-GBA- only recommendations.

Posted by Xenos

I am bored so I would like some nice, new RPG games for GBA .... yet I have no idea where to start. Yes, I have played Riviera, GS 1 and 2, and a few others I can't remember. Thanks ahead of time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

FFTA. **** anyone who complains about the judge system, that **** was awesome. Plus, I can't think of any others. Except for the Zelda games. They're kinda like RPGs.

Posted by Arcadios

I second Tatics Advanced.

Posted by Shin-Ra

FFTA sucked. Get Tactics Ogre and avoid a horrible, childish plotline.

Also, grab Tales of Phantasia and party like a Viking.

Posted by poisonblood

Sword of Mana

Tales of Phantasia

Lunar Legend

Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem: The sacred stones

Zelda: The minish Cap

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Quoted post: FFTA sucked. Get Tactics Ogre and avoid a horrible, childish plotline.

Ah, **** you :( All RPG storylines suck, at least the game itself was pretty fun.

Posted by Apathetic

Megaman BN, I would suggest number 2. Pokemon games are actually decent at times as well. I second all the games posted already too.

Posted by maian

I enjoyed FFTA.

If you're looking for a lighthearted different style of RPG, you can try Mario and Luigi.

Posted by GameMiestro

Only get a Final Fantasy game or Tales of Phantasia if you are prepared to scream at your Game Boy. A lot. If you have less sanity than that, get Pokemon Emerald or Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, two of the best games on the system.

Posted by Xenos

Sword of Mana - played part of it

Tales of Phantasia - played

Lunar Legend - played

Fire Emblem see below.

Fire Emblem: The sacred stones - not into that type of game.

Zelda: The minish Cap - maybe

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - not into that type of game

Played all Pokemon games.

Posted by Zeta

Summon Night: Swordcraft story is the GBA RPG that comes to mind that isn't on that list. It plays somewhat similar to Tales of Phantasia.

Or you could get one of the Castlevania games. They have RPG elements in them. >.>

Quoted post: Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

Oh yeah, definitely that game if you haven't played it yet. But seriously, try Minish Cap. It's fantastic.

Posted by Shade

Final Fantasy 1&2: Dawn of Souls

Breath of Fire II

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow has some RPG-like stuff. :)

Posted by Xenos

Final Fantasy 1&2: Dawn of Souls - > Hmm ... doesn't really interest me much.

Breath of Fire II - > Played. ;)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow has some RPG-like stuff. -> Hmm .. I'll check this one out.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Ah, **** you :( All RPG storylines suck, at least the game itself was pretty fun.

k, you need to play BG2, Disgaea and Shadow Hearts.

I've played a small bit of Tactics Ogre, and it seems good (from what I vaguely remember). No others are coming to mind.

Just keep playing FoMT. ;)

Posted by Ant

Riviera

Posted by Xenos

Played that already. :mad:

Posted by GameMiestro

The GBA is, like, the ultimate RPG system. If you want some recent games, get Final Fantasy 5 (possibly the last great game for the GBA), or if you don't mind classics, get the Pokemon games (not mystery dungeon), M&L:SS, FFTA, Tales of Phantasia, Advance Wars (that IS an rpg), Fire Emblem, Castlevania, etc.

Quoted post: Angelwing agrees: Besides the GC, it's one of the worst, actually.

You're ****ing ****ting me. Get the **** out of my tubes right now.

Never!

You know I'm right.

I know you're wrong actually. So very wrong. Seriously, how can it be one of the worst? I'll accept "it's not so great" which is still stupid wrong, but one of the worst? **** you, ma'am. You just crossed the line.

Personally, I haven't found any really decent RPGs for it. I've tried quite a few but haven't even bothered to finish them because they're hardly worth the time. There are tons of other games I'd rather be playing. Are you telling me there are better rpg's for gba than the ps2 or computer?

No, since those would be the best. I'm telling you it has better RPGs than just about every other system ever released. You'd be putting the GBA down with the Atari sytems, Xbox, Gamecube and so on. Which makes you wrong.

I see. I was under the impression that you thought it was the best. Which would have been very wrong. I'll agree that it's better than Xbox and Atari systems, but Intellivision has D&D. I mean, really.

Of course it's not the best. But it's up there.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Angelwing]Personally, I haven't found any really decent RPGs for it. I've tried quite a few but haven't even bothered to finish them because they're hardly worth the time.

MARIO. AND. LUIGI. SUPERSTAR. SAGA.

Believe me, it's worth the time.

Posted by Shade

I actually didn't like that game at all. :\

Now Golden Sun, those are some **** good games.

