere labelled 'connect' or 'channel' or somethign similar? Then you should press both of them at the same time.

Yeah, I managed to fix it. I might return it though, it feels very wierd.

I also managed to fix the ram problem, but not really fix what it did. I had to remove it completely for my computer to stop ****ing up. I'm going to Bestbuy to bring it back and replace it.

Posted by Malevolence

Nevermind. Problem solved. One of the ram cards was defective, and we got it replaced. I also replaced the mouse because wireless just doesn't seem responsive enough. I bought a Logitech MX400 laser mouse, which feels much better and I don't feel so uncomfortable.

If needed, this thread can be deleted if it has no importance.