Newest Super NES Possessions

Posted by Dexter

My sister wanted to go out garage sell shopping today so I took her around and fortunately I found a great deal consisting of a Super Nintendo, two controllers, and 13 games for 20 bucks.

The games are Super Mario All Stars (my 3rd copy if anyone wants a trade), Biker Mice From Mars (looks radical), Scooby Doo Mystery, Cool Spot, Inspector Gadget, Rocky Rodent (another rad looking game), Donkey Kong 1, 2, and 3, The Lion King (sexy), Monopoly, Battletoads/Double Dragon, and Super Mario RPG. This gives me a total of 47 Super Nintendo games.

I'm most thankful for finally getting Super Mario RPG. Oddly enough, I've never been able to go through that game and I'm looking forward to finally doing so very soon. Battletoads/Double Dragon is another good catch for me, since I absolutely adored the difficulty of the Battletoads game for the regular Nintendo. I don't expect this one to be as difficult, but it'll still be fun. And I have to beat The Lion King for Aesthetical purposes.

Posted by Stalolin

Battletoads/Double Dragon is impossible.

I used to play Scooby Doo Mystery and Cool Spot when I was younger. I hate both of them now. Super Mario RPG is always good.

Posted by Ant

The Lion King on Super Nintendo is probably harder than the Battletoads on Super Nintendo :(

And wow, didn't think you'd be one NOT to play Super Mario RPG. Man, you used to be cool Dexter...

Posted by Zeta

Wait, you haven't played Mario RPG, or any of the DK Country games? wtf?

Posted by Dexter

I've never been able to go through Super Mario RPG. I played it for about an hour when it first came out, but that's it. It is a really important game that I should've had off the list a long time ago, but the truth is, I'm seriously lacking in my Super Nintendo experience. As for the Donkey Kong games, I used to have all three, but I left them in Montana with a friend when I moved to Oregon. I defeated all three already, but it's still nice to have them back within my collection.

Is The Lion King really that hard?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Dexter]Is The Lion King really that hard?

If it's anything like the Genesis version then yes.

I could never get past the third level as a kid. :(

Posted by Zapper

Sounds like a great deal Dexter :D

[quote=Stalolin]
I used to play Scooby Doo Mystery and Cool Spot when I was younger.

Hahaha, I remember playing Scooby Doo Mystery when I was younger as well. :p:
I never got that far into it...

And I never played through Super Mario RPG all the way either. It seems like a fun game though.

Wow, I also just looked up Battletoads/Double Dragon - I had only heard of DD and Battletoads (seperately). Not a combination of the two. It looks kind of interesting. I'll play it sometime.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

That's a sweet deal. I must mourn my Mario RPG though, I lent to a friend in exchange for borrowing his Soul Blazer... he got robbed, and all his super NES stuff (including my Mario RPG) was gone. He felt really bad and let me keep his Soul Blazer.