Posted by Litbut

River City Ransom has RPG elements.

... Yeah, I think she's looking for RPG games, not games that have the slightest hint of RPG elements.

Posted by Slade

lol u play a role in f-zero

ur name is capt. falcon

DO NOT get Kingom Hearts for GBA. It sucks, and the only reason I'm going to beat it is because it's kind of hard sometimes. I second getting the Superstar Saga games and FF5.

Posted by Ant

I'd get IV over V. Just me though.

Posted by Zeta

I never understood what was so great about IV. Seemed mediocre in every way.

It is. But it's better than the DS remake of III.

Posted by Shade

IV was epic. I mean, come on, THE MOON!? Plus they used names from Inferno for the elemental lords.

Yeah, yeeeeeeah.

Posted by Ant

Personally, I found the story very compelling. Which, was one of the main things Lisa asked for isn't?

Posted by Shade

Yeah, especially what happened to Polom and Porom

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: FFTA. **** anyone who complains about the judge system, that **** was awesome. Plus, I can't think of any others. Except for the Zelda games. They're kinda like RPGs.

You misunderstood me, Vampy. I like FFTA's judge system just fine. What I meant was that I can't stand The Judge, you know, who posts here. But I think Judgemaster Cid is just terrific.

If you like FF games, you're in luck because Square has recently decided that they'd release all their old NES and SNES game for the GBA, which seems to be much less costly than developing a new game, and still quite profitable because guys like me who already own two version of the game still go out and buy the GBA one just for the bonus dungeon.

Seriously, though, FF6 is coming to the GBA very soon. I'm sure there's an official date for it, but I won't be looking it up right now. In my experience, there's no better full-RPG than FF6. I say "Full-RPG" because FFTactics is better than FF6, but is a Strategy RPG.

So get FF6 when it comes out. Until then, get FF4Advance and FF5Advance. They should keep you plenty busy with meteors and whale ships until FF6 comes out. Plus FF4 and FF5 are freaking awesome games, too.

[quote=Shade32]Yeah, especially what happened to

I was more shocked about [COLOR="DimGray"]Yang's ability to survive the blast from a cannon with the power to destroy an entire civilization, miles and miles away.[/COLOR]

But yeah, the kids were rocks. I know because I used a "Heal" on them, and nothing happened.

Posted by Shade

The original Final Fantasy is still my favorite. I have no idea why.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Shade32: The original Final Fantasy is still my favorite. I have no idea why.

If you mean the NES version, I'd say it's not my favorite, but it's up there. It's much more charming than the newer versions. I know that there is way too much whining about the remakes, but they really did sully the feel of the game when they ported it to GBA. The PS1 version was sufficient, but still not as charming. You know, the bad graphics were fun. The sound was cool. The difficulty and challenge of the game was cool, and dang it, Dr. Unne was cool too.

Quoted post: You misunderstood me, Vampy. I like FFTA's judge system just fine. What I meant was that I can't stand The Judge, you know, who posts here. But I think Judgemaster Cid is just terrific.

... that wasn't directed at you...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Yeah, I know. But in all honestly, I didn't care much for the law system. Once you get the antilaw cards, it's not too bad, but it can get annoying when you have a mission with a time limit and there aren't any good sets of laws and you end up failing the mission.

I didn't like the judges and the laws and such, but I wouldn't let something like that spoil an entire game for me. Other than that, I liked it a lot. It kinda sucked that you got AP per battle instead of per action because in the original FFT, you could spend an hour just using "Accumulate" earning JP and thus mastering job classes rather systematically.

Posted by Poco

Jesus h christ. 3 pages and no Super Robot Wars: OG demands? I guess you faggots are to busy playing lame ducks like Rivira. SRW is way better then any of the other Tactics JRPGs Atlus has flooded the market with.

SRW is developed and published by Atlus. wtf?

Also, OG isn't that great compared to other SRW games. We only got them because they don't have to deal with licensing issues.

Posted by Poco

Bandai actually makes the game. What I ment are the games that Atlus has been coming out with lately.

OG is still really, really good though.

The developers for the American translation was completely handled by Atlus though. And yeah, it's good... but eh. Not the SRW game I'd play if it's my first one.

Posted by Poco

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gpt_m66XFKQ

See, if they could make a game starring Zonvolt and Elzam, and just them, beating up the alien bug army or whatever, and you could do that, I'd totally play it.

Of course, we will never see the regular series because really, who wants free adverts. That's really what they would be if the translation was good.

I DO. The regular series with all the mechs from just about every show involving mechs is awesome. That's part of the series' charm